First -- the basics. This is a standard 2 star motel property with two floors. One side has the great view overlooking Bell Rock. The other does not have much of a view. Older property with older CRT TV, floral bedspreads and mini-fridge. Free continental breakfast with DIY waffles. For the most part, it was comfy and what we would expect from a standard motel. It was right next to the main street through town but wasn't too noisy at night. And it is a short 10 minute drive to Sedona proper.
Watch out for plumbing issues. The bathroom was very slow in draining and the toilet may back up if you're not too careful.
Our main complaint was that service was poor when it mattered. When you call the front desk to report a clogged toilet at 8 pm, what response do you expect?
1. Sorry. We'll send someone right up to fix it.
2. Sorry, our maintenance person left for the day. Would you like to switch rooms?
3. Sorry, all our rooms are booked. Very sorry. Could you use the lobby restroom for one night? We will take 10% off your room rate for your inconvenience.
4. Oh. Would you like the plunger?
Well, guess what? I got option 4 right off the bat. No maintenance person on duty (not expected for motels). No offer to switch rooms. Not even a "Sorry". Does it happen so often that the standard answer is "would you like a plunger"? I would have been happy with either options 1, 2 or 3. But response 4 was totally unexpected.
Given I had already pre-paid for the room via Hotwire, I decided to make the best of the situation. Took her offer of the plunger (a cheap version, not a heavy-duty one) and managed to fix the back-up myself so all was not lost. Noticed that that the evening staff did not wear the badge (even though the morning staff wore badges) -- maybe that issue could be fixed with some targeted retraining of the staff.
Other than the incident -- everything worked out as well as could be expected. So if it wasn't for the poor service over this, the rating would have been higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to visit us at Days Inn Kokopelli... Situated in the heart of the Red Rock Country in the Village of Oak Creek Sedona, Arizona, Days Inn Kokopelli, (winner of the Expedia Insider's Select Award), is within walking distance of award winning restaurants, pubs, galleries and more. Expect modern amenities and conveniences throughout our newly renovated guest rooms, including Simmons pillow top mattresses and poolside or red rock views of Courthouse Butte, Bell Rock or Table Mesa. Wake up each morning to a free Daybreak® breakfast, then connect to high-speed Internet access and take a swim in our seasonal outdoor heated pool before venturing out to explore Sedona. Other hotel amenities include a 24 hr business center, free newspaper and free outdoor parking. LOCAL ATTRACTIONS Adventures abound in Sedona, Arizona. Our hotel is within walking distance of the Oak Creek Outlet Mall, galleries and popular hiking trails, including Bell Rock, and Catherdral Rock. Spend the day touring numerous local wineries and art galleries or tee off at the Sedona Golf Resort. Also nearby is Slide Rock State Park, the perfect spot for a swim or take a picnic while visiting the Montezuma Castle National Monument, a well-preserved, 1,000-year-old high-rise apartment in limestone cliff, is sure to impress kids and adults alike. DINING OPTIONS Indulge in authentic Italian fare at Cucina Rustica, less than a half mile from our Sedona hotel, or grab a slice at Famous Pizza. And within walking distance, The Pub serves up local beer and meals, while Blue Moon Cafe offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And treat yourself to superb mexican dining across the street at Marias Cantina. Or take a stroll into west Sedona for live entertainment, great drinks, service, and oustanding food at Sound Bites Grill. Tara Thai Cuisine and Market Place Cafe are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona Hotel Sedona
- Kokopelli Hotel Sedona
- Sedona Kokopelli Hotel
- Kokopelli Inn Sedona