“Outstanding Property”

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Phoenix, AZ
“Outstanding Property”
Reviewed March 25, 2007

My family and I stayed there on March 20, 2007. The room was very nicely decorated and we had two queen beds with the select comfort bedding. A view of the pool and a hill side above that. Check in was smooth and we were given very simple directions to our room.

The room was decorated in a dark wood theme where the bathroom and closet area is located. The only thing I did not like about this hotel is the size of the toliets. They were extremely small, only a small person could be seated without discomfort. With most Radisson's my wife always complained about the toliet paper was to rough like sand paper, but not this time. It was nice and soft as was the kleenex.

All in all it was a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank PHXAGT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Phoenix
Reviewed February 15, 2007

Radisson Poco Diablo is the absolute best place to stay in Sedona when you are wanting a nice, quiet and secluded place to relax and unwind. You see, Radisson, is located about 5 minutes off the busy main drag of Sedona. In a Radisson room you get a remodeled room, sleep number bed, plenty of space and if you reserve the elite spa room you will get a jazcuzzi in the guest room area also.

Radisson Poco Diablo is the best place to stay in Sedona, Arizona. The only issue that I have with this hotel is that they call themselves a RESORT and they are far from it.

They charge you a $5 resort fee. They charge resort prices at their restaurant and bar yet they are not a resort. If you choose to get a massage, BEWARE, its in a tiny room at the tennis club.

However, for my wife and I, it was no problem. We bought our own breakfast ( Cereal ) and milk and some other beverages and just kept it in the refridegerator in the room. For dinner on the first night, we traveled to a mexican restaurant in Cottonwood, Arizona ( 20 miles ) from Sedona called Casa Bianca. Huge portions, decent food at decent price.

For lunch the next day, we stayed in Sedona had a very delicious barbeque meal from Sandy's Mesquite Barbeque. A little overpriced but the food is very delicious and you leaves your mouth still savoring that barbeque taste.

In closing, Radisson Poco Diablo offers a great room at a decent price especially if you are a AAA member. If you like privacy and being secluded so that you can relax and unwind Radisson is for you. If you want to drink alcoholic beverages buy your own at the local grocery stores because it will be tons cheaper. Besides, the bar / lounge at the hotel is not very inviting. If they would have had the pool table like two years ago when we were there we would have patronize the lounge and enjoyed some beverages.

If you are seeking breakfast, lunch and dinner. Do yourself a favor and eat at the restaurants in Sedona and or Cottonwood. You will save yourself lots of $$$ and still enjoy your stay.

Finally, stay at Radisson for what it truly offers. A quiet, relaxing and unwinding environment at a great price. If you go there expecting more, you will be disappointed.

• Liked — The Sleep Number Bed / Remodeled Room / Terry Cloth Robes / Ducks
  • Disliked — The Staff ... They didn't know much about the property and amenities and they work there !
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank VegasLover28
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed February 10, 2007

Hotel location is just outside of main street in Sedona. It was quiet, had great amenties, excellent customer service and lots of extras like internet access via their computer station, USA Today delivery to room, free bottled water in room upon arrival, and small golf course onsite.

Location was great as it was within a 5 min. drive to town yet away from all the traffic.

1 Thank nationalparktraveler
Peoria, AZ
Reviewed January 28, 2007

My husband and I spent the weekend at Poco Diablo and it has horrible. This was our second time in Sedona, the first time we stayed at the Hilton in Oak Creek and that was great. The Poco Diablo is far from a resort, it is a best an Inn. We stayed in the elite room as recommend by another posting and it was a disaster. The "fireplace" is an old cast iron stove that did not work properly. The fireplace has been retrofitted for gas and there is a sign above it that says fireplace takes 4 minutes to light, so we waited 4 minutes and nothing happened except for the igniter continuously clicking. We called for maintenance and they left us with a lighter and said that we had to light the pilot manually anytime we wanted to have a fire. The maintenance man said that all of the fireplaces were this way and the resort knows about it.

The second disaster of the room was the Jacuzzi. The over flow water drain was so low that it let out to much water when we sat in the Jacuzzi, so when we got out of the Jacuzzi spray water all over the room and wet our luggage and the bed. When we opened one of the cabinets in the room to put our luggage in the door fell off. To top off the night at midnight when my husband and I finally fell asleep, the vacant room next door's alarm went off and we called the front desk, it took 20 minutes to get someone to turn it off. The alarm just let me know how thin the walls were because it sounded like it was in our room.

This experience cost us $190 with tax and "resort" fees. I will never stay at this hotel again and I recommend anyone else avoid it. There are plenty of nice hotels in uptown.

1 Thank Moandohill
Buckey AZ
Reviewed January 20, 2007

I'm not sure what everyone some of you are talking about when you say you had a miserable time at the Radisson. Me and my girlfriend just got back from a 3 day trip 1/17 to 1/20 and we loved every second of it. We stayed in the cheapest room they had at the hotel and it was still really nice.

While we were there, it snowed a few inches and it was beautiful. We had fresh clean towels and a paper everyday. The staff was very nice at check in and out. They had server problems and we unable to make sure everything cleared for the room but they cut me a reciept at 30dollars cheaper than what they originally told me it was going to cost and made my check out fast and enjoyable. The interior of the room was nice. Everything was clean and in good shape. Had no cracks or loose doors or any of that. Just a nice enjoyable clean room with a big comfy bed.

I ran into the staff a few times, the check in people and the maids twice. I got nothing but smiles from these people. We took a nice walk around the property, went for some long drives around Sedona and loved it. Granted the room cost about 100dollars a night but your not going to find a nice cheap room anywhere in Sedona. I would definatly recomend this hotel. It looks pretty ratty from the outside but the inside is nice.

Now we always went out to a local cafe or resturant for food, so I have no idea how the Radissons food or room service is. I wish the rest of you could have also had a good time but it makes me wonder if some of you really did have that miserable of a time or if your expected so much simply because the hotel had the name 'resort'. Paying 300dollars a night I can understand but come on your in Sedona, 100-150dollars a night is pretty average.

• Liked — Friendly Service, Clean well maintained rooms, and Great view from parts of the property.
  • Disliked — Outside of the hotel looks pretty worn down.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tawcoking
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2007

What is everyone complaining about? My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 2 week break in the South-west and of the 5 hotels we visited, this was by far the best. Granted, we stayed in on of the Poco Casitas rooms rather than in the standard room. We decided to upgrade in this hotel as the rooms included jetted tubs and fireplaces. So glad we did. The room provided a much needed relaxing atmosphere, after a long day hiking through Sedona's state parks, which are stunning.

The rooms have all been recently refurbished and included not only a gas fireplace but an incredibly large dual adjustable bed. Complementary bottled water is provided on arrival and the room includes a separate area for the fridge, sink and coffee making facilities. By the fire there are both comfortable chairs and sofas, and a large patio door opens out onto the picturesque golf course. Be warned, if you do spend some time in this hotel, bring a bag of bread crumbs as the hotel's duck family will make a daily visit to your patio door.

All in all we had an excellent stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. A library, free WiFi and PC access were available - to be honest, I found it hard to get my boyfriend to leave the building! The is a beautifully located hotel, the only possible down side is that the hotel isn't within walking distance to Sedona's uptown, which is where you will want to go. Other than that, there is no reason why you shouldn't enjoy your stay here.

3 Thank kpnutsni
Victoria, BC
Reviewed January 8, 2007

Our expectations for a resort property were quite high, but what we found upon our arrival at the Poco Diablo resort was more of a two-star motel. Sure, the room was nicely appointed, but no more so than your newer Holiday Inn or Best Western. The "resort" grounds were well maintained for the most part, but many areas were looking a little run down.
Given that the resort was only 20% full the night of our arrival, we were given a room in the most distant building, without a view, and overlooking a broken hot-tub. I would have hoped that even at a Priceline rate, the management might have tried to encourage a return visit by offering a more prime location.
The sleep number beds are, in my opinion, junk! Whoever at Radisson was suckered into purchasing this product should be made to sleep on one. Any hotel company considering the purchase of such a gimmicky device should invest in good quality standard mattresses instead.
On the positive side, the staff were generally friendly and efficient, and the free wireless internet was a bonus.

• Liked — free internet
  • Disliked — the beds! awful!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple