“What a wonderful, relaxing place to stay.”
Review of Poco Diablo Resort

Poco Diablo Resort
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Adelaide, Australia
“What a wonderful, relaxing place to stay.”
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We spent 2 nights initially in a standard room and then liked the hotel so much we upgraded to a Poco room for the another two nights. The hotel rooms are extremely large and the facilities,pool, golf course, gounds etc are really well looked after, however the best part is the staff. I have never come across a more genuinely friendly, aim to please group of staff who gave me a really good deal for the upgrade. It is a credit to you all. We, as a rule don't stay in hotels preferring the more friendly and personal atmosphere of b&b's but wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to all comers if you are looking for a good value hotel in a beautiful and relaxng setting. Loved it.

2 Thank marilynov4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband planned this weekend trip to Sedona, AZ to celebrate my 50th birthday. The resort is situated in a beautiful spot with views of some of Sedona's amazing red rocks. We arrived on Friday morning and stopped at the resort. They pre-registered us since our room would not be ready until the afternoon. I had a massage booked at the resort later that day, also. I wanted to be sure I could shower prior to the massage since we were going to spend the early afternoon hiking.

At check-in, they made sure we were able to get into our room prior to my massage. The room was amazing. Since it was my birthday, they had a complimentary bottle of red wine in the room. We were in their "poco" units, but there was nothing "poco" about our room. The king size sleep number bed (wonderful!!) faced the large picture window. We were on the second floor (which I recommend) with a balcony overlooking their golf course and ponds. The view included weeping willows and ponds with fountains. Beyond were the mountains. We could sit on the balcony and relax and take it all in.

The room included a gas fireplace, flat screen television, large sitting area, jacuzzi tub and mini kitchen. You wouldn't think we would need a fireplace in late May in Arizona, but we did end up using it on Saturday as we watched a spectacular thunderstorm outside from the comfort of our room. After viewing this natural show, we watched the sun come out, sparkling on the mountains beyond.

The Swedish massage was wonderful. They advertise this amenity as massage therapy and the website suggests they have a spa. They don't...the massage room is in their small tennis club facility. The ambiance was not at all what one would expect, but the massage was one of the best I have had. The massage therapist discounted my treatment after finding out it was my birthday, too. I would book another massage if I went there again, but just want to warn that the ambiance is not at all present.

The service at the resort was excellent. We only ate breakfast there, so I cannot comment on the food. The breakfast buffet did not look inviting and we ended up with something off the menu.

The purpose of our trip was to hike and have a romantic time together when not hiking. This resort made our weekend so very special. We felt we had privacy in a very romantic setting. I would recommend the units we stayed in...the "poco" units, #613. We were on the second floor which I recommend for increased privacy.

There is a little golf course on the property. This is not for people who are avid golfers. It is not an 18 hole course. It is a lovely little course for those who want to putt the ball. People who think they will have a golf weekend will be disappointed.

There were a number of families there with small children, but they were most likely staying in the hotel section of the resort.

If you want a romantic weekend away from it all in a beautiful setting, try this resort!!! Sedona is a lovely place, too!

The Woodlands, TX
Reviewed May 23, 2009

The room was very clean and the view of the golf course was beautiful. It was a short drive from the hotel to many resturants and shops.

1 Thank april015
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Spent one night at the resort and from the moment I entered the lobby to check in, I felt like their #1 customer! The stay was wonderful with comfortable rooms which seem very up to date (even if the outside buildings weren't so up to date). Ate at the bar, and the service there was superb. The bartender treated me and my partner like close friends. The automatic checkout was not available which at first was an annoyance, but it ended up sealing my stay as an exceptional experience. The gal that checked me out completed my experience which I will have to admit has been my best experience in a hotel I have ever had. This review does sound a bit cheesy, but in all honestly is 100% sincere. Customer service is obviously alive and well at the Radisson Poco Diablo Resort in Sedona, AZ!

1 Thank Pubar
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Views from the patio were outstanding. The room was very clean and had all amenities. The bar was very pleasurable with outstanding service. (received an Arizona history lesson from "Jan" the bartender....very entertaining). The restaurant service was excellent as well as the food. Only negative were bird nests built in the corner of the hallways leading to the stairs....obviously an ongoing problem in this area. Even though road construction was ongoing, very quiet and peaceful. Loved this hotel.

Niecy51
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Dear Staff for Poco Diablo,

My Husband and I stayed @ Your hotel (May 7-to 8th),.. We arrived on Thurs and were greeted by 2 of the nicest young ladies @ the reservation desk. When they heard it was a 2nd (never had a 1st) honeymoon they were sweet enough to have a bottle of Champagne sent to our room..We got to our room and found we had 2 Queen beds instead of a single king bed, I called the front desk and asked if it was possible to change our room to a King size bed..The lovely young lady was so accommodating and gave us a Lovely room with a King bed and Spa tub. My Husband and decided to go to the Lounge (10th hole) were greeted there by a wonderful lady Bartender who not only made us feel very welcome but upon finding out we were on a second honeymoon, she was giving us wonderful Ideas for Romantic areas to go in Sedona, I think that is way above her job description, but she still took time to do all she could to be more then helpful, I could not be more Thankful. She also offered to show us their menu then proceeded to make our Reservation for the Restaurant since they were not open yet. When we Arrived later in the evening to T-Carls, we were again cared for by a wonderful waiter (Mark),Dinner was EXCELLENT, Service from EVERYONE we came in contact with that works for the hotel was of Exceptional character and obviously has been trained very well, and was obviously chosen by Radisson for their Flawless Character and personalities.. We feel Radisson is Lucky to have such a wonderful group of people working as your staff.
It may not be the fanciest Hotel you will find in Sedona, but I dare you to find one that will treating you as well

THANK YOU ALL!! for making us feel very special

Sincerely

Denise H

1 Thank Niecy51
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I was in AZ for business, but took a couple of days to myself in Sedona. I agree, I may not call it a "resort", but it was very comfortable and quiet. The buildings are a bit spread out, and if spending time at the pool or restaurant are important to you, that may be inconvenient.

The hotel is in the heart of a construction zone, but that should be done pretty soon. It made finding the entrance a little tricky coming in the first night. I was there on a weekend, so there wasn't any actual work being done.

I had a king Sleep Number bed, and slept wonderfully both nights I was there. As a gold points member, I had a thoughtful little gift pack waiting for me. My room had a balcony and a fire place -- bath was spacious and well stocked...water pressure wasn't great, but that would be my only complaint. Lexie was very thoughtful - as was Jan. They answered all my questions, and were very helpful on things to see and do in Sedona with only a couple of days to get them in.

Sedona has many wonderful restaurants - and many fun things to do. I did enjoy the Red Rock Jeep tour...we had a blast!!! (Of course, it's as fun as you make it!).

Heads up -- the city information centers on both ends of town can make great recommendations and the staff is very helpful...but know they are tied to time share "opportunities".

I would love to come back to Sedona, and I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo