“Rudest worst managed hotel I have ever been in!”
Review of Enchantment Resort

Enchantment Resort
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
CT
“Rudest worst managed hotel I have ever been in!”
Reviewed October 31, 2005

Arriving at the Enchantment resort in the afternoon, we were told by a fairly rude front desk to return in one hour to check into our room. After an hour, they told us to return two hours later. When we did return, our room was "ready" and they showed us to what had to be the worst room in the place--near the road, no view and next to the laundry dropoff facility for the entire hotel ( Our reservation was for a suite with a view). There was even a welcome package in the room with someone else's name on it!!
After another 90 minutes, the manager Chris basically told us tough luck.
This is the first time in our lives (and 40 years of international luxury travel) that we actually left a hotel and stayed somewhere else (Adobe Grand Villas- a luxury B&B that was fantastic).
The Enchantment resort is in a beautiful location. However, the resort is run poorly and no one should waste their money when there are so many other good places to stay in Sedona

• Stayed October 2005
36 Thank BMK1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 25, 2005

I was very impressed with the staff's attention to detail! I was traveling to celebrate my mother's birthday with my sister and infant, we booked the promotional rate so I expected the service to not be terrific at our rate-but they treated us like Queens! I had requested a baby bed and made a note that it was my mother's birthday and we received a lovely note and fresh berries. The rooms are huge and walking along the grounds both day and night were amazing. The staff could not have been more pleasant and the food was amazing! Terrific hotel!!

• Stayed September 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
gibraltar, mi, 48173
Reviewed October 22, 2005

I just got home from Enchantment and it was spectacular. I felt like I was dreaming. The nountains, the wildlife, the service, the ambiance and just everything was great. Took the jeep tour which was well worth it. Concierge was very informative and I liked the way Enchantment was secluded and not a tourist trap. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed October 2005
7 Thank blueyes_7
greensboro
Reviewed October 18, 2005

I made reservations online a few weeks in advance for the Sunday Jazz Brunch at the Yavapai Restaurant. I requested 10:30a but the reservation came back for 12N and did not mention my 10:30a request. Because of this I called the resort about 9am Sunday morning to verify our reservation time. When I explained my request, which was only to make sure we showed up at the correct time, she was very rude and said they did not have any 10:30am times--funny I didn't ask that!

We were there at 11:40a and went to the desk to check in for our reservation. The receptionist was very unfriendly and said we could not check in early but to come back at 12N! We sat in their waiting area till 12N and went to the receptionist to check in. She acted as though this was the first time she had set eyes on us and rudely told us we would have to wait for 15 minutes because they did not have a seating for us. My shocked husband asked if they would find us and got a very rude "ok". After the 15 minute wait, my daughter went back to the receptionist to ask about our seating and got a blank stare and "can I help you?". After explaining once again we were waiting for our 12N reservation, they finally very coldly seated us. By this time my husband could barely eat and most of us wanted to leave but we stayed and the buffet was very good.

We had enjoyed evening meals at the Yavapai in the past with no problems but we have never been treated so rudely this time and have to agree with the others who have said their staff needs to be retrained.

Stayed October 2005
13 Thank dots33
Lemont, il
Reviewed October 8, 2005

I have been to this resort 5 times before and I love it. I cannot say enough good things about it. The spa is wonderful, the pools are great and the view is really what makes the place. The service it outstanding whenever I have been there. I have had the problem though of wearing jeans or shorts and not being able to eat at the Yavapi restaurant, which is good but overpriced and not a big selection. Tio Gavo is just as good. I have had several massages at the spa and they have always been good, the therapists have always been attentive to my personal needs. I stayed here three times last year, and each time we were greeted with attentiveness to detail, such as a welcome back card and chocolate covered strawberries or two small bottles of Bailey's and chocolate or once a plate of nachos and beer. My husband and I stayed there while on our honeymoon and they brought us chocolate covered strawberries and two splits of champange and a card for our wedding. We stayed at the Santuary on Camelback Mountain in paradise valley after this and it was no comparison to the Enchantment.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank megs781
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2005

This is the second time we have said never coming back. The last time they would not let my wife in the dining room wearing denim jeans, we had had no problems the last 4 stays!! they finally relented and let her in the next night but at 5.30pm. As she was eating they let another family in wearing hiking shorts and boots so much for consistency.This stay was a gift we came for three nights the check in was sloppy the room had to be changed the staff don't know what they are doing and don't care. The dinner was very poor the price high. We do not expect this quality in a $750 a night resort we would not mind if it was $100 per night. It's a great pity the setting is magnificent it seems there is no staff training.

• Stayed October 2005
17 Thank carpis
Rockwood, Ontario
Reviewed October 1, 2005

My wife and I stayed at Enchantment September 23 & 24/05. We enjoyed every minute. The rooms are extremely comfortable, setting spectacular, restaurant excellent, staff friendly and helpful and genuinely interested in their guests and in making their stay a good experience in every way.

Swimming pools, small and therefore perfect - as there are a number of them all within steps of the rooms - are somewhat private and not thronging with other guests, in addition to red rock buttes towering all around. There are also free washer and driers conveniently nearby all rooms, something experienced travellers always appreciate.

Our sole complaint/suggestion would be that complimentary bottled water be in the rooms upon arrive instead of with the evening turn-down service.

We will return. We highly recommend it to one and all.

• Stayed September 2005