“had I known how nice it would be, I would have booked more nights!”

Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Mickleton, New Jersey
“had I known how nice it would be, I would have booked more nights!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean rooms, extremely comfortable beds, delicious free buffet (the kids loved the "make your own waffles"), the staff was very friendly and helpful- especially when I missed the time for our jeep tour and the tour company called the front desk to find us. Rebecca at the front desk took care of re-scheduling our tour for 2 hours later- problem solved and I didn't have to leave my room! View was magnificent, used the timeshare facilities and didn't have any problems-was not treated like an intruder- actually treated quite the opposite (overly friendly)...maybe she read the previous reviews! Outdoor pool was clean, relaxing, and empty! It felt like our private family oasis! Loved Sedona! Definitely coming back soon and will be staying here!

1 Thank Bridget0228

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

A fun hotel with a comfortable room and very nice staff. There is a nice view of the hills and indoor and outdoor pools as well a a game room. Our family had a very enjoyable experience. We were there at the end of August and the hotel and pools were not crowded.

Byron Center, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Before I go into the room specifics, I would like to comment on the staff. Those, I encountered were the most helpful and professional people I've experienced in awhile. Very customer service orientated. The hotel its self was great, the location good, the grounds well groomed. The rooms themselves were well maintain and clean. My only gripes were, coffee maker was poorly located, the bathroom door stop should be changed to wall or to top of the door, to avoid jamming your toes. and the room could use a coffee table.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I brought my mom on a trip west for her first "red rock" experience and first Grand Canyon experience in June 2013. This hotel is located in the "old downtown" area of Sedona, AZ. The location is FABULOUS! We walked everywhere we needed to go. Very near eateries, shoppes, Trolley Tour, etc.
The hotel itself is very well-done. The exterior decor, gardens and pool are well-groomed. Our room had a superb balcony with pool, garden and red rock views (Snoopy Rock).
Check-in and staff were courteous and helpful with tourist information.
Complimentary breakfast buffet was surprisingly WELL-DONE!! Good presentation, buffet was cleaned and tended to frequently, hot items were hot, and the coffee was "coffee shoppe" quality!! Well done Chef! You won't need lunch after enjoying their breakfast buffet.
HOWEVER, on our last evening there, we wanted to take a pizza down to the "creekside" area. This area is shown on the website as part of the hotel experience. It is also presented at check-in as part of the property. HOWEVER, there is NO SIGNAGE to direct guests to this area. My mother and I (and our pizza) attempted 2-3 times to locate an entry point to the creekside.This area is a "time-share" villa property that is NOT WELCOMING to "other" guests not registered at a time-share unit. Finally, we stopped at the time-share registration office where I asked (somewhat preturbed) if the creekside area really existed. Staff member BARBARA asked if we were guests of the hotel, "yes" and I showed our key card. She then "chided" us for not signing in before coming onto the property. As I was accomodating her request and signing in, I told her we were told this was part of the Best Western property, had free access to it, and were not told to stop and sign in. BARBARA replied, "that's not my problem". I promptly crossed my name off her sign-in roster and left. We ate cold pizza on our balcony.
I reported this incident to the front desk of the Best Western, staff looked at each other as if BARBARA was being BARBARA again. They did contact the time-share office and discuss it with them. I do not know what the outcome was.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Enjoy everything this hotel has to offer, but DON'T COUNT ON VISITING THE CREEKSIDE VILLAS unless you want to feel like a trespasser.

Room Tip: Red Rock views--choose balcony rooms. Garden/pool easy access---choose 1st floor rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mibusyrn
BWARHmanagement, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear mybusyrn,
Thank you for your thoughtful review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room, beautiful grounds and breakfast. However, I sincerely apologize you had trouble finding the Creek and worse, the lack of customer service you received in doing so. We work hand in hand with the Arroyo Roble Resort and strive to insure all guests receive superior customer service.

I have contacted the Resorts General Manager regarding your review and he has already addressed the issue with the employee in question. We are well aware it is our guest’s service personnel who play a major role in our guest’s satisfaction.

Also, I agree, we should provide better signage to the resort registration and to the Creek area. In addition to the map of the property already provided, we will explore options on how we can better mark the path for the convenience our guests.

I hope the next time you are in Sedona, you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations

Warm Regards,
Lonnie Lillie
Tampa, FL
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and would recommend it. We had a great view of the Red Rocks from our balcony. The room was clean and updated and the included breakfast both days was very good. It is a good location to do all of the tourist stuff on the main strip in Sedona and several good restaurants we ate at were all within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sean D
Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband, kids (ages 9 & 10) and I recently visited Sedona and stayed at the Best Western. The clerk who checked us in was friendly and courteous. He was also able to provide recommendations on where to eat and what to do. We took most of his suggestions and weren't disappointed with any of them. The room was clean with an amazing view of the mountains. The kids had a great time in the pool, as well as the game room. We took a short walk behind the hotel to a creek where the whole family had a blast swimming. Other reviewers have complained about the breakfast, but the 4 of us were each able to find something we liked and it was all delicious. If/when we return to Sedona, we will definitely stay here again!

3 Thank zeekester
Chicago, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After a conference in the valley, we traveled north to Sedona and was most surprised and elated with the views from our room at the Best Western PLUS Arroyo Roble. The room was comfortable and the hotel centrally located for the area. There is much to do in the area and David was most helpful in suggesting things to do in a day. Yes, we came with our own list and he helped round out the experience. = )

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple