My husband planned this weekend trip to Sedona, AZ to celebrate my 50th birthday. The resort is situated in a beautiful spot with views of some of Sedona's amazing red rocks. We arrived on Friday morning and stopped at the resort. They pre-registered us since our room would not be ready until the afternoon. I had a massage booked at the resort later that day, also. I wanted to be sure I could shower prior to the massage since we were going to spend the early afternoon hiking.
At check-in, they made sure we were able to get into our room prior to my massage. The room was amazing. Since it was my birthday, they had a complimentary bottle of red wine in the room. We were in their "poco" units, but there was nothing "poco" about our room. The king size sleep number bed (wonderful!!) faced the large picture window. We were on the second floor (which I recommend) with a balcony overlooking their golf course and ponds. The view included weeping willows and ponds with fountains. Beyond were the mountains. We could sit on the balcony and relax and take it all in.
The room included a gas fireplace, flat screen television, large sitting area, jacuzzi tub and mini kitchen. You wouldn't think we would need a fireplace in late May in Arizona, but we did end up using it on Saturday as we watched a spectacular thunderstorm outside from the comfort of our room. After viewing this natural show, we watched the sun come out, sparkling on the mountains beyond.
The Swedish massage was wonderful. They advertise this amenity as massage therapy and the website suggests they have a spa. They don't...the massage room is in their small tennis club facility. The ambiance was not at all what one would expect, but the massage was one of the best I have had. The massage therapist discounted my treatment after finding out it was my birthday, too. I would book another massage if I went there again, but just want to warn that the ambiance is not at all present.
The service at the resort was excellent. We only ate breakfast there, so I cannot comment on the food. The breakfast buffet did not look inviting and we ended up with something off the menu.
The purpose of our trip was to hike and have a romantic time together when not hiking. This resort made our weekend so very special. We felt we had privacy in a very romantic setting. I would recommend the units we stayed in...the "poco" units, #613. We were on the second floor which I recommend for increased privacy.
There is a little golf course on the property. This is not for people who are avid golfers. It is not an 18 hole course. It is a lovely little course for those who want to putt the ball. People who think they will have a golf weekend will be disappointed.
There were a number of families there with small children, but they were most likely staying in the hotel section of the resort.
If you want a romantic weekend away from it all in a beautiful setting, try this resort!!! Sedona is a lovely place, too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located among Sedona's lush landscaping and Red Rock views, Poco Diablo Resort offers affordable hotel accommodations and onsite resort amenities including an outdoor heated swimming pool(pool hrs 6AM-10PM), 4 professional USTA approved lighted tennis courts, a 9-hole family friendly golf course and fully equipped fitness center. The SPA at Poco Diablo brings a whole new meaning to relaxation, rejuvenation and wellness using sustainable products that originate from the land and the people of Arizona. Guests will also enjoy guest rooms featuring premium BeautyRest Beds, Free Wi-Fi, T. Carl's onsite restaurant and our 10th Hole Lounge with stunning views of our golf course, Massage Services available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Poco Diablo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poco Diablo Hotel Sedona
- Radisson Poco Diablo Hotel
- Radisson Poco Diablo Resort
- Radisson Sedona
- Sedona Radisson