6 people are viewing this hotel
$299
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$341
$262
Official Hotel
$299
Priceline$299
Hotels.com$262
ZenHotels.com$341
1,386 results
All reviews pickle ball miniature golf tennis courts bedroom suite timeshare presentation small kitchen fitness center bit dated hot tub full kitchen shops and restaurants red rocks sedona area tlaquepaque creek units dishwasher
Selected filters
Reviewed November 29, 2015

We just stayed at Los Abrigados for the Thanksgiving week. I had read some reviews just prior to leaving and got rather scared. I am so glad I didn't panic and cancel. We had an amazing time. Yes, the living room furniture seemed a little dated, but the overall experience was certainly excellent. The grounds are beautifully maintained, the buildings are clean and well-cared for, bed and bedding were top quality, the activities on-site were excellent and plentiful, the staff was very friendly and attentive, and requests for help (ie wanting some more soap or towels in the room) were attended to within minutes. My worst experience (which lasted only about 10 minutes) was playing on the mini-golf course while a staff member blew leaves and debris off the course. He had his heart in the right place, but it detracted quite a bit from the peaceful setting. A colleague pulled him aside and we got to enjoy the lovely setting. I would love to return there and recommend it to anyone wanting to spend some time in Sedona -- which is a truly stunning location.

Other random information: as far as the value question, we visited as part of a timeshare exchange, so we did not pay a standard hotel rate.

On the $ question, as a parent to two kiddos, I loved that the laundry facilities were free.

We also experienced some Wi-Fi challenges, but I was on vacation and not using it too much.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Tess P
Reviewed November 27, 2015

What a terrible experience! I barely know where to start. The staff is absolutely unaccomodating, rude, and invasive. They forced me to move rooms mid stay, but wouldn't allow me to re-check in until after 4pm, which due to the conference I was in was a significant inconvenience for me. Their front desk won't allow you to lodge any complaints or issues, you have to call their customer service phone number. Really?! To make matters worse they continue to call me, continuously about new promotions... and I can't get them to stop. I wish I had never stayed there.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Kathy R
Reviewed November 24, 2015

Glad I didn't read the reviews before we booked. This place might be the best hotel value in Sedona. We had stayed at the Best Western Arroyo and for a second trip it was just way too expensive. We booked a 2 bedroom suite at Los Abrigados (sleeps our 5 people comfortably) for far less than anyplace else (around $220/night).
This place has an inviting lobby with soaring ceilings, an Activity center with talks, movies, crafts, a beautiful pool + spa, lovely grounds including mini golf course, outdoor life-size chess board (kids enjoyed playing chess on this!), access to Oak creek and an excellent on-site restaurant. It is only steps from Tlaquepaque (Tel-ah-kee-pah-kee) plaza, which has some of the nicest art galleries and shops in Sedona.
The room is spacious and includes a kitchette with a cook top, refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. It is clean, and while it is not decorated "fancy" it is very functional.
This place used to be a time share resort, so in the past it wasn't accessible by the typical traveler. It still has many units which are time share, but some open to those seeking a hotel. The current management is undertaking an extensive overhaul of the rooms, and the rooms rented out are the ones that have not been refurbished.
There will be an opportunity for you to do a time share presentation if you want to have a large discount on activities such as a Pink Jeep tour, but there is no requirement to do this. We received $450 off a Jeep tour for 7 people for attending the presentation. It was not hard sell, we felt we were informed about DIAMOND resorts but not pressured.
Overall, we would certainly return and are enjoying our stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed November 19, 2015

Beautiful, quaint property and we would certainly return. I was so pleased to see Thanksgiving Decor adorning the property fountains The concierge desk was lovely, especially John Milner; however, be forewarned they are employed by Diamond Resorts and they are seeking to pre-sell future accommodations at another resort aka Time Shares.

Room tip: Multi-level suite hotel. Lush grounds, Eco Concious and friendly staff. Amazing on-site restraunt, ask for Peter.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlexandStephanie
Reviewed November 19, 2015

We love the red rock beauty of Sedona and go there every-other year, when we have a timeshare at Los Abrigados Resort and Spa. Los Abrigados has a great location along the river, comfortable, recently refurbished accommodations and fine spa amenities. It is a central location from which to visit the Grand Canyon, Tucson, Prescott, Jerome, etc. on day trips or for an overnight. The staff are very welcoming and eager to please.

Room tip: If you have a walking problem, ask for a unit on the ground floor that has easy access without many steps.
Date of stay: July 2015