“I'd give Enchantment 6 dots if I could”
Review of Enchantment Resort

Enchantment Resort
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have been using TripAdvisor for 6 years but i just didn't post BUT I have to rave about the Enchantment Resort. I have never stayed at a place that was so into detail. From when you drive in at the gate-the gentleman acted like he was waiting for me and was thrilled I was there- to where you check in outside, immediately given a detail tour of the grounds in a golf cart driven by a handsome young man....all bell men were handsome. We were shown to our room that simply delighted us starting at the rugged front door, past the most comfortable beds, to living room furniture with gorgeous pillows, facing a fireplace on your way to your own patio with a breathtaking view. Wow, what a way to start a day, fresh brewed coffee with real cream, not that power stuff, looking at the sun lite red rocks. A deer with her two babies walked right past our patio and stopped.
The bathroom was heavenly. Deepest tub I have ever been in. So deep you could wash your hair and not have to get into the 4 person shower. I had read about the soap and to my delight, it was simply fantastic that match the equally fantastic robes. We had been on a road trip and stayed in a lot of higher end hotels and no one had as nice robes as the Enchantment. It was just glorious.
As we were driving to the Enchantment we were grumbling a little that it was so far out (7 miles). Wow, we're we wrong. After we got there we did not want to leave. We ate all 3 dinners at the 2nd level dining area. The food was absolutely delicious and creative. But what was also amazing was the view from where we sat outside under the twinkling stars and crackling fireplace, eating dinner. If you would have heard us you would have thought we never got off the farm.
The pool is amazing, they give you water, with lemon even if you don't order a drink. There is even a fire pit at the pool. The spa is spectacular. So zen. I had a hard time sleeping in because I didn't want to miss a minute of just being there. The Enchantment has all these separate little areas where you could just hang out. You can play chess, play croquet, sit in overstuffed leather chairs and just gaze at the view that never seemed to get old to look at.
The breakfast buffet was excellent. I love bacon. It seems wherever you go everyone has the same bacon. Not here, it was off the charts. I normally try to keep it to 2-3 strips, one day I had 6. The fire roasted salsa was the best salsa I've had anywhere and went so well with the light fluffy eggs.
Even the gift shop thrilled me. I got 2 pairs of the most gorgeous sandals, a great jacket, etched stemware and rock wine stopper. It was hard to keep control.
As you walk around the grounds they have peaceful Native American music. Just a hint, set the mood not to really listen too.
Trust me I'm not hiker but the trail to the Enchainment's very own -everyone can go but it is right on the grounds- vortex. Some "people" say they are 1000s of vortex yet some say 3. It felt pretty cool to have your own vortex.
I went on a Pink Jeep Tour - extremely bumpy - and even my tour guy was impressed that I was staying at then Enchantment. He said everyone who stays there are always very pleased. He said the they have the top two restaurants in Sedona.
We had a little issue with nature, not the Enchainment's fault but Kathleen and the staff bent over backwards to make our fabulous stay uninterrupted.
Since I have been home I have been practically stopping people on the streets telling them to go to Sedona and stay at the Enchantment Resort. I never stay in a place twice, love new experiences but I can't wait to go back. I'd love to spend at least a week.
Thank you Kathleen, thank you Enchantment Resorts.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank JanePhillips

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Absolutely the best vacation we ever had. The entire experience was frst class from the gatehouse to the room service. Our casita was beautiful, the location stunning and service beyond anything we have ever expeirenced.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice ash for a room further uphill
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed October 7, 2012

If you're looking for the BEST in Sedona, don't miss Enchantment Resort. If you can't afford to stay there, at least splurge on a meal -burgers at lunch or a romantic dinner meal on the patio. The view of the canyon is beyond compare, the food and sevice are 2nd to none in Sedona. (Heaters and complimentary blankets make for a beautiful experience on a chily night). The peacefulness of Boynton Canyon will "sell" anyone on loving Sedona!!!! It is worth the drive out of town to find this gem.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz N
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Absolutely loved Sedona. The Enchantment resort is a few miles out of town in a secluded canyon with the most spectacular views. We chose this location & resort for the amenities (spa, restaurants, activities, room with kitchen/laundry). The room we had was fantastic #155 as it had all that we were looking for. Since we drove to AZ from CA, we had our own underground parking which was very helpful for loading and unloading. The room/sitting area/bathroom was in excellent condition however the appliances (refridge, laundry, dishwasher etc) were OLD and probably should be replaced because they were not functioning at their best. This was one of their pricer rooms (+$800/night) and for that I expected everything to be "top notch" as I had found with other rooms like this in other locations. So that was a little disappointing. Also the pillows in the rooms were again, VERY old crumbled foam. I had to call 2x to get them replaced. They finally came on the 3rd call and replaced them with all new WONDERFUL pillows so when you do call, they respond. The spa was really amazing and I can see why a lot of people come here to totally chill and use the spa. It really was great. However I wanted to enjoy more strenuous activities and there was only 1 on offer - Mountain Biking and that was FANTASTIC. George is an amazing instructor. I was SO nervous but he helped me SO much and I HIGHLY recommend trying this great sport with him. Beware - it's challenging, but if you are going to try it, there is no one better to try it with. I cannot say enough good words about him. The other classes were too short and too tame (hatha yoga - meh) as I was looking for at least 1 ashtanga yoga class. Never fear we did find one in town at "Hot Yoga" just down the road. So all it all I got everything out of the trip I had hoped with a bit of improvising. I would say that Enchantment is a PERFECT place to "chill" if that is what you are seeking. I only used the spa once for a great massage but I saw so many people there getting treatments and my massage therapist said that is what most people come for.

Room Tip: #155 is great location, large with kitchen/sitting area/a joining room if you need it/laundry etc.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chakra123
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Heard about this through friends who stayed several years ago. Resort has been refurbished and updated. It is out from town and generally self contained. A beautiful setting. Customer service is unbelievably great. Whole staff is on target. Stayed in a king junior casita, beautifully outfitted. Restaurants excellent food but slightly overpriced, but what the heck you are at a first class place. Service five star. Pool area all new, with attentive pool personel. Wished we had stayed longer. Did a day trip to Grand Canyon reviewed elsewhere. Sedona is a place you need to experience for the aura and beauty.

Room Tip: Ask to be closer to main pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beachpanther
Reviewed October 3, 2012

There is not a better location in Sedona than the Enchantment resort. Located in a canyon it provides beautiful and peaceful surroundings. There is hiking close by and an outstanding spa. The rooms have recently been remodeled and they are better than ever. I have been there over 20 times and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are located higher up and require a short walk up the hill but they are worth the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank kswba
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the ideal place to get away and relax with friends, spouse or if you are on a journey alone. The setting is breath taking, the resort is well maintained and the staff are the most courtesy and attentive you will ever meet. Activities are abundant and spa treatments are just delicious. You will never want to leave!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends