“Enchanting Resort”

Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Columbus, Ohio
“Enchanting Resort”
Reviewed June 29, 2006

The resort was awesome in most areas - all, but the food services. The overall level of service from the check-in and bell staff to the maid services was superb. The best feature was simply the location and grounds. This place has it all - it you want peace and relaxation you can have it and if you are adventurous you have many activities to participate in. We recommend this resort highly and we will be back!

2 Thank SSteckel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed June 26, 2006

We stayed at the Enchantment Resort from June 4 to 9 and had an incredible time. I think the location is the best in the area even though it's maybe a 10 minute drive from downtown Sedona. The staff and service was excellent, the restaurants were wonderful. The rooms were not luxurious but were decorated in more of a soft, southwestern decor which I preferred much more. Cellular phones don't work here although this could be a good thing. We spent each day at the Mi Amo spa which also had a fantastic restaurant and a gorgeous pool. I definitely plan on going back.

2 Thank Leo2002
Winchester
Reviewed June 25, 2006

Just back from the Enchantment resort, Sedona and have run out of superlatives - best week we have spent for a long time. There's a direct flight from London Heathrow to Phoenix - don't go any other way. It's quite a drive up to Sedona after a long flight, but the seclusion of the resort in Boynton Canyon made it all worth while. Dress casual in June - there's no point in dressing up in that heat. We hiked up the canyon at 5am - we were still on London time and it was too hot for us after 9am. We had a junior suite that we could have had a dance in - room for a whole soccer team in the shower. The service was superb - I had nothing whatsoever to complain about. I spend my time in the spa; don't bother with the very expensive treatments, just enjoy the pools, the ladies' room with free everything and the range of free programmes every day. And lift your eyes constantly to the red rocks all around - you'll see nothing like that at home! Sedona itself was hot and bothered - go in April or October if you intend touring around.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Lelius
Longmont
Reviewed June 13, 2006

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our anniversary in Sedona. We weren't sure what to expect from the resort, but based on the reviews that I read, I had very high expectations. I will start off by saying that we arrived at the hotel late at night after driving up from the Phoenix airport, and the hotel had upgraded our room. We were overwhelmed by our room when we opened the door. It felt like our own private home complete with a kitchenette, living room, bedroom, and two patios. We were feeling incredibly spoiled and when we woke up in the morning to the most beautiful view, we knew this was well worth the money. The resort is situated in a beautiful canyon with surrounding red cliffs, and the hotel is laid out so most rooms are pretty private. I can't find enough good things to say about our room and the service at the hotel. The staff was very friendly, and accomodated our needs quickly. My only complaint was that one of the pools had quite a bit of debris in it (it had been a windy day), and my husband cleaned the pool. After spending $400 a night for a room, I would hope that we wouldn't have to clean the pool ourselves. However, I would not let this deter me from staying here again without any hesitation. The spa is excellent, and well worth a visit. They also plan a number of activities daily in the spa that I didn't have time to attend, but I wish that I had. I highly recommend the Enchantment Resort for a relaxing stay.

4 Thank pic80501
seaclift
Reviewed May 28, 2006

Our stay at Enchantment was so delightful from the moment we arrived to the time we (sadly) checked out: the staff was warm and helpful, the casita was cozy and quiet, the setting is spectacular, the spa was heavenly, the food at the restaurant was awesome. I read some of the criticism posted on this site, but we simply had nothing to complain about. We look forward to going again.

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank frankbascombe
Phoenix/Scottsdale/NYC/Maui
Reviewed May 22, 2006

The Enchatnment Resort is a little short on service. It's restaurants are better than most in the area but may be disappointing to you if you live in a larger Metropolitan area. The pools and spa in no way compare with Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tucson top rated resort amenities...
That all said, if you are going to stay in the Sedona area and want to hike,bike,or just enjoy the absolute magnificent Red Rock views,this is the place to stay!
I recently stayed at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe and found it disappointing compared to The Enchantment. Of course the Hyatt is a condo/time share facility and Enchantment is a full scale resort. Just make sure you ask about patio views. Some rooms face the parking lot areas,while others as you can see from the picture I posted have fabulous views.
There is no place in the world like Sedona, and The Enchantment with some disappointments is still the most "enchanting" place in the area.

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank Jaimephx
De Haan, Belgium
Reviewed May 22, 2006

The resort is 5 miles from Sedona on a quiet road but its location and its views are absolutely marvellous. I assume that this location is the reason why it has received many awards because the infrastructure itself does not match one of a top hotel. Our rooms were large with large bathrooms, we first had a casita, then a junior suite with kitchenette.
We preferred the breakfast buffet while most other guests chose their breakfast from the menu. Unfortunately, we had to sit inside because the outside tables on the terrace were straight in the sun without any umbrellas for shade. I would suggest to put umbrellas, then most guests would be likely to enjoy breakfast outside.
The pool in front of the main building was nice for a swim. Two PCs with internet access are available. Complementary but not well-maintained mountain bikes were available at the spa. A lock was available from the tennis center. We enjoyed a day-trip to downtown Sedona.

• Stayed April 2006