Los Abrigados Resort and Spa
$199
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
  • Breakfast included
$239
GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$130
$255
Kimpton
$250
BestWestern.com
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$139
Enchantment Resort(Sedona)
$405
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
1,148 results
All reviewstoaster ovenminiature golfkids poolpickle barbedroom suitegrounds are beautifultennis courtstimeshare presentationsmall kitchenoak creek breweryliving areamain poolsales pitchfitness centermain buildingshopping and restaurantshot tub
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Just returned from a week @ Los Abrigados. We had a one bedroom suite, for my husband and I and two almost teenage boys. I do have to say the beds especially the boys pullout were very I mean very uncomfortable! The front desk and housekeeping were sympathetic , but could only acccomadate by bringing an egg crate for the pull out. The rooms were a little small and dingy, but having got out all the negatives.... overall the place was nice. Great location, two nice restaurants, Mario our breakfast waiter was the sweetest! Easy travel to town, L'Auberge and Cafe Elote were our favorite places to eat. Okay pool, nice spa, cute little shopping area @ the entrance to hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank megyard
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I am staying at Los Abrigados on a $99 time share presentation package. I received 2 night's lodging and $100 Los Abrigados credit. It is definitely worth the money. Right now my wife is using the credit at their spa for a 1 hour massage. I just finished swimming laps in their pool. Last night (Friday) we enjoyed their weekly lobster dinner ($36 for two). The location is good, contiguous with Telaquepaque arts and crafts village. The grounds are nice. Our suite is nice. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Of course when enjoying a free deal like this one has to put up with a slick time share sales presentation, but that's a small price to pay for a free 2 night stay at a nice place. I definitely recommend this one.
Popoo

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2010

the front desk staff were the rudest and worst we have ever encountered anywhere. we ended up getting in a shouting match with about 4 members of their staff due to the fact that they kept telling us our room was ready for 2 hours. we had driven over 8 hours and were tired and just wanted to check in to the room that was supposedly promised to us. it took about 3 hours to finally get a room and then we ended up getting a room without a view. rather than get involved in another confrontation, we just stayed there and moved to another place when our stay ended there. the rooms were shabby and old and our toilet ran all nite for two days.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louis R
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My Mother, sister & I went in 2009 and we have booked for 2011 we h=own so we get a free stay every other year here or anywhere else in the deal but we keep coming back to Sedona! We went the week after new years and it was a ghost town (in a good way) we basically had the run fo the resort and the spa! They had great buy one get one deals and we took full advantage of their services! I am not sure about the other reviews but the grounds are great and the view is breath taking to say the least! it was apleasure to wake up every morning to the sun peaking over the Red Rocks! I can't wait for 2011! We did the Bell Rock hike and it was hard but I am looking forward to doing it again!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank CyliaL
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Before spending this past weekend at Los Ab, I looked at the two most recent reviews. I feel bad for those folks. Our experience was nothing like that. The staff was friendly enough, the room was clean (we had a pet room) and the grounds were amazing. They have a pool, two hot tubs, 2 restaurants with billiards, a bar, plenty of room to walk, tennis and basketball courts, a separate kid's pool, a walking labyrinth, and the property is right along the Oak Creek. The views were ok, because the resort is located pretty low in elevation compared to other resorts and hotels, but was still magnificent. There's hardly a bad view in Sedona. The grounds are gorgeous. The hedges are all trimmed in unique shapes: animals, geometric shapes, chairs, etc. There are rose bushes everywhere which I'm sure in June are magnificent. They blooms had all gone by the time we got there this past Friday. The only problem we had was a scorpion that ended up in our room after a night of heavy rain. This is Arizona, and it happens. The staff came to our room and sprayed it. We didn't see any more bugs. The room itself was spacious. We had a tile floor, which our dog loved laying on. The bedroom was big. The bathroom light was dim, but all you had to do was turn on the heat lamp and it was plenty bright. The dim bathroom bulb was nice when I had to get up but my boyfriend was still sleeping, as the light didn't disturb him.
Los Ab is the original homestead site of T.C. Schnebly and his wife, Sedona. They were some of the first European settlers in the area, and the first to build a home that could accommodate guests. They were also the first to bring irrigation to the area. Their original house still stands on the Los Ab along with the original irrigation ditch, though both have been restored. The resort is located directly behind Tlaquepaque, a famous shopping area that is absolutely gorgeous, and the Oak Creek Brewery was right there as well, in view of the hotel lobby. We did not eat there though, because they close pretty early (8:30pm on a Friday). If this is your first visit to Sedona, do not be fooled. It is easy to think there is nothing past the shops on 89A East, but head west on 89A and West Sedona opens up with grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and of course, many many shops.
Los Ab is being taken over (all of ILX is) on 8/14 of this year. This may be part of the reason why the previous two reviewers had less than ideal experiences. Until last week, the employees did not know if they were going to have jobs or not, as ILX Resorts filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy in March of this year. If you've ever worked in ANY kind of customer service, you can understand why having an uncertain future could make it hard to be that perfect, cherry, employee every single day.
We were bothered by some of the language used by the sales people on our time share tour (we did not buy). The tour guide commented that "All the Mexicans have done a beautiful job with the grounds." I am a bit bothered by the blanket statement. The sales manager (the one the bring in to REALLY try to convince you to buy) stated she was surprise people like us were staying at the resort. I wasn't really sure what she mean by that, but I was offended none-the-less.
Either way, the resort will be changing come 8/14. The new owner, Diamond Resorts, is planning on re-doing everything, building by building, and in some cases, knocking the building down and starting over. Please take that into consideration as you plan your stay. Construction and restoration is likely to be taking place over the next 1-2 years, and no one wants that on their vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple