“Great Location, but.....”

Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Bratenahl, OH
Reviewed June 7, 2004

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Portland, OR
Reviewed May 18, 2004

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2004

We stayed 1 night in a studio, which was comfortable except for the fact that it only had a shower and I prefer a bathtub. The grounds are lovely and we really enjoyed the food and billiards at Steak and Sticks. The staff was very pleasant and the service was excellent. The location is ideal.

• Stayed: May 2004, traveled on business
2  Thank fromArizona
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed May 5, 2004

My wife and I just finished a weeks stay at LosAbrigados and we loved it. Our room overlooked the pool and it was very relaxing. The rooms were very well maintained and the staff and cleaning crew were terrific.
We ate at each restaurant on the grounds and had a very nice experience.
The concierge helped us arrange a private hiking guide and that was terrific.
We would definitely return again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 2, 2004

I stayed at the resort for one night on 4/28. Needless to stay that I am very dissappointed. First...the rooms are very outdated. secondly....the person at the front desk (Sharlene) has a major attitude and not helpfull at all. And lastly....we were robbed of some of our personal belongings. While we were out to dinner (8:15pm-10pm) someone used a key and entered into our room and stole a digital camera, watch and a palm pilot. There were FIVE (5) rooms that were burglarized that night and they were all in the same location and happend between the hours of 8PM-10PM. The hotel told me that there was nothing that they could do and that we couldn't prove to them that we had these items in our possession. Two doors down, a couple laptop was stolen and also someone's pocketbook was stolen that contained cash. I asked them if they could at least comp our room because of the inconvenience this caused us and again they told me "unfortanatley there is nothing we can do". The head of security (Terry) was a joke. He constantly asked me for the serial # for the watch and camera that was stolen. He could not understand that I did not have the information with me and would call him when I returned home. After being persisting I finally spoke with the VP of the resort and he was very pleasant and understanding and he understood my situation and did not charge us the room charge for the one night and reassured us that the hotel or insurance company will be in contact with me. OVERALL, PLEASE BEWARE AND DO NOT STAY AT THE LODGE AND IF YOU DO, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS IN THE ROOM.

10  Thank njstrong
Reviewed April 10, 2004

We just returned from a week long timeshare exchange to Los Abrigados Resort and Spa and had a great time. It rained every day we were there but did not let that stop us from getting out all day, every day! The resort itself is nice, very well landscaped, centrally located and well kept. Our room was a one bedroom unit with a very limited kitchen. It was dark and in need of a current remodel, but nothing bad at all, lots of room for four of us. Many of the units have private jacuzzis on the patio- ask for one! The restaurants were pretty good, slow service and sorta pricey, but Sedona itself is not cheap. We took the timeshare sales speal...it gave is $120 worth of "resort cash" for food, merchandise, etc. The sales pitch was not too fierce, when I said no thanks! they stopped. It was worth the cash and additional information on the resort. Local restaurants.... Javelina Cantina- best margaritas anywhere, great food. Cowboy club- nah. Orchards-nah. Coffee Pot for breakfast with 101 omelettes is good. We took a Pink Jeep tour last year and it was great, took a Trail Horse Adventure 2-hour trail ride this year in the pouring rain and it was AWESOME! Through the national park, through a very flowing creek, great guides and horses, our 7 and 10 year olds loved it. Take the hike to Cathedral Rock- very cool. Have Fun!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 7, 2004

My stay at Los Abrigados was abosolutely wonderful! The staff were friendly, and the restauraunts were very tasteful. My favorite restaraunt inside the resort was Joey's Bistro (italian). The restaraunt has pictures of all well known Joe's or Joey's..Such as.. Joe Dimaggio, Joe Millionaire, Joe Pesci, etc..etc.. The food was great! I also took their 90 minute timeshare tour and was rewarded with a free Bi-plane tour over Sedona..which was breathtaking. The room I stayed in was not luxurious, but was very comfortable and clean. My suite also had a jucuzzi of my very own on the porch outside which was very secluded with foliage. I would recommend staying at this resort if you are wanting to relax, be comfortable, and take in the gorgeous scenery!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member