“Most central ... room with a view”
Review of Cedars Resort

Cedars Resort
Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Berlin, Germany
“Most central ... room with a view”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

When coming into Sedona there is one major intersecting with a round about. The Cedars Resort is right there. Also the river is there right in front of the balcony but you don't really see it because there are trees (thats ok). Everything is in walking distance (shops and eateries). All of the rooms seem to have the same great view with a small balcony onto the red rocks there. The rooms a really nice and and clean, spacious and give a feeling someone cares for this hotel. The rooms have all you need and small little details that make it really nice. I think i would try this hotel again when coming into Sedona.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank eetschman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband is a smoker. He smoked off the property while we were there. He put his cig butts in his pockets then into the room trash container. after we checked out, they charged my cc for 300.00$ for "cleaning fees" and stated the room had smoke odor. I have disputed this with visa and charges are pending. If I dont win the dispute, I am taking it further. This is unacceptable to us. My husband did follow the rules by not smoking in the room.
In addition, the desk staff was not friendly.
dont they realize they rely on tourism in this small town?? we will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank msanders22

Travelers are raving about these Sedona hotels

Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed in rm 132, creek side, second floor and the view from our balcony blew us away. Everywhere else we had tried in town was booked and so when we happened upon this place we were a little nervous at first as to what we were going to get because it was literally just a fraction of the price we were prepared to pay. Ok, the room is nothing fancy at all. Very standard but did have a refrigerator and was very clean. But when we walked through the room & opened our balcony door our breathe was literally taken away. We could see & hear the creek below and had a panoramic view of the red rocks surrounding us. Sun set & sun rise were delightful & we were a block away from uptown Sedona where we walked to for dinner & brunch. Rooms=very average but clean, staff=nice, location= great, view= priceless!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Blackholepottery
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We booked this "resort" because it was reasonably priced (for Sedona) included a continental breakfast, and looked charming on the website. Having said that, the rooms were clean, carpet new, and we had a nice view from the balcony. The room was just large enough for our family of four. The vanity area of the bathroom was very small as was the actual shower/toilet area. In addition to two queen beds there was a small table and small dresser. No frills like fancy soaps or anything of that nature. It did have a fridge. But it is really a MOTEL and you can't tell that from the pictures on the website. If we ended up having more free time to relax or for the kids to swim I think I would have been very disappointed in our choice to stay here. The pool was unheated and needed cleaning. It was only April, mind you, but we couldn't swim because it was ice cold. We did use the hot tub. ( I noticed the sign at the gate to the pool area said Gate closes at 5:30 pm so you might want to inquire).
I do agree, however, with the reviewers who raved about the Cedar's location. My husband and two teenagers could walk to the shops and restaurants at night without a problem. The front desk was generally helpful too, providing maps, etc.
All-in all this is a clean, no-frills, no amenities motel with a tiny bit of charm and a nice view.

Room Tip: Ask for the creek side rooms for the best view.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 5, 2011

this was my first visit to Sedona. We booked this hotel based on the review in Frommer's, though other hotels with better tripadvisor ratings were available. That was a mistake. Oh well. Technologically, reservations and checkin harken back to 1950. One cannot make reservations online. the man I spoke to on the phone was pleasant, so I reserved a room. When I arrived the woman at the desk was very unpleasant, probably the worst check in ever. We booked a king creek/canyon view room. The view is nice, and is the hotel's best feature. the bath is dated, except for a granite vanity top, which seems to make everything else look more dated by contrast. Old tub with shower head too low. I am short and can't imagine how a tall guy must duck. placed a noisy intersection, I can hear traffic from my room and balcony. Balcony floor slopes oddly and the railing is not properly attached- glad I do not have kids along. Of course, I am not sitting in my room or on my balcony now because I cannot get wifi there. I must go out to the motor court to get wifi- no seats there of course.
Do not book a "city view room". The position of those rooms seems just awful and they must be louder, too.
If you need darkness to sleep, do not come here. the doors have a frosted glass window without a shade, so the parking lot lights glare into the room at night. not sure it is private enough either.
Other places in town look much nicer.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WG6530
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We stayed at Cedars Resort based on cost, location and reviews. We stayed in a king room with balcony overlooking Oak Creek. The room was very clean and spacious and the bed was quite comfortable. The only thing about the room that I found highly annoying was the shower head placement. I think it was installed by the vertically challenged as it was so low I had to stoop down just to rinse the shampoo out of my hair and I am 5'10". Shower aside this place was amazing. We LOVED the balcony. Directly below was Oak Creek which we could both see and hear (we slept with the door open just to hear it all night), and directly across was some of the areas beautiful red rocks. Amazing view which we especially loved to enjoy in the mornings and in the evenings.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cwbtg
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I found this resort to be really a motel but one that is very well maintained,clean, great view if you get a back room overlooking the canyon,and truely a pleasant place. The staff I met were all friendly and helpful. The location is on a busy road but that wasn't a problem. The room I stayed in was in the back and I never heard any noise. It was off season but perfect weather to see the area. I would go back without question.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo