“OK place but not great!”
Review of Poco Diablo Resort

Poco Diablo Resort
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Ventura, California
“OK place but not great!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, I was attending a seminar that was held here and thought it would be a Luxury place but instead It was just OK. Our room did not get cleaned one day, we came back at 5PM and it was just as we left it, no clean towels, no made beds. We called and got somebody to come and clean but that should not need to happen at a hotel that touts itself as a resort! Our water bottles were not replaced daily (2 bottles a day) and our bed sheets were not changed except when they came and cleaned it late and we were in the room watching them clean. I hate to have to ask for things that are supposed to come with the price we paid.

The sleep number beds were interesting, but not very comfortable and one of them was disconnected and we had to have a service man come and plug it in because there was a mess of too many things that needed to be plugged in and not enough outlets!

The food was so-so, and the room service was strange. We got food but no utensils, and had to wait for them while the food got very cold! Not my favorite thing. Lots of spacy people working at this place.

Several times a day somebody rode around the lawn area, which I think was supposed to be a putting green, blowing a LOUD horn to scare the birds. This scared me, the birds flew away but came right back, while I will never come back here again!

Finally, and most grossly, the pool was shut down for a day because a child pooped in it. They did not change the water, which is what they should have done and instead I imagine it was treated with chemicals, yuck! This is not a be-back for me.

Room Tip: Don't consider this an upscale spa like place, it is not!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amelia H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Irbid
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

There was real half and half provided for the coffee. The room was spacious, the towels were thick and the beds were comfortable. The hotel restaurant was only average, but the service was pleasant and attentive.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Rebecca B
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is an older, well-kept property. The staff is most helpful and attentive to the guests' needs. There is a nice restaurant. It is a great place for smaller conferences of about 100 guests. We have stayed here before and enjoyed their pool and par 3 golf when it's warmer. Glad to see that they are keeping up this lovely property. Truly a hidden gem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sue L
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Used Priceline.com for our initial Sedona experience, and enjoyed every minute. From the warm, friendly check-in to the delicious breakfast in the morning, this was truly a delightful experience. We have already recommended both this hotel and T-Carl's restaurant to friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hoosierdaddy12500
Peru, Indiana
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We Hot Wired this . What a great surprise. William was at the front Desk when I checked in , he said I see you made your reservation with Hot Wire and asked me if I wanted a room with a jacuzzi , I asked how much more it was and he said the same. I don't know if they just weren't real busy that night or if I just looked bad ! I jumped at it. The room was fantastic. Spacious, huge bed, great jacuzzi -- couldn't ask for more. Ate at the restaurant T -Carl's . Had the New York Strip- excellent. The front desk was great, the waitress was great, the food was great and the stay was great. Great place to stay !

Room Tip: we took what they gave us, no complaints.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mike r
Nevada City, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I walked into my room I felt like I was walking into another era. This resort was built in 1972. The decor has the old flavor of that decade but with a modern feel...hard to describe. The sleep number beds were very comfortable and the plush bedding made for a warm deep sleep. I loved looking out over the golf course and watching amazing sunsets from the small deck. The staff were always helpful and the restaurant was willing to cater to my special dietary needs. Had some very tasty meals there. I enjoyed my stay so much I extended my dates.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Majia
Kirkland, WA
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the Poco Diablo Resort a few years back when we visited Arizona the first time. Although the location requires a drive to hiking spots (not far though!), we were very happy with our room. We paid the extra $$ to get a room with a view and a larger room. Well worth it! I enjoyed waking up early in the morning and sitting on our private deck with a pretty view. The room was quite large and comfortable. We bought a 'breakfast' package with our room and that was nice. I do feel it's a little pricey.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get one of their larger rooms with a view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple