A demonstration in poor customer care from start to finish.
1) We called the resort from the Sedona Chamber of Commerce to get a room rate. Having agreed on $97 for the night, we drove the 2 minute journey to the resort. We were then quoted $126. We argued and finally got to $109 (although that excluded a $15 spa use fee that we didn't want and didn't use). In reality, we should have read the signs and left instead;
2) After several hours of no sleep, we called reception at 3.45am to complain about the extreme noise coming from the aircon units (not ours, we had turned ours off, but from others in the same block as our room). I've stayed in rooms with noisy aircon, but never anything like this - like a twin prop plane in the attic. The receptionist promised to send a maintenance guy straight over. He never showed up;
3) I checked out at 8.30am. I explained about our poor experience to the receptionist. She offered to waive the spa fee. I declined her offer, requesting instead that the manager spend 20 minutes in our room (to understand the fault) and then call us to tell us what he thought a fair price for a night in that room would have been. She agreed to get him to act on this as soon as he arrived later that morning;
She also promised to email me a receipt, which would contain a guest questionnaire that would enable me to provide my feedback in writing.
4) It is now Sunday (we left this place on Friday morning). So far, no call from the manager, and no email to enable me to provide direct feedback to the resort.
Based on m experience, my personal advice is to avoid this place. Above and beyond my specific complaints, you can expect to be confronted by agents (disguised as a concierge) trying to flog you timeshare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury resort and spa in Sedona, Arizona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Los Abrigados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Abrigados Hotel Sedona
- Los Abrigados Resort Spa
- Los Abrigados Spa