“Great Views”

Ranked #44 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Views”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Room is spacious but bathrooms are small. This was an updated motel and is right at the traffic circle near old Sedona. Location is great to walk to the arts village and downtown shops. You can get to a few hikes as well without driving and parking. View from the balcony was great, right under "Snoopy". The provide a small continental breakfast and there are no microwaves in the room. Do have refrigerators. Beds are nice and comfy.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the property with views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Onefussyone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I wanted an inexpensive central hotel for my stay in Sedona and found just what I wanted at the Cedars Resort. It's not fancy but the room was very clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable and staff were friendly and helpful. I got sick during my 1 week stay and they made sure the room was cleaned as quickly as possible the one day I just wanted to crawl back into my bed.
Central location so I walked to shops and restaurants. Wifi worked every time I wanted to connect. Breakfast was OK - nothing special but hot coffee and toast etc was all I wanted.

The views though were FABULOUS!! Make sure you ask for a room looking over Oak Creek and the red rocks. The rocks are what I came to see and it's sure what I got from my room. Perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CanadianKatnip
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a lovely older hotel. Check in staff was very helpful. Our room was spacious with a small refrigerator and flat screen TV, but who wants to watch TV when you can sit out on the private patio and watch an unobstructed view of the fabulous mountains. Below was a lovely peaceful stream...very relaxing. The displayed photo is what we saw...no streets, cars or parking lots. Although we were close to a busy street we never heard anything but the stream. Ice machine is inside the main building which is locked in the evening, hot water could get very hot and the sheets can be slept off the bed were the only inconveniences.

Room Tip: Be aware hot water can get very hot. Get ice during the day as the ice machine is locked up at nigh...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank pocket1110
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were travelling through and decided on this from recommendation from Redrock tourist info. This was a perfect spot to sit and watch the sunset. Ask to look at the rooms and you will see the wonderful views that are not apparent from the car park. Clean and well equipped. Enjoyed every minute of our stay. Only down side was a noisy fridge which we turned off at night so wasn't a problem and there didn't seem to be many staff around for check out, apart from that would defo go back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tim J
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our expectations were not very high. We just wanted a reasonably priced hotel that was well located and had a view. Once we were inside our room we were blown away by the scenery.
The room's appointments and comfort were perfectly acceptable; nothing special. The balcony was a treat. When we checked in the front desk clerk told us breakfast was included but it was very basic. So we did not bother, as there were several eateries close by. All in all a very satisfying stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a creek-side room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PZimmer746
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We didn't take a room with a view of the mountain, however you can see it from the pool area, which we enjoyed a lot.
Breakfast was disapointing.
The staff was not too friendly, but the room was nice, clean and spacious, with nice balcony, fridge and wi-fi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank multivitamines
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We did not stay at Cedars Resort. However, we stopped next door to take some photos and let our dog walk around. Our dog happen to do her bathroom in the proximity of Cedars Resort so I quickly walked back to the car to get something to pick it up. Just as I got my cleaning material, a man from Cedar Resort comes out so I told him I'll clean it up right a way. Then he proceeds to walk towards me, throws the bag at me, and says "clean it up!" So rudely after I already told him I will do it.

I just feel how people act towards others is a reflection of their true nature. I am glad I did not chose this resort run by this unhappy bitter person.

Stayed June 2013
7 Thank lwenchu

Travelers are raving about these Sedona hotels