I have been using TripAdvisor for 6 years but i just didn't post BUT I have to rave about the Enchantment Resort. I have never stayed at a place that was so into detail. From when you drive in at the gate-the gentleman acted like he was waiting for me and was thrilled I was there- to where you check in outside, immediately given a detail tour of the grounds in a golf cart driven by a handsome young man....all bell men were handsome. We were shown to our room that simply delighted us starting at the rugged front door, past the most comfortable beds, to living room furniture with gorgeous pillows, facing a fireplace on your way to your own patio with a breathtaking view. Wow, what a way to start a day, fresh brewed coffee with real cream, not that power stuff, looking at the sun lite red rocks. A deer with her two babies walked right past our patio and stopped.
The bathroom was heavenly. Deepest tub I have ever been in. So deep you could wash your hair and not have to get into the 4 person shower. I had read about the soap and to my delight, it was simply fantastic that match the equally fantastic robes. We had been on a road trip and stayed in a lot of higher end hotels and no one had as nice robes as the Enchantment. It was just glorious.
As we were driving to the Enchantment we were grumbling a little that it was so far out (7 miles). Wow, we're we wrong. After we got there we did not want to leave. We ate all 3 dinners at the 2nd level dining area. The food was absolutely delicious and creative. But what was also amazing was the view from where we sat outside under the twinkling stars and crackling fireplace, eating dinner. If you would have heard us you would have thought we never got off the farm.
The pool is amazing, they give you water, with lemon even if you don't order a drink. There is even a fire pit at the pool. The spa is spectacular. So zen. I had a hard time sleeping in because I didn't want to miss a minute of just being there. The Enchantment has all these separate little areas where you could just hang out. You can play chess, play croquet, sit in overstuffed leather chairs and just gaze at the view that never seemed to get old to look at.
The breakfast buffet was excellent. I love bacon. It seems wherever you go everyone has the same bacon. Not here, it was off the charts. I normally try to keep it to 2-3 strips, one day I had 6. The fire roasted salsa was the best salsa I've had anywhere and went so well with the light fluffy eggs.
Even the gift shop thrilled me. I got 2 pairs of the most gorgeous sandals, a great jacket, etched stemware and rock wine stopper. It was hard to keep control.
As you walk around the grounds they have peaceful Native American music. Just a hint, set the mood not to really listen too.
Trust me I'm not hiker but the trail to the Enchainment's very own -everyone can go but it is right on the grounds- vortex. Some "people" say they are 1000s of vortex yet some say 3. It felt pretty cool to have your own vortex.
I went on a Pink Jeep Tour - extremely bumpy - and even my tour guy was impressed that I was staying at then Enchantment. He said everyone who stays there are always very pleased. He said the they have the top two restaurants in Sedona.
We had a little issue with nature, not the Enchainment's fault but Kathleen and the staff bent over backwards to make our fabulous stay uninterrupted.
Since I have been home I have been practically stopping people on the streets telling them to go to Sedona and stay at the Enchantment Resort. I never stay in a place twice, love new experiences but I can't wait to go back. I'd love to spend at least a week.
Thank you Kathleen, thank you Enchantment Resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by stunning views of red rock Boynton Canyon and the Coconino National Forest, Enchantment Resort combines the rugged grandeur of the Southwest landscape with luxurious amenities and Native American culture. All 218 Arizona-style guest rooms, completely renovated, have beehive fireplaces and private patios with views of the towering crimson cliffs. The 70-acre resort offers guests more than 100 activities each week including hiking, mountain biking, tennis,cooking classes, arts and crafts, and Native American programs. Resort guests enjoy exclusive access to Mii amo, a destination spa, consistently ranked among the world's best, and Seven Canyons golf club for 18 holes of golf with stunning views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Preferred Hotels so you can book your Enchantment Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchantment Hotel Sedona
- Enchantment Hotel And Mii Amo
- Enchantment Resort And Mii Amo