“Very nice... very pricey.”
Review of Enchantment Resort

Enchantment Resort
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed November 4, 2005

We stayed three nights earlier this week. The resort location is phenomonal, very remote, and the scenery is stunning. Ate dinner one night by the fireplace at Tii Gavo, very good food, the waitress was a little distracted by a few guys there to see her and seemed more interested in the costume party she was going to later that night, however after they left, she was very friendly and attentive.

The Yavapai was awesome, great food, excellent wine suggestion and we again ate outdoors with the view of the stars.

We opted for 1 Bedroom Hacienda room. It was very spacious, however, it hadn't been updated in quite sometime. We were a little weary when the bellman opened up our room for us and his first comments was "it's not the best view....". Everything was very adequate and we could have paid more to have a nicer view and nicer room, next time we'll know and it had no negative impact on our stay at all. For the age of the furnishings, knicks in the walls and blinds that wouldn't work $400 plus seemed a little steep.
The concierge was extremely friendly and helpful. The bellman and front desk staff were friendly as well.
Did some hiking right out of the resort, it was great!

Spent a day at the spa, we did a 90 minute couples massage and it was wonderful, very attentive and an excellent massage. The Mi Amo spa is a beautiful facility, our only complaint was the attitude of the two male desk clerks at the spa when we arrived for our appointment. Very arrogant young men, I'm sure they will either grow up or not be there long.
There are accomodations in the Mi Amo Spa, next time we might try that for it's proximity to the Spa itself.

Again , very beautiful resort, just be prepared to pay for it !

• Stayed: November 2005
12  Thank harrison38
Write a ReviewReviews (2,782)

Reviewed October 31, 2005

Arriving at the Enchantment resort in the afternoon, we were told by a fairly rude front desk to return in one hour to check into our room. After an hour, they told us to return two hours later. When we did return, our room was "ready" and they showed us to what had to be the worst room in the place--near the road, no view and next to the laundry dropoff facility for the entire hotel ( Our reservation was for a suite with a view). There was even a welcome package in the room with someone else's name on it!!
After another 90 minutes, the manager Chris basically told us tough luck.
This is the first time in our lives (and 40 years of international luxury travel) that we actually left a hotel and stayed somewhere else (Adobe Grand Villas- a luxury B&B that was fantastic).
The Enchantment resort is in a beautiful location. However, the resort is run poorly and no one should waste their money when there are so many other good places to stay in Sedona

• Stayed: October 2005
36  Thank BMK1
A TripAdvisor Member
Washington DC
Reviewed October 25, 2005

I was very impressed with the staff's attention to detail! I was traveling to celebrate my mother's birthday with my sister and infant, we booked the promotional rate so I expected the service to not be terrific at our rate-but they treated us like Queens! I had requested a baby bed and made a note that it was my mother's birthday and we received a lovely note and fresh berries. The rooms are huge and walking along the grounds both day and night were amazing. The staff could not have been more pleasant and the food was amazing! Terrific hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2005

I just got home from Enchantment and it was spectacular. I felt like I was dreaming. The nountains, the wildlife, the service, the ambiance and just everything was great. Took the jeep tour which was well worth it. Concierge was very informative and I liked the way Enchantment was secluded and not a tourist trap. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank blueyes_7
Reviewed October 18, 2005

I made reservations online a few weeks in advance for the Sunday Jazz Brunch at the Yavapai Restaurant. I requested 10:30a but the reservation came back for 12N and did not mention my 10:30a request. Because of this I called the resort about 9am Sunday morning to verify our reservation time. When I explained my request, which was only to make sure we showed up at the correct time, she was very rude and said they did not have any 10:30am times--funny I didn't ask that!

We were there at 11:40a and went to the desk to check in for our reservation. The receptionist was very unfriendly and said we could not check in early but to come back at 12N! We sat in their waiting area till 12N and went to the receptionist to check in. She acted as though this was the first time she had set eyes on us and rudely told us we would have to wait for 15 minutes because they did not have a seating for us. My shocked husband asked if they would find us and got a very rude "ok". After the 15 minute wait, my daughter went back to the receptionist to ask about our seating and got a blank stare and "can I help you?". After explaining once again we were waiting for our 12N reservation, they finally very coldly seated us. By this time my husband could barely eat and most of us wanted to leave but we stayed and the buffet was very good.

We had enjoyed evening meals at the Yavapai in the past with no problems but we have never been treated so rudely this time and have to agree with the others who have said their staff needs to be retrained.

Stayed: October 2005
13  Thank dots33
Reviewed October 8, 2005

I have been to this resort 5 times before and I love it. I cannot say enough good things about it. The spa is wonderful, the pools are great and the view is really what makes the place. The service it outstanding whenever I have been there. I have had the problem though of wearing jeans or shorts and not being able to eat at the Yavapi restaurant, which is good but overpriced and not a big selection. Tio Gavo is just as good. I have had several massages at the spa and they have always been good, the therapists have always been attentive to my personal needs. I stayed here three times last year, and each time we were greeted with attentiveness to detail, such as a welcome back card and chocolate covered strawberries or two small bottles of Bailey's and chocolate or once a plate of nachos and beer. My husband and I stayed there while on our honeymoon and they brought us chocolate covered strawberries and two splits of champange and a card for our wedding. We stayed at the Santuary on Camelback Mountain in paradise valley after this and it was no comparison to the Enchantment.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank megs781
Reviewed October 1, 2005

This is the second time we have said never coming back. The last time they would not let my wife in the dining room wearing denim jeans, we had had no problems the last 4 stays!! they finally relented and let her in the next night but at 5.30pm. As she was eating they let another family in wearing hiking shorts and boots so much for consistency.This stay was a gift we came for three nights the check in was sloppy the room had to be changed the staff don't know what they are doing and don't care. The dinner was very poor the price high. We do not expect this quality in a $750 a night resort we would not mind if it was $100 per night. It's a great pity the setting is magnificent it seems there is no staff training.

• Stayed: October 2005