“great views from the hotel balcony!”

Wildflower Inn at BellRock
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“great views from the hotel balcony!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The rooms were clean, the people working at the hotel were very friendly & helpful. I thought this was a good value for what we paid. They had a free breakfast with "make your own waffles". If they would have had fresh strawberries or blueberries it would've been wonderful. Syrup & butter were not bad, but flavored syrup or fresh fruit would have been so good!
They had a nice balcony on the second floor. Great views of several of the red rock formations. I think the one closest to us was called "bell rock". Very quiet in the evenings. Pulled off at one of the parking areas on our way back to the hotel from the Esteban show - got out of the car & looked up. OMG - never saw so many stars at one time! No matter which direction we looked - North, South, East or West - stars so close you felt like you could reach out and touch them!

Room Tip: second floor gives you a better view - you're higher!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
bigtimetraveler55555, Guest Relations Manager at Wildflower Inn at BellRock, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please pass the words to your family and friends.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Iowa
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed there in late April for two days and as far as the looks of the motel, it was worth the $135 we paid Travelocity. However, we had to ask the front desk for WIFI access, which they had to tweak to get it. But here's the real problem: we had already paid Travelocity & I showed the front desk guy it was paid. So when we checked out and I gave them the keys, they checked for incidentals and I had no additional charges & was good to go. So off I went only to find when I got home, a charge on my American Express bill for over $200. I found the Travelocity charge on a former AMEX bill so I had proof I already paid. We called Wildflower with the problem & they told us we'd receive a full refund. We didn't see it in the next few days. We called again to speak to the mgr and they refused to let us speak to him/her. What business refuses a customer to speak to a mgr?? Then what did they do? Charged me another $200!!! I called AMEX who promptly opened a dispute investigation. Wildflower has since refunded the original $200 but the the second is still out there & I have not been refunded that. So in a nutshell, DON'T STAY HERE! Paraphrasing Seinfeld's Soup Nazi, "no stars for you!"

2 Thank KimSIowa
bigtimetraveler55555, General Manager at Wildflower Inn at BellRock, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
First, thank you for your business. We appreciate it very much.
Second, thank you for acknowledging the Value of our rooms that are worth it.
Third, Please accept our apology that an error was made on your credit card by a new member of our staff.
This should certainly not have happened. We deeply apologize for the error and understand your feelings.
At the time you called I was offsite at a meeting. I called you back and left you 2 messages to personally apologize to you and let you that the error was corrected. Unfortunately, the calls were not returned and next thing I saw was this review.
We all make mistakes at one point or another. We ask that you forgive the new member of our staff at least once and invite you to come and visit us again. Rest assured that like all our other guests, you will not have any issues. Please come and enjoy our modern new furnishings (hotel renovated this year), the best Red Rocks views in the Village of Oak creek and the excellent service. The new staff member has received additional training.
Thanks you
GA
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We booked the Wildflower Inn because they were offering a special rate of $89.00, and other properties in Sedona were much more expensive. It was in the Oak Creek area. It was a smaller motel with great views of Bell Rock. Information said it had been newly renovated. THe rooms were nice, beds were nice and also linens and towels high quality. Breakfast was minimal but ok and basket of fruit was available. Motel staff were helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We would definitely stay here again! Across the street was the Bell Rock walking path which was an easy walk to Bell Rock. I believe the Courthouse Vista Rock formation was also in the view. Stay on the second floor if you want the best view but be prepared to walk your luggage up.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the Bell Rock view and on the second floor for the best view. No elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
bigtimetraveler55555, Guest Relations Manager at Wildflower Inn at BellRock, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Big Thanks to you for acknowledging the hard work of our staff and pointing out the views from the hotel as well.
The staff was thrilled when I informed them of your review. They need the pat on the back when they do well. That's why big thanks to you.
We invite you to come and stay with again. Hope you catch one of our specials again.
See you soon.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We only stayed here one night but it was a comfortable room and close to hiking trails. It was nice to be away from downtown Sedona but only a ten minute drive to town for dinner. The views are spectacular from the 2nd floor and the viewing deck was very nice for relaxing and looking at the beautiful views! If your looking for a brand new chain hotel this is not the place for you, but if you want a comfortable room close to hiking this is perfect. The breakfast was not great , but there's a coffee shop about a mile away with great breakfast burritos! For the price you really can't complain!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

You described everything well. Just the breakfast part, I would like to explain.

We keep our prices lower compared to other Sedona Hotels. We have all new furniture and furnishings new this year and spectacular views and convenience to Bell rock trail from the hotel.

with Real estate Being so high in Sedona and our desire to keep prices reasonable, we offer limited Breakfast.
Our Breakfast includes, Fresh New York Bagels and cream cheese, Make your own Waffle, fresh fruit and coffee/tea.

Once again you are right, for guests desiring the Hot breakfast, There is a Market Place cafe half a mile away but also there is Blue Moon cafe is just across the street. They both are great.

We invite you to come and stay with us again.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I did a lot of reading on tripadvisor before booking a room at this hotel. Given that it is the high season, room rates are typically over $200.00 We did not want to spend this much because we knew that we wouldn't be in our room for very long. This hotel was offering a spring special and they had one room left at $139. which is a king room with kitchen. The price was right and the room is what we expected, nothing more. The hotel is a small place. 24 rooms and it is motel style where you access your room from an outside corridor. Be prepared for early morning noise as people slam their doors coming and going.

There is lots of parking. Be aware that this hotel is located in Oak Creek which is 12 to 15 minutes from uptown Sedona (depending on traffic). There are only a few restaurants in this area.

I can of course only comment on the room we stayed in. Some benefits were that it is quite large and we enjoyed having a fridge (but if you are a light sleeper, this fridge makes a lot of noise) and microwave. We thought that we would cook breakfast but we ended up going to Miley's down the road (which is excellent, read my review). There is certainly enough supplies to cook with. Yes, they do serve a continental breakfast of waffles, bagels, fruit, fruit juice and coffee but we chose not to eat it..

In this room you can hear the lobby bell every time someone enters. Thankfully it is closed from 10PM to 7 AM. Also you have the noise of people having conversations out on the viewing deck which was right outside the door.

We were told the room had been remodeled which I see is true: new carpets, lovely new counter top in the bathroom but the tub is badly stained so that obviously was not replaced nor were the bathroom tiles done. So don't expect new. The king bed was very comfortable and I loved the pillows (not too flat or too fluffy).

There is a viewing area on the second floor where you can enjoy scenic Bell Rock. At first I was a bit disappointed that our room wouldn't have a view, but once I got here and saw that the rooms with a view of Bell Rock must leave their curtains open which means that everyone going to their room is going by your window (as opposed to a hotel that has private decks with a view) I no longer cared and was happy to go to the viewing deck just outside my door.

So all in all, we were happy because of the price we paid. I however would not want to spend more to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
bigtimetraveler55555, Guest Relations Manager at Wildflower Inn at BellRock, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. We certainly appreciate it.

Just a clarifications remark that we have only one room with Kitchen above the lobby.

You are absolutely correct that we are about 15 Minutes (7 Miles) from the main Sedona area and our prices are much more reasonable comparatively.

This area is called Village of Oak Creek. We are the northern most Property in the Village with nothing but the National Forest north of us/ For that reason, we have the unobstructed views of the Bell Rock, Courthouse Butte and the surroundings. We are located just a couple of blocks from the bell Rock Trail (practically at the base of the bell Rock). Most people walk to the bell rock from our hotel without having to pay the $5 red rock pass.

Once again, Thanks for staying with us and we invite you to come and stay with us again. At the time of reservation, please request an end room, so no one will have to ever walk in front of your room door.
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed 3 nights in early March. We'd already been in Sedona at another location for 3 nights, so we had a good plan for things we wanted to do and see. The Wildflower is a few miles south of Sedona in the Village of Oak Creek. The entire drive is through scenic areas with trailhead signs all over. We chose the Wildflower because it as a suite with a kitchen so we could save some money on meals. Also, they provide breakfast in their lobby each morning, which was a great way to start the day. The suite was very reasonably priced. They were very responsive as we were exploring our booking options.

The room was due for some upgrades and maintenance (a cracked window, for example) but nothing major and nothing that impacted our stay. The staff--all of them--were simply amazing, friendly, positive people. This was a great base camp to continue our Sedona exploration. And the views from right outside our room (the suite opens onto a patio that is sort of a viewing platform for everyone's use) are just outstanding!

If you're visiting Sedona, which is filled with beautiful places to stay, but don't want to shell out major money, the Wildflower is an excellent option!

Room Tip: The suite was great because you have a fridge and kitchen so you can stock up on groceries and cook...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
bigtimetraveler55555, Guest Relations Manager at Wildflower Inn at BellRock, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for the Positive review. Just wanted to mention that all the renovation work is complete except a few minor items in 3 rooms as you noted in one of the rooms. Minor defective items should be replaced by the Manufacturer with in a couple of weeks.

We invite you to please come and stay with us again.

Thanks again.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed March 27, 2014

WOW! Talk about "going the extra mile"......The kindness and consideration extended by Raylina and her wonderful staff at the Wildflower Inn made us feel like we were staying at a boutique, private residence where every wish and need was met with the word.."YES" - no questions asked...and if I didn't ask, it was offered along with thoughtful suggestions for sight-seeing and enthusiastic stories about being surrounded by the Vortex for healing and well-being. Our window upstairs faced Bell Rock and as Raylina said, I could stand there, close my eyes and...feel the vibes! YES! I now have my "favorite" room; and new and wonderful friends. It is close to everything - yet - gives you a feeling of serenity and peacefulness, especially when you take advantage of the unique extended communal patio (even has a 2-seater lovers' swing!) We are going back in April to celebrate my remission (after finishing chemo) and my recent marriage to the love of my life for the past 14 years!! You can't ask for a better rate; large, well equipped rooms, and the best people who truly care about you and the success of your stay....plus.. the "funnest" and "smile-est" time ever! God Bless you Raylina and all the crew at Wildflower Inn! Thank you everyone!

Room Tip: Upstairs have all-encompassing views of beautiful Red Rock and specifically, Bell Rock
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
bigtimetraveler55555, Guest Relations Manager at Wildflower Inn at BellRock, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
WOW. Thanks for your Extremely Positive review.
The entire staff was thrilled and jumped up with joy when I shared your comments. We are glad that you were impressed with our personnel and we know that our training is working well. And, it lifted the spirit of the entire team. A Big Thanks to you.
We look forward to seeing you and "the love of your life" in April. It will be our pleasure to accommodate such a lovely couple again. Please do recommend our hotel to your friends and family. That will be much appreciated.
Thanks again.