“Great value”

Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Sedona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a Days Inn. If you think "remodeled" means modern, it doesn't. It is a budget motel with budget bedding and decor. Our experience was exactly what we were looking for; a quick, inexpensive get away to hike without having to camp in the cold. Two school aged kids, two adults, two beds, easy access to the trails. We did ask for and we got the north view, second floor, which was great. The room was "clean enough" and we all slept great. I like the mini fridge, to pack our hiking lunches and snacks and drinks for the evening. The breakfast is easy and adequate for a group of people about to go hiking. I agree with other reviewers that the lady who runs the breakfast room does a great job and clearly takes a lot of pride in maintaining her space; clean and organized. She does kind of "hover" though...I freely admit that this may be my own personal issue, I am not a morning person and I sort of don't want to be monitered at the waffle maker or chit chat about my coffee. Check in/check out was easy and I feel I got exactly what I paid for and expected. I would stay here again as as sort of alternative to camping with the kids, proximity to hiking is superb. If I were coming for a romantic weekend in Sedona with out the kids, I would stay elsewhere. As a side note, the Mexican restaurant across the street, Maria's, has amazing food, I mean really, really excellent. We had dinner there as a result of reviews from tripadvisor and we will definitely eat there again, we come to Sedona a lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room on the north side so you can take in the spectacular view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jen R
Traves S, General Manager at Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Jen R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our property. I apologize for Days Inn Standards and style of case goods, unfortunatley being a franchise we have to follow brand standards. I am glad everything else was liked, and we do hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Sedona.

Orange County
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was on a family roadtrip, traveling on a budget. I chose this location based on previous reviews and cost. Upon arrival, my check-in was a problem. I had booked the room on Priceline and they provided me with a king bed. I was traveling with kids and needed 2 beds. I explained this to the gal working the counter. She reluctantly gave me a room with 2 beds, but warned me that they normally don't make exceptions and that I should be lucky this happened on a weeknight when the facility wasn't booked solid.
The room was very big and decently clean. It seemed a little outdated and could use a bit of TLC. Overall, I had a comfortable sleep and pleasant stay. They offer breakfast and the lady that works the breakfast room is incredible. I can't remember her name, but she is very sweet and friendly. She keeps the eating area very clean.

Room Tip: Call in advance if you book through travel site.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristena H
Dear Kristena H:

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my first time in Sedona/Oak Creek area, what a wonderful place to relax and indulge yourself in nature's beautiful work. We were here for a weekend and it was sort of a last minute trip, most of the hotels in the area are either fully booked or you have to pay full rack rate. So we decided to stay at Oak Creek instead, which is a short 7 - 8 minutes drive from downtown Sedona.

When we got into the hotel at 6pm, we saw there was a giant banner that says "Newly Renovated Room", but unfortunately we were given an old room on 2nd floor with south facing view, so no Bell Rock view nor new renovated room for us. Remember to request North facing room if you want a view from your room.

Days Inn provided breakfast for the next morning, which comprised waffle, toasts, bagels and fruits. The lady who works at the breakfast room is so friendly and helpful, she is such a doll! I can't say the same for the guy who checked me in the night before though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jason C
Traves S, General Manager at Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Jason C:

Thank you for leaving your comments for us to reveiew. I apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We did remodel all but 11 rooms with new furniture, and have recently renovated all rooms with new carpet, mattresses, pillows, bed spreads, and bed frames. And in 2013, new art work, and drapes.

Please know we would love to have another chance to make your stay enjoyable with us, and if given the opportunity we would be sure to lock a reservation in for you with one of our remodel rooms as well as a view of the red rocks. While all rooms are surrounded by views, we know many prefer the red rock country over Table Mesa mountain or our pool views.

Also, if given the opportunity I would like to speak with you and hear more on your experience at check in.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 928-284-1100.

Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel and received a pretty cheap rate but I guess because I paid a low rate the stay would also be fairly cheap/low. The beds and pillows were incredibly uncomfortable resulting of both my husband and I waking up in pain. The room itself was ok however there was dust EVERYWHERE. I saw as we made the reservation and when we pulled in that there were recently renovated rooms, if ours was a recently renovated room I'm incredibly disappointed. I did take advantage of the coffee pot in the room to make hot water for tea. When the water filtered through the machine, it dispensed in the cup very disgusting brown water. Might I suggest to housekeeping as part of cleaning the room they also run the coffee makers to clean out used coffee that was in there before from other stays. I ran a few cycles of water myself which I didn't mind, but I don't think people would appreciate if they go to make tea for it to taste like coffee because the coffee makers aren't clean. The walls and ceilings are incredibly thin, I highly suggest that if you stay to ask for a room upstairs because if your downstairs you'll hear everything. Overall it was a very average stay, we had a roof over our heads and a place to sleep so that's what mattered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs, because if you're downstairs you'll hear the people above you and e...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saswilk
Dear Saswilk:

Thank you for time you have taken to leave feedbakc of your experience during your stay with us. I apologize for the discomfort our beds and pillows brought you. I can assure you both are less than 5 months old. I also want to apologize for the dust in the room and can assure you this has been addressed with our houskeeping staff, and I have taken your suggestions of the hot water and have implemented it into our cleaning regimin. Please know our goal is always to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, and if given the opportunity we would like to make it up to you and hope we could get another opportunity to serve you, and also lock your reservation in with one of our remodeled rooms.

Please call me directly so I can make an effort to make this up to you. You may contact me directly at 928-284-1100.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

LAKE ELSINORE
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend because my cousin got married in Sedona. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating - they let us check in a couple hours early without any problems. The room was very clean and comfortable. I have absolutely no complaints about the hotel or my stay and would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

5 Thank KORI S
Dear Kori S.:

Thank you for the kind feedback. We are pleased you enjoy your stay with us and that we could accomodate your early check in.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Sedona.