“What a relief”

Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
North Haven, CT
“What a relief”
Reviewed October 25, 2004

After we had booked 3 nights for ourselves and another couple I read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Some were very unflattering. However, we were relieved to find our suites very clean, comfortable, and spacious. We ate at 2 of the restaurants and were very pleased with the service and the meals. All in all we were very satisfied with our choice and would go back anytime.

8 Thank goofynewfy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Reviewed October 18, 2004

My friend and I just returned from a week at Los Abrigados Resort & Spa, where we had wonderful stay during our first visit to Sedona. We were in a Jerome suite which was quite large, very clean, with televisions in both the living area and in the bedroom (which had two double beds just as we requested). We were in a 2nd floor unit with a terrace overlooking a duck pond with a fountain, which was quite peaceful in the early morning and late evening. The separate kitchenette was a nice amenity, if just to have fresh coffee with real half-n-half in the morning. We also found the location to be excellent - a few steps away from Tlaquepaque, a lovely shopping area with some decent eateries if you don't feel like getting on the road again after a day enjoying the scenery. Or you can just dine at one of the Resort's 3 on site restaurants - we tried Steaks N Sticks and the food was quite good. We also indulged in hot stone massages at the spa - one of the best hot stone massages I've had thus far. All in all, I would definitely recommend this resort and would book it again when next in Sedona.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 5, 2004

My wife and I have been going to Sedona for the last 10 years, and always stay at Los Abrigatos, because it's the best resort in town, hands down!

We returned last week after going down for seven days to celebrate our anniversary. The room was wonderful, the amenities exceptional, and the service as good as we always remember it.

Our room was on the upper level, with a balcony overlooking a pond with a fountain and we fed the ducks every morning. The environment was very quiet and comfortable, and the room had cable TV, movies, a CD and DVD player, along with a small kitchenette, with a sink, microwave and toaster.

We arranged for a jeep tour the day after our arrival, and a train ride up Verde Canyon later in the week, all through Guest Services. All in all, it was an incredible week in paradise!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 15, 2004

My husband and I booked a 5-night stay at Los Abrigados through International Interval. The directory indicated a five-star emblem. Upon arrival we were very disappointed. The room furnishing were shabby, the air conditioner was loud and woke us up thoughout the night. There were no cable amenities and no room service. The rate was $200 per night. With the rate and the 5-star rating we believed we would be staying in an up-scale resort. Much to our dismay we wouldn't even consider this a resort!! Upon returning home I contacted Interval International to lodge a complaint and they informed me that we were not listed with Interval International and we were overcharged and referred me back to Los Abrigados. I spoke to a rude and abrupt women named Lisa and she advised me to contact who ever charged our credit card. We were surprised to discover that Hotels did the billing not Interval International. I have written letters to Interval International with out one response. My husband and I are selling our time share. Why be affliated with Interval when you can go though Hotels. com. Bottom line. Los Abrigados should be sued for false advertisement. The rooms haven't been updated since the 70's. The office staff we dealt with were rude. I think I'll send a few more letters!!!! C. Carranza

For those of you who have read this complaint are probably asking yourself why didn't they complain while they were there?? Good question. We had jeep tours, and the Grand Canyon tour booked. We really didn't want to spend the time looking for another hotel or have the hotel staff put us in another shabby room.

23 Thank TinaSanPedro

Travelers are raving about these Sedona hotels

Reviewed August 20, 2004

It had nice surroundings, in a nice area, had nice ammenities, and the consierge was very nice and helpful, but but we went last December (12/5-12/04) and they had the Red Rock Fantasy (a Christmas lights diplay and contest, around 52 of them) which was nice and inertacive, but is was open to the public (non-residents), so the parking was very HORRIBLE when we arrived there at night because all the peaple coming to see the lights diplays. We had to park all the way on the other side of the building, the parking attendants were young and very rude, had alot of luggage to carry, looked for an attendant to help us with luggage, 30-45 minutes later someone helped us with our luggage, and then expected a tip (I didn't give him one). Parking was ok the rest of the time we were there.
The rooms needed updating. They had no full kitchen, which i didn't like. Everything else was good though.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed August 16, 2004

We spent 2 nights here and it was almost 2 nights too many. The room was musty and old. There was no view of anything as we were promised, just a view of the building behind us. When it was time to go to bed, I pulled out the sleep sofa for our son and there was blue candy smeared all over the blanket. Also there was left over food under the couch from someone before us. GROSS!!! When we climbed in our bed, the blankets absolutly reaked. I gagged when my husband pulled them up. The next morning I called the front desk and told them about the blankets and food under the couch. They promised they would come and change them and they did. It looked as though they had cleaned under the couch too. When I pulled the bed out again that night for my son, there were rotted grapes and candy still under the couch. No wonder it smelled so bad in there. The bathroom was old and moldy. The tile floor was a nice touch, but the furniture is in dire need of updating. Also, they should spray the furniture with Febreeze or something every once in a while. They absolutly stink!

5 Thank JandK2011
Reviewed August 7, 2004

Spent 4 days and 3 nights at the Resort and Spa...All employees very helpful....two friends with me...One had a problem with the horse back riding trip as she did not get her messages on time...I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, especially the services at the spa, and will go back again...

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member