“Lovely surroundings”
Review of Poco Diablo Resort

Poco Diablo Resort
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family visited for two nights in June, 2012. There had been a mistake made with the room reservation and we had been assigned a king bed and had three family members. The desk service staff kindly offered a double although it was an upgrade. The lobby was small but with no real issues. The first room we were offered was located at the lower end of the property and seemed to be rather dark and in need of refurbishing. The upgraded room was sufficient but not grand. I slept on a sleep number bed with my 9 year old grandchild. I prefer very firm and the grandchild wanted very soft. I would find myself rolling into the softer area. This did not seem to work well with two sleeping in the same bed.

The grounds and golf course were very well maintained. The restaurant food was very good. The room locations in some areas would not accommodate someone who had difficulty climbing stairs.
The pool was small but was not too crowded during our visit.
The hotel was nice enough to mail photos left for us by another guest. I thought that was a special act of service.
Visiting Sedona is such a treat and this hotel provided adequate lodging.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper end seem to be in better shape.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We live in Phoenix so happy to see Sedona again. Hotel pictures are not accurate.
This hotel lobby entrance looks like the delivery entrance of a hotel. Air conditioner did not cool room at night, cob webs located around the ice machine near the pool. Pool is small especially with 20 people inthe pool. Outside non quest were using the pool.
Dirty blacket laying on grassnear the pool. Wine glass sat outside a room next to our unit for 2 days . Hotel is old and no one in dining room at 5pm at night or bar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank susielee31234
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The highlight point during our stay at Poco Diablo was the great service we received from its staff. They received us with a smile. Every employee we had contact with was so pleasing especially the ones at the Concierge and Front desk. The view from the terrace in the restaurant is very relaxing and the food is very good. The rooms were spacious and you receive the newspaper at your door every morning. The only complaint I have is that we couldnt stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank albayzin
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I got there last, bit we called ahead, and the staff accommodated our guests at our request, pending our arrival. No nickel and diming. Older but nicely refurbished venue. Overall, a nice complement to the serene and lovely area.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Fuzwad
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We visited Sedona with 3 other couples. After a lot of research, we chose to stay at Poco Diablo Resort--and we were not disappointed at all. Beautiful resort, great views, amazing and helpful staff. The rooms were very large and clean. The made sure all our rooms were together overlooking the golf course. The restaurant was very good. We are looking forward to our next trip back, and will definitely stay at Poco Diablo again! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Karen G
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is my second stay at the Poco Diablo resort, this time for 7 nights on a business trip. Excellent! The staff is remarkable... friendly and helpful and smiling. Our room overlooked the 3-par gold course with a great view of the red rocks. Our room was always quiet even though the hotel was full. The rooms are well-appointed and very clean, the air conditioner was quiet and efficient, the restaurant was very pleasant, especially when eating on the patio. My wife and I went out walking every evening... there are plenty of trails and quiet streets for this, all against a gorgeous backdrop. Room service was very prompt and all of the prices were reasonable for Sedona. I love this place. My only complaint is that the shower temperature drifts a lot. One moment it's warm, then scalding hot, then cold. I did a lot of shower dances during my stay. But otherwise I give Poco Diablo the highest marks.

Room Tip: IIf you want a quiet stay, go for one of the buildings away from the pool and lobby area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gahoppe
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Sedona is an expensive place. If you want a room with a view, you'll really be paying for it. If you're looking for a quality room at a reasonable price, this is my recommendation in Sedona. Rooms can be secured with Hotwire very reasonably compared to the competing properties while still providing enough amenities for a great stay.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple