“My favorite resort of all time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Enchantment Resort

Enchantment Resort
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Upstate, NY
“My favorite resort of all time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2006

My boyfriend and I have travelled quite a bit, and The Enchantment has definitly stood out above the rest. It has been over a year and a half since we've stayed there, but already we are planning on going back next spring.
From the moment you drive into Sedona you are amazed at the beauty... My experience was one I will never forget for the rest of my life. Pulling into the resort you are escorted to the lobby, and shown to your casita. We were in a Jr. casita. This room was one of the most gorgeous rooms we have ever stayed in. The decor was very soothing and the music playing was relaxing (I even bought the resort cd before we left!) We had a Balcony off our room with spectacular views of the rocks!!
Just when I thought nothing could get any better I went to the spa.... OMG!! Now I have been to many spas and have gotten many treatments/massages but nothing even compares to the 90-minute hot stone massage I received!!!!!! I was never relaxed as much as I was then... Wow.... thinking back to it now, it was heaven!!! The Spa was amazing, the Grotto was neat. The pool was very cool with beautiful views all around you.
The food was out of this world!!! They have the biggest wine list I've ever seen. If you can enjoy their Sunday Brunch, GO FOR IT!!! They had Rack of Lamb, shrimp, stuffed french toast.... DELICIOUS!!!! Definitly worth the price!
Every morning when you wake up and open your front door you will find small orange juice's that are out of this world! We looked forward to these every morning (we even looked online to buy this, unfortunately you cannot :( ) Hopefully you love the scent of mesquite wood... that's all you smell!
My boyfriend and I each night went to the lobby and played checkers, it was very quiet and we always felt secluded.
From the time you pull into the resort to the time you leave, you will never find a place as relaxing as this one. Enjoy your stay and absorb everything.... if only every day was so peaceful...

• Liked — The Views
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Get the 90 - minute hot stone massage!!
  • Stayed May 2005, traveled as a couple
7 Thank lovebugz80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Korean first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2006

We have just returned from a 5 day visit to the Enchantment Resort and enjoyed every minute of it.
From the welcome we received at the gate, to the fantastic casita, everything was first class.
Our visit was part of a three week tour around Arizona and the Enchantment Resort was definitely one of the highlights.
We arrived at the front gate to be met by a smiling, enthusiastic gentleman who promised that our visit would be great.
He was right!

We were directed to reception and personally welcomed by our family name (the front gate had obviously phoned ahead)
On then to the casita - pure luxury.
Beautifully appointed, lovely furniture, bedding etc and above all else, peace and tranquility.

Each morning fresh orange juice was delivered to our room along with bottles of water that were replenished as part of evening turndown

There are lots of nice touches such as complimentary internet access + my wife tried to buy some stamps to send postcards home to England. No worries replied reception, we will post them for you...

Yes, there is no mobile phone coverage but why do you want it when you are surrounded by such natural beauty as Boynton Canyon?
The Resorts spa and treatments are fantastic

There are also some good small restaurants in Sedona.
Our favourite for a casual evening was Oak Creek Brewery

Relax and enjoy

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
10 Thank RJM1
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2006

From the moment we drove up to the guard shack I knew this was going to be a one of a kind get-away.. Spent 3 days here for a girls weekend with my mom & sister. We told them our name and by the time we got to the bellboy area they already knew we were coming and our names and so did the front desk.. The took us by golfcart up to our suite and when he opened the door we were blown away!!!!

We had lunch on the deck dining area and sipped drinks while taken in the breathtaking views of the canyon all around you! Whenever we wanted to go anywhere and didn't want to walk we just called the golf cart up to take us to the lodge or the spa. The spa was incredible and my sister had a massage but mom and I decided we just needed to sit by the pool and once again take in the wonderful views. It was also nice that the spa did not allow anyone under 16 there so it stayed very quiet.. We took a couple hikes on the trails around the resort which were very nice..

One day we took a drive into town but just to get some food for our room (we were there Super Bowl weekend and being from Seattle had to watch the game)but other than that just stayed onsite. We had the Sunday Brunch and I have to say it was the best brunch I have ever had.. We sat there for 3 hours sipping memosas and eating and enjoying the view!

Would love to go back!

• Liked — The beautiful view
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank doodlebugakj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2006

We have just returned from eight days at this resort and it was wonderful. I have stayed at this resort before, but my girlfriend had not. We wanted a quiet vacation this year and decided onThe Enchantment. I was concerned that my girlfiend may not like this place as much as I did. From the minute we checked in until the moment we left it was fantastic. She loved the Spa pool and the cafe as well. The setting, food and staff are great. I am visually amazed at the layout of this resort. The canyon is beautiful and this resort takes full advantage of it. It is rare to be able to return from a vacation feeling rejuvenated and like a new person, however this resort will leave you with that feeling. We are looking forward to returning again next year. If you have plans to visit Sedona you owe it to yourself to stay at this resort.

• Liked — The room was large,quiet and clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — checkout some local eateries in town, Judi's, Relics, and Shugrue's as examples.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Columbus-Ohio1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2006

This place is truly paradise. You can stay in rooms at Enchantment Resort or in rooms right at Mii Amo Spa. Either way you can get a Spa Package to include treatments and all the classes, meditations, and other services offered by Mii Amo. Since I live in Phoenix, I go here, usually staying at the Spa rather than on the Enchantment side, at least once every year. I know there are other places in Sedona I could go, and I've been to most of them over the years, but nowhere in Sedona even comes close to comparing to this place.

A 3 night stay, with 2 90 minute and 4 60 minute treatments is usually about $2,000, and worth it. That price includes everything, including all meals, treatments, and a variety of classes (yoga/pilates/cooking/tea tasting/meditation/nature hikes/mountain biking/cultural music/stargazing, etc.). The views from all the rooms at the spa are incredible and the food at Mii Amo Cafe is light, healthy and balanced.

The number of treatment choices is incredible and the quality of the service providers is unmatched in my opinion. They have a health bar where you can get smoothies, wheat grass, etc. and everything from there is always top notch. The service is always excellent from everyone from the front desk, bell guys, spa attendant, etc. They value you as a customer and treat you with respect you would deserve as a customer in an elite resort.

The spa itself is huge and between activities, you can hang out there, inside or outside the locker rooms, read a book, take a swim in a choice of pools, sit in a choice of spas, shop in the gift shop full of cool stuff, or meditate in a special room designed for meditation. There are many hikes you can take, and I always run a couple of miles every day around the resort.

I have stayed there 10 or so times and can't see myself going anywhere else in the near future. And, I'm all about change and variety in life, but I can't not go here, I love it so much. I haven't had any bad experiences at this place (except one annoying bell guy that wouldn't leave my room even though I already tipped him, but I got over that pretty quick).

It's truly heaven on earth and when I leave I feel totally refreshed, relaxed, and looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed February 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2006

Do you remember the scene in "Contact" when Jody Foster has travelled the worm hole and weeps the following words: "It's so beeeeautiful"? Well, I did that. I have travelled a great deal, but the red rock vista and vortex (didn't know anything about vortexes before my journey here and no, I'm not a new agey kind of gal) struck me deep in the heart chakra upon arrival. The treatments, particularly the hot stone and the watsu, helped balance this stressed out woman with too much "yang". I recommend staying for seven nights if you've never been here. I came by myself in need of solitude and pampering, but I also met some amazing people, some of whom I have kept in touch. We are all going to return again same time next year. My only criticism: housekeeping has some kinks to work out, particularly with room service trays sitting outside all day. I had read that before I went and thought "how petty" but seriously, when you pay this kind of money, it just shouldn't happen.

The staff at Mii Amo obviously like their job. This is part of the spa's success, I believe. I hope that some of the same people will be there when I return. This will say a lot about the spa's future success.

The experience can be life-changing if you're open to it. Lots of surprises here!

Devon Valderas

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2006

This resort looks pretty, but everywhere looks pretty in Sedona. I have, unfortunately, stayed twice now thinking my second experience would be better and it was worse. Be prepared to hike to your room through a maze of poorly paved sidewalks. Also, be prepared to pay $350+ a night for a double size murphy bed, those beds that come out of the wall, and only one bed not two.

Let me take you through a typical day at Enchantment…

Morning -
You wake up to orange juice in an ice bucket with the morning paper at your door, which is nice. You are hot because the A/C unit is a inefficient and the hotel gives you a down comforter, there are no ceiling fans which are a necessity in AZ, and you are also sore from the lumpy bed a squishy uncomfortable pillows. The sheets are rough and scratchy as well as the towels, they don’t give you enough towels initially so you always need to ask for more. You get ready in the morning, of there are other people staying in the rooms next door you will run out of hot water so get ready for a less than luke-warm shower. Also, the ventilation in the bathrooms doesn’t work so when you do get hot water your room will be hot and humid for at least the next 16 hours or so. Then you leave your room for the day.

Afternoon –
After enjoying one of the many things to do in Sedona you come back to your room to rest and get ready for dinner. Housekeeping is supposed to come twice daily and one of two things will happen when you arrive back at your room; one, your room has been serviced and some items you cannot find at all and/or items and money are missing (which happened to me and my husband as well as the people next door to us), then you call the lobby to report it and the person answering the phone is annoyed you called and gives you a hard time. The rest of your day and part of the next day involves the resort Public Safety office investigating and interviewing, at the end you will likely get your items back. Or two, your room hasn’t been touched and it’s 5:30 in the afternoon. You’re ready to shower again, but the bathroom hasn’t been cleaned and you have no clean towels, if you use the same towel it’s still wet from your morning shower. If you have the “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door the housekeeping crews don’t pay attention to that and come in anyway.

Night –
Housekeeping may come around again, if they do they’ll bring by bottled water and a bucket of ice in addition to turning down your bed. After our things were stolen by housekeeping, which was confirmed by the head of resort public safety, the resort does continue to send the same maids to service your room. So you can continue to have your things stolen and misplaced, I couldn’t find my curling iron, make-up, toothpaste, ect. or not get your room serviced at all. I’m under the assumption that the resort does not do any pest control. At night, which is when the bugs and other critters come out, you will see spiders, rodents, giant ants, fire ants, ect. on your patio to your room and in your room. You will see somewhat large gecko lizards around the resort, those are good they eat the bugs and don’t bother humans at all. The bar at the resort closes at around 11pm, so don’t plan on getting a drink after dinner.

Things to keep in mind –
Cell phones do not work at the resort at all, it is at the bottom of a canyon and there is no service. The TV in your room will most likely not work if it’s cloudy since, again, it’s at the bottom of a canyon. The resort is hard to find even if you know Sedona somewhat well and because of it’s location at the bottom of a canyon the area is hotter than the rest of the town of Sedona. The resort overall is gimmicky and it’s location and services are more of a hassle than anything else. There are A LOT of expensive extras with your room and if a sign is missing and you use the amenity you will get charged for it regardless. This place has no problem nickel and diming you to death, except the nickels and dimes are an extra $10 here and extra $50 there. The food at the restaurant isn’t bad, but not great, it’s bland and foods that anyone can make at home.

There are so many good and GREAT resorts and hotels in Oak Creek and Sedona for much less per night that anything other than the Enchantment is a good decision.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business