“We never stop enjoying this unique place”
Review of Enchantment Resort

Enchantment Resort
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I travel annually this time of year to Enchantment. The grounds are lovely, the staff seemed to have one phrase for any request that we made. "No Problem" Want a firepit set up for a few of our friends to sit around after dinner, with blankets--"No Problem". Want to have dinner in the lounge, order from either restaurants menu, grow the party to 10--"No Problem".

It is a beautiful part of the world, great spa, attentive service. wonderful, wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Enchantment Resort

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We just returned from spending 9 nights at Enchantment. This was my 8th visit and it gets better each time. That's hard to believe but it's true! The new renovations are stunning and the staff is just as friendly, professional and knowledgeable as they have always been. I have traveled all over the wold and stayed in many luxury hotels. This is at the top of my list to recommend. It is an out of this world experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous, but be sure to book one with a fireplace for the ultimate coziness and roman...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at this wonderful resort last week for 3 days. I was instantly impressed upon arrival at the spacious property. Stayed in a casita and the views from my patio were breathtaking. Ask for anything in Casita 30. I cannot recommend this place enough. They always made me feel welcome everywhere I went on the property. The orange juice in the morning was an excellent touch, as was the apple cider in the clubhouse. I thoroughly enjoyed dinner every restaurant I visited. Mi Amo is spacious and so relaxing. You can really lose yourself here amongst the solitude and beautiful scenery. Will definitely be returning. Thanks guys for a wonderful experience.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ChelleDuran
Reviewed December 11, 2013

There is no doubt that the location is fantastic - better than anything else in the area, since it is relatively remote. The service is excellent - indeed, the staff reminded more than once that it is a "destination spa", noted for it's "world class service" (!!). I did find the spa very restful, and even though the resort was full, the spa was quiet. The massage I had was truly exemplary - and I've had many over the years. I enjoyed the complimentary nature walk immensely - the docent was extremely knowledgeable. I also enjoyed walking the trail into the box canyon at the back of the property. Proximity to challenging hiking trails (Bear Mountain, Long Canyon) is nice. The restaurant was very good, but they charge "captive" prices, and for a health-oriented resort, the lack of veggies on plates was a bit of shock. Our room was very comfortable but did not have a particularly beautiful outlook - since there was an ugly wooden fence and another casita between us and the red rocks. Ask for rooms in Casitas other than 41. And don't be surprised if it's cold and rainy/snowy in November/December - it does rain and snow there!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the East Side and higher up. Casita 41 not so nice views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marc624
Reviewed December 9, 2013

When the sun sets in this red rock canyon in Sedona, the glow against the rocks is surreal. One of my ultimate bliss spots. Excellent dining. Friendly staff and full spa services. Resort is quite large, but the drive through is beautiful.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed December 9, 2013

What a great stay, I hosted a 7 couples and everyone was blown away by the views, the Jr. Suites, and the hospitality of everyone at the Resort and at the Spa. The orange juice delivery every morning was a nice touch as was the turn down service every night, something many hotels have stopped

Room Tip: Get as far up the canyon as possible for best views
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank LVETOTRAVEL
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had struggled to decide between auberge & enchantment. In the end I decided that as we were going to Sedona to look at the amazing landscape/rocks it made sense to base ourselves amongst the rocks up in Boynton Canyon. It was a good choice & I'm glad we stayed here rather than in Sedona. We arrived late in the afternoon & headed to view 180. Our service was good but as the evening drew on, it was clear some tables were not getting the service as quick as they wanted. We luckily sat between the outdoor patio heaters. As the temperatures dropped we were grateful for the heat coming from them.

Our casita was nice. Liked the open gas fire. Bathroom was spacious & smart. Our casita didn't have the best view in that it was visible out of the window behind the sofa! It was cold during our stay so we did not make use of the patio (from which you could have appreciated the view). To be honest we did not mind about the view as we spent plenty time outdoors and we were only there for one full day & 2 evenings.

On the 2 mornings we were there, I went to the yoga class & brisk walk around the resort afterwards. Yoga was very good. I had a look around Miiamo and it looked great.

On our last evening we decided to eat at tii gavo. Having eaten at view 180 the night before, we were really disappointed with the menu at the restaurant. It was mainly larger sized portions of what we had had the night before. We were underwhelmed.

However, overall, this is a lovely hotel in a great spot.

Room Tip: If a view is important then make sure you say when booking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple