“Me: "I gotta pee" Stewart the Owner: "Sorry. Not in this hotel."” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedars Resort

Cedars Resort
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Me: "I gotta pee" Stewart the Owner: "Sorry. Not in this hotel."”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

It was a long trip from Grand Canyon to Sedona. I had to pee really bad. We had reservations at Cedars. We walked in. We were guests, paying full rack rate. Stewart, the owner, pointed me to a bar, a couple of blocks down. I couldn't make it. He said, "Sorry, but we don't have a restroom in the office and your room isn't ready" I stressed the urgency of my problem. I said "I'll go rigjht the bathroom in our room. I won't look. I promise."

Stewart wouldn't budge. "It's not check in time yet. There's nothing I can do. Come back at 4 o'clock."

I walked out without being able to use the facilities in my own room!

Nice way to greet a rack-rate guest with a problem. By the way, the room was over-priced at $159. The Continental breakfast was skimpy and included Danish that were nearly as old as the Grand Canyon. There were plenty of motels on the strip. Frequent THEM!

Room Tip: The highly publicized "Skywalk" on the West Rim is hardly larger than than your garden var...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Tellitlikeitis2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Room is spacious but bathrooms are small. This was an updated motel and is right at the traffic circle near old Sedona. Location is great to walk to the arts village and downtown shops. You can get to a few hikes as well without driving and parking. View from the balcony was great, right under "Snoopy". The provide a small continental breakfast and there are no microwaves in the room. Do have refrigerators. Beds are nice and comfy.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the property with views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Onefussyone
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I wanted an inexpensive central hotel for my stay in Sedona and found just what I wanted at the Cedars Resort. It's not fancy but the room was very clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable and staff were friendly and helpful. I got sick during my 1 week stay and they made sure the room was cleaned as quickly as possible the one day I just wanted to crawl back into my bed.
Central location so I walked to shops and restaurants. Wifi worked every time I wanted to connect. Breakfast was OK - nothing special but hot coffee and toast etc was all I wanted.

The views though were FABULOUS!! Make sure you ask for a room looking over Oak Creek and the red rocks. The rocks are what I came to see and it's sure what I got from my room. Perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CanadianKatnip
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a lovely older hotel. Check in staff was very helpful. Our room was spacious with a small refrigerator and flat screen TV, but who wants to watch TV when you can sit out on the private patio and watch an unobstructed view of the fabulous mountains. Below was a lovely peaceful stream...very relaxing. The displayed photo is what we saw...no streets, cars or parking lots. Although we were close to a busy street we never heard anything but the stream. Ice machine is inside the main building which is locked in the evening, hot water could get very hot and the sheets can be slept off the bed were the only inconveniences.

Room Tip: Be aware hot water can get very hot. Get ice during the day as the ice machine is locked up at nigh...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank pocket1110
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were travelling through and decided on this from recommendation from Redrock tourist info. This was a perfect spot to sit and watch the sunset. Ask to look at the rooms and you will see the wonderful views that are not apparent from the car park. Clean and well equipped. Enjoyed every minute of our stay. Only down side was a noisy fridge which we turned off at night so wasn't a problem and there didn't seem to be many staff around for check out, apart from that would defo go back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tim J
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our expectations were not very high. We just wanted a reasonably priced hotel that was well located and had a view. Once we were inside our room we were blown away by the scenery.
The room's appointments and comfort were perfectly acceptable; nothing special. The balcony was a treat. When we checked in the front desk clerk told us breakfast was included but it was very basic. So we did not bother, as there were several eateries close by. All in all a very satisfying stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a creek-side room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PZimmer746
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We didn't take a room with a view of the mountain, however you can see it from the pool area, which we enjoyed a lot.
Breakfast was disapointing.
The staff was not too friendly, but the room was nice, clean and spacious, with nice balcony, fridge and wi-fi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple