“Hampton Inn - Sedona”

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Ithaca, NY, United States
“Hampton Inn - Sedona”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable although somewhat smaller than previous Hampton Inns we have stayed at. The bathroom was also smaller than we have come to expect. The bedding, internet service and other amenities were all excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Melissa J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for time and feedback. We appreciate your response and I am happy to hear you had a good experience while staying with us here at The Hampton Inn Sedona. I will surly share your review with the staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Melissa Jordan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Thomaston, Connecticut
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this Hampton Inn February 2014. Julie at the front desk was pleasant and helpful with all of our questions. Never heard any noise from the hallway while in the room, used the hot tub it was beautiful on a chilly night. Breakfast was good and I liked the fact that they had breakfast on the run in brown bags at the check in desk.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Melissa J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your stay here at The Hampton Inn Sedona. We really appreciate your feedback so we can continue to improve and make everyone’s stay here as expected for the best Hampton experience. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your time here and we all hope to see you again soon. I will surely share this with the staff.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Very nice hotel. Free breakfast and free WiFi. Round the clock hot beverages very nice. The room was clean and quiet. Perfectly situated right in the middle of Sedona, close to all the trails and sights. I would recommend this hotel for people staying in Sedona, AZ.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Joseph S
Melissa J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your time and feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your time and buisness and we all here hope to see you again real soon.

Elmsford, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The facility was easy to find right off the main roadway just outside of town. While not located right in the center of downtown Sedona, the location was quite convenient to restaurants and local sites. Plenty of great hikes in the local area which were all really easy to get to from the hotel.

Some highlights:

-Makenna, the young woman running the breakfast in the lobby, was extremely helpful with our dining needs at the complimentary breakfast and even had quite a few great suggestions for local hikes to try while we were staying in the area.

-Melissa, one of the daytime desk managers, was wonderful when we encountered an issue with our room. She quickly resolved the problem and followed through during the remainder of our entire stay.

Because of the excellent customer service, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have fridge/microwave combinations, which was very helpful.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank InterestedTourist
Melissa J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback and review of The Hampton Inn in Sedona Arizona. Your kind words mean alot to us and I am so pleased to hear that the service of our team members was exceptional. They will be super excited and proud when I share your review. We hope to see you here in Sedona again soon.

Thank you for your time and buisness,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn on several occasions. Its location makes it ideal for seeing and doing all the wonderful things there are to see and do in Sedona!!! Service and cleanliness were excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melissa J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Hampton Inn Sedona. I agree with you about the location. So close and convenient to everything beautiful Sedona has to offer. Thank you again for you time and business and we hope to see you again in Sedona soon.

toronto
Reviewed February 2, 2014

First of all, I have to preface this review with a brief introduction.
I had made my reservation quite a bit in advance, requesting an upgrade because I am a Gold Hhonors member.
The front desk staff at this motel proved superb, even just while making arrangements over the phone from frostbitten Toronto--I had all kinds of questions because this was going to be the first time I had ever been in the area. I was planning on renting a car in Phoenix and driving to Sedona, but I was alone and getting all kinds of differing information about exactly how mountainous the roads were going to be. The condition of the roads became even more of a concern when the weather turned unseasonably, mind-numbingly cold and a snowstorm zapped Sedona as my flight was pulling into Phoenix.
I had come to Arizona to warm my frozen bones and was astounded to discover that the nighttime temperature the night of my initial reservation was going to be twenty degrees, and that is fahrenheit and not centigrade.
So, I called the motel and asked them if I could please change my reservation for the next night--still slated to be very cold, but not quite as far below freezing.
The staff was agreeable and I arrived one night later than planned to find that the only king room available was a handicapped room.
So, it was not the room of my dreams, but under the circumstances, I was grateful to have it.
When I arrived, the staff invited me to preview the room--I unlocked the door, stepped inside and was ready to check out immediately. Every cabinet door in that room was open, every drawer pulled out.
Though I currently live in Toronto and our bug population tends to freeze to death in the winters, I was born in the Bronx and am well aware of the implications of open drawers and cabinets. Who knew what it could mean in Arizona?
I returned to the front desk, truly horrified, and was assured that the reason for everything being pulled out was because the new manager had instituted a very stringent cleaning policy, requiring all housekeepers to leave all drawers and cabinets open for her inspection before a guest was to check in.
I am happy to report that I did not see critters of any sort in my room while I was there and the motel was extremely clean everywhere.
The rooms are very large and there is a nice food preparation area with a large mini fridge, microwave and sink.
I did not give the motel a five only because the furnishings and carpeting in the rooms are not up to the very high standard Hampton has been instituting in its motels recently and which I have gotten used to. There are also no in room whirlpools in this motel--not so necessary most of the year, but the outdoor pool and whirlpool were worthless in the freezing temperatures at night while I was there. I should point out that I didn't mind the dated furniture in the dining area--the old Indian pattern rugs gave the room a definite charm.
The Hampton breakfast is the best--I have read a comment by the manager that the breakfast is going to be upgraded, but I love it exactly the way it is, especially the make-your-own waffles.
On offer are fresh fruit salad, juices, cold and hot cereal options, yogurt, bread and bagels, pastries and muffins. There is usually something in the chafing dish, but that is not something I eat, so I cannot comment.
There is hot coffee and tea, as well as hot chocolate 24/7, and a coffeemaker in every room.
There is a computer for guests to use by the front door and free wifi in the rooms.
The bedding is ultra comfortable--lots of pouffy pillows and the freshly laundered duvet.
Lots of space for toiletries on the counter top in the washroom and fluffy towels.
And the staff is absolutely amazing.
Check in and out was smooth, the front desk staff had excellent ideas for hikes and the recommendation to check out Airport Mesa at sunset (it is very close to this motel) in order to admire the red rocks as the sun goes down proved wonderful, even though it was quite chilly and everyone up there was shivering--really a must see.
The drive from Phoenix to Sedona was beautiful, by the way and nothing to have fretted about--the twisty roads with the hairpin turns come later, through Oak Creek aAnyon and on the way to Falstaff.
So, the furniture does not quite make it to a five, though I do believe the motel will be undergoing some renovation in 2014. The staff rates a ten.
How does that average out?
__________________________
This review is being submitted for the third time--it timed out twice because I did not send back a verification email ( that I did not receive, either time). I uploaded lots of pictures both times and will add pictures if this review goes through.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ShifraToronto
Melissa J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so very much for your time and feedback. I personally remember you staying with us here at The Hampton Inn Sedona. It truly was a pleasure meeting you and I am happy to here that you enjoyed your stay. I will surely share your review with the staff. Thank you for your time and business and from the entire staff here at The Hampton Inn, “We hope to see you again soon”.

Bayport, Minnesota
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The rooms were very nice with a frig and microwave. It had a great breakfast. They are in the newer part of Sedona so you have to drive a couples miles back into the tourist area for shopping. They are a little spendy. The front desk was very helpful for getting around. And you won't find a prettier drive from Flagstaff down to Sedona on 89A.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple