“Hampton stay in Sedona”

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Honolulu, United States
“Hampton stay in Sedona”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Loved the complimentary breakfast and the variety. Very comfortable bed and bedding. Liked that they had an AARP rate. Air conditioner somewhat noisy. Could not cash a travelers check unless applying it to payment.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We were both so pleased with our stay. The location of the hotel was perfect. It was within walking distance of the movies, stores, and many restaurants. The hotel staff was extremely kind and were friendly, referring to us as "the honeymooners" each time we saw them. It was nice to be recognized by them. My husband and I were so impressed that we are already planning another trip to Sedona, and will plan on staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Very nice hotel away from the downtown Sedona traffic and parking issues. Older Hampton Inn but very clean and well maintained. Room was clean...standard bedding. There are good restaurants within walking distance. Staff was excellant. Manager of hotel allowed us to check out early with no penalty due to the nearby fire.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed at the hotel four nights and were very satisfied with the service the staff and amenities. Sedona is a beautiful place and this location gives you access to everything. Great hiking trails in all directions will keep you busy for days. You're very close to a grocery store, clothing store and even some nice restaurants. Plenty of stores to walk to, a frozen yogurt place, movie theater, etc. Only about two hours from Pheonix and two - three hours from the Grand Canyon.
We were in the rooms right above the front desk, not too noisy for us. We enjoyed the pool almost every day. The breakfast was always great, although if they got another waffle maker, people wouldn't have to wait so long for their breakfast. Breakfast always included a meat, eggs and another side, fresh fruits, muffins, pastries, bagels, juices, milks, cereals...We are big fans of having coffee available at all hours of the day!
The staff was great. And when we needed to change our travel plans last minute they were very accommodating. It took a while to get an answer from the staff/manager (we were always out during the day when the manager was there) but they issued our credit without any hassle. We will definitely return to this location.
In fact the only thing I didn't enjoy about our trip were the drives up and down the mountains.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Henderson
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We recently spent two weeks in Sedona, staying at the Hampton Inn. The room assigned to us was rather dark, and spending two weeks did not seem like a good fit. We were promptly given a room with more light, a window opening to the pool. I got a 24 hr bug, and our room service took excellent care of us. In-house breakfast was a great convenience. Could not have ask or gotten better care. A big "Thank you" to the friendly, helpful staff. Have stayed here before, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Love the Hampton Inn. Breakfast and coffee were yummy as usual. Front desk staff were VERY helpful checking in and departing. Even brought a blow dryer up to my room when the in-room one wasn't working. I think this is my fourth stay here and I really enjoy the location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stay at Hilton hotels and specifically Hampton Inns all over the country for work and haven't been disappointed and my streak has continued after I stayed here. First, the hotel is located in the heart of Sedona off of 89A. This is perfect as it puts you in the middle of everything which is great. Let me add, that I prepaid for my room, but the day I headed in the Route 17 was closed due to a brush fire so I called the front desk and they adjusted my stay so that I wouldn't lose a night! A+ for that and it meant a lot to me. So when I arrived I was greeted by a warm and friendly front desk staff who quickly checked me in so that I could get to my room. I am into photography and they even offered me some great spots to get some wonderful photos as well as help I might need finding some great hiking.

The room, as usual, clean and comfortable. What more can I say? It was nice to wake up and have a nice hot breakfast waiting for me each and every day. If you are looking for a great, clean and comfortable place to stay in the heart of Sedona, this is it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo