“Very pleasant stay with incredible views!”
Review of Cedars Resort

Cedars Resort
Ranked #44 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed in room 121, which is on the bottom floor. The views are beautiful, overlooking the trees at the creek onto the rock formations and canyons across the vista. The rooms are simple, have a mini fridge, television, complimentary coffee, and complimentary soaps and shampoos. It was a very pleasant stay for us. We received a good rate during the week when it's not busy in Sedona. It's just down south a few minutes from uptown Sedona with all the shops along the main strip. We slept with the sliding glass door open to hear the soothing rush of the creek all night.

The breakfast is a bit meager but if you just need something to hold you over, the prepackaged bagels, bottle of apple or orange juice, and coffee is just enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John S

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had a tremendous view outside our balcony window of Snoopy Rock and of the Oak Creek dogleg 100 feet below. Despite being in the middle of Sedona, our room afforded us peace and quiet along with the soothing sound of Oak Creek flowing with gentle rapids through the wooded area behind the resort. The rooms were comfortable if not a little old. It was hard to adjust the shower-often real hot. The pool was nice with great views but the pool itself was not heated (cold!). The 1st service person was very conversational and friendly and really made us feel welcome. He had very interesting stories of his life from Maine to Hawaii.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the street and facing the rocks/woods.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerry W
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Cedars. The location at the Sedona "T" (meeting of the two main hwys) was perfect for seeing and doing all that we had in mind. Our room was very nice and indeed had a beautiful view of the canyon. It was lovely to sit and watch the colors change throughout the sunset hours. The room itself was clean and had many nice ammenities. Beyond check in and out, we never saw the staff, but when we were at the desk, everyone was quite pleasant. Got some good recommendations for dinner which were both just a short walk away. It was also very quiet as the rooms in the back (which are the ones with views) are away from the very busy and noisy streets. Would highly recommend the Cedars.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back have the view. I believe these rooms are noted such on their website so you k...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Upon arrival in Sedona I was disappointed in what I perceived to be a commercial shopping area. It was not at all what I expected. Them we started to look for a place to stay and all the places seemed too expensive. We called cedars and with somebody who seemed nice and helpful so we decided to check it out. Conviently located at the end of town on a round about we went in to see a room. That is where we met John and Rick, brothers, who were awesome. They gave us a couple of options for rooms ( upstairs, downstairs, different size beds etc.). We ended up in a great room with a balcony and a breath taking view on a lovely sounding running creek. They gave us some recommendations for dinner and some coupons and were just so very polite and accommodating and seemed really interested in us having a good time in Sedona. I

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Caroltrombetta
Reviewed March 11, 2014

It was a long trip from Grand Canyon to Sedona. I had to pee really bad. We had reservations at Cedars. We walked in. We were guests, paying full rack rate. Stewart, the owner, pointed me to a bar, a couple of blocks down. I couldn't make it. He said, "Sorry, but we don't have a restroom in the office and your room isn't ready" I stressed the urgency of my problem. I said "I'll go rigjht the bathroom in our room. I won't look. I promise."

Stewart wouldn't budge. "It's not check in time yet. There's nothing I can do. Come back at 4 o'clock."

I walked out without being able to use the facilities in my own room!

Nice way to greet a rack-rate guest with a problem. By the way, the room was over-priced at $159. The Continental breakfast was skimpy and included Danish that were nearly as old as the Grand Canyon. There were plenty of motels on the strip. Frequent THEM!

Room Tip: The highly publicized "Skywalk" on the West Rim is hardly larger than than your garden var...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Tellitlikeitis2014
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Room is spacious but bathrooms are small. This was an updated motel and is right at the traffic circle near old Sedona. Location is great to walk to the arts village and downtown shops. You can get to a few hikes as well without driving and parking. View from the balcony was great, right under "Snoopy". The provide a small continental breakfast and there are no microwaves in the room. Do have refrigerators. Beds are nice and comfy.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the property with views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Onefussyone
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I wanted an inexpensive central hotel for my stay in Sedona and found just what I wanted at the Cedars Resort. It's not fancy but the room was very clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable and staff were friendly and helpful. I got sick during my 1 week stay and they made sure the room was cleaned as quickly as possible the one day I just wanted to crawl back into my bed.
Central location so I walked to shops and restaurants. Wifi worked every time I wanted to connect. Breakfast was OK - nothing special but hot coffee and toast etc was all I wanted.

The views though were FABULOUS!! Make sure you ask for a room looking over Oak Creek and the red rocks. The rocks are what I came to see and it's sure what I got from my room. Perfect!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo