“Highly Recommended!”

Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Denver
“Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is my second stay at the Poco Diablo resort, this time for 7 nights on a business trip. Excellent! The staff is remarkable... friendly and helpful and smiling. Our room overlooked the 3-par gold course with a great view of the red rocks. Our room was always quiet even though the hotel was full. The rooms are well-appointed and very clean, the air conditioner was quiet and efficient, the restaurant was very pleasant, especially when eating on the patio. My wife and I went out walking every evening... there are plenty of trails and quiet streets for this, all against a gorgeous backdrop. Room service was very prompt and all of the prices were reasonable for Sedona. I love this place. My only complaint is that the shower temperature drifts a lot. One moment it's warm, then scalding hot, then cold. I did a lot of shower dances during my stay. But otherwise I give Poco Diablo the highest marks.

Room Tip: IIf you want a quiet stay, go for one of the buildings away from the pool and lobby area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gahoppe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Sedona is an expensive place. If you want a room with a view, you'll really be paying for it. If you're looking for a quality room at a reasonable price, this is my recommendation in Sedona. Rooms can be secured with Hotwire very reasonably compared to the competing properties while still providing enough amenities for a great stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Drewdini123
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2012

beautiful backdrops. affordable for the area. rooms slightly outdated, but clean. personable and helpful staff. good choice overall.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MIKEY012
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Booked one night for my girlfriend's birthday. I chose the room with the indoor jacuzzi (which is awesome by the way) and on top of it I ordered a bottle of champagne and chocolate strawberries (was a pleasant surprise for her).

The golf course view was really good. There is a restaurant in the resort with a nice outdoorsy atmosphere but you can also choose to stay inside. The waitress was very friendly. We really enjoyed our stay there. It was also closer to the shopping areas and downtown. In some previous year we stayed at Diamond resort (which was really good by the way except for the timeshare pushing staff but I like PD better), and it was a little bit further away. Oh and the sleep number bed was fun and comfy. The fire place would've been romantic but it didn't work.

Now what I didn't like. Most of the staff we met were extremely friendly including the guy who checked us in, but when I asked him one innocent question he got a little bit defensive and wouldn't give us a straight answer. Later thinking about it, we thought that he may have thought that we wanted to change the room and I understand how much of a hassle that could be for them but he could have handled it a little better especially that we had no intention to change the room. It was just a curious question in case we decide to come back again.

Our room also had a fireplace which didn't work and the jacuzzi water wasn't very clean. Unfortunately we discovered that after the water has drained and we realized the black spots at the bottom. Yes we were bathing in this relatively dirty water.

These are probably isolated incidents and I don't think they happen to everyone. I just wish that before handing the room to us they would have checked those things.

When I mentioned that to the guy at the checkout desk he took off the champagne bottle extra from our bill, no questions asked. We felt that this was adequate compensation and were happy. It's more the attitude than the money. The fact is we weren't looking to take money off (yeah we're that nice), mentioned it casually since we thought it was an accident, but he redid the bill just to take this item off.

I would definitely come back again, and I don't think those problem will happen again. It was just bad luck (or so I think .. haha).

Room Tip: Choose the one with the indoor Jacuzzi, Golf course view, and fireplace. Order the champagne with st...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mo H
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here and our first night's room was not suitable-horrid sleep number bed(which are all being replaced) a room that felt like a cave with no view. We went to desk in the AM and asked if we could be moved and staff could not have been more accommodating. We wee moved to a beautiful room and completely enjoyed the experience. Grounds are beautiful-rooms being refurbished-staff very friendly and helpful at all levels. Rooms impeccable and spacious (even the first room we didn't like). convenient to Sedona- no need to be in walking distance in my opinion -I highly recommend it-and only gave it 3stars due to the unpleasant room on first night.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and myself stayed at the Poco Diablo for three days. The nicest part of the stay was the staff. All that I came in contact with were courteous and professional. The restaurant did a wonderful job cooking for 350 people, the largest crowd they had had at one time. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. My husband and I enjoyed the fitness center each morning. I would stay at the Poco Diablo again. One word of advice do not stay in the time share suites as I heard these suites do not have the same amenities as other rooms, such as room service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent two nights here in a double queen, pet-friendly room. The staff were wonderful and welcomed us and our two dogs with a doggy gift bag (including collapsible water bowl and treat container) at check-in. There are plenty of grassy dog walking areas around the resort, and bags are provided at the "official" dog walking area. The resort does lots of little things to make your stay more pleasant, like providing free bottled water in the rooms each day - a real benefit in hot and dry Arizona!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends