“My husband and I LOVE The Enchanment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Enchantment Resort

Enchantment Resort
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Mesa, AZ
“My husband and I LOVE The Enchanment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

My review is LONG overdue! We stayed at the Enchantment in June of 2010. 1st I need to give a big THANK YOU to Courtney, a Reservations Specialist, who worked with us to make the perfect arrangements. Outstanding service provided by Courtney!
Now on to the Resort:
1) unbelievable views - be sure your room has one tho!
2) wonderful hiking without leaving the resort
3) fabulous pool/spa area (dated at the time - but my understanding it has since been renovated)
4) all activities included in the price - tennis, spa/pool, etc
5) onsite restaurant and one in the spa
Summary - this is one of the most magical resorts I have ever been to. I have never felt more relaxed in my life time. I HIGHLY recommend staying here at least once in yours. Even tho we own a timeshare which DOES NOT include this resort, we will pay out of pocket again to stay here.
(side note: I had to bogus out the date on this page since the date we truly stayed was not available, the drop down doesn't go back to June 2010)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
  • Korean first
orlland,florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I have traveled around the world and stayed in some of the finest places and Enchantment would definitely be placed high on our list of favorites. I researched our hotel choices in the area and was torn between Enchantment and L' Auberege. I am so happy I chose this incredible property especially after I viewed L' Auberege's location directly behind the tourist strip. Nothing could compare with the beauty of this resort. It was so peaceful and quiet, yet not so far away from shopping and other dining choices. We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived.No matter where we went in the resort the entire staff made us feel like it was their goal to make us happy. We had room service for breakfast every morning which was always prompt and very delicious. We also ate in both Tii Gavo and Che Ah Chi and the food and service were out of this world. Our junior suite was located in casita #76 which I requested ahead of time because I read on this site that it had awesome views and that was held to be more than true. We enjoyed having drinks on our patio admiring the incredible views. I mentioned it was our anniversary when I made the reservation and to our surprise the first evening we were delivered champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I could go on and on about our memorable stay. Kind of sad but after we left Enchantment we went to the Boulders a Waldorf property for a couple of nights and we were disappointed because it seemed sub standard after staying at Enchantment.

3 Thank golfinggal4
Ambler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Lovely setting nestled in the red rocks of Sedona. Pool is nice and open 24 hours. Had a lovely casita with lots of room for family of five, and paid a hefty price for it.
Room had a kitchenette which we did not take full advantage of, with only a two night stay. If you can, best to stay here three nights, use the kitchenette, and save some money for other activities.
Did a red rocks balloon tour, which was fun.
Restaurants and service were so-so. Breakfast could have used an omelette station with buffet. Buffet sub-par compared to similar resorts. Dinner in casual restaurant was OK; great setting with just regular food.
Service at poolside was not adequate. Last day of trip was to be total relaxation after grand Canyon and early morning ballon ride. I couldn't get anyone to wait on me. Got a menu, but no one came back to take an order. Had to get up and go to the bar myself--not exactly a tough trip but the idea was one day of pampering. You'd think at 6.50 plus tip for a smoothie, they would have been at my beckon.

They also have a spa for 16 and over. If you really like new-age stuff, skip this part of the review. You could aquasize for the low price of $150. Better yet, you can do a past-life regression for $290. We brought the spa services book home for comic relief. The spa facilility is a nice place; if you like this sort of thing, more power to you.

Overall, a nice resort in a great setting. If you have three days or more, probably worth the extra expense. With just two days, try the Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a very beautiful resort spread over 80 acres (so be prepared to walk a lot, bring a nice big hat, lots of sunscreen and water!). We had a junior suite with a stunning view of the Red Rock mountains. The room was in perfect condition, and very well appointed (with Keurig coffee maker in the room), huge bathroom, with shower and large tub. Nice little balcony with comfortable chairs. We never went to the main pool, we just went used the pool at the spa (nice and quiet, albeit very sunny). Service at the pool was slow, but when they came, the were very nice. This resort is about 15-20 minutes past the town of Sedona (took about 1.5hrs to get to Sedona from Phoenix, but another 20 minutes to get from the Eastern edge of Sedona to the hotel). So If I were planning to do some hiking, I'd arrive in the morning, do some of the hikes on the East side of Sedona, and arrive at the hotel for check-in time (3-4pm?), and hit the spa pool. That evening we did a short hike (20 minutes) to the spiral which you can see from the hotel, the next morning we got up early and did the Boynton Canyon hike. It was great, the trail was not overly busy (I think we saw 3-4 hiking groups going up, and 8-10 coming back).

The first impression of the hotel started off really well, we were greeted at the gate, and then given a map to find the main lobby. It would have been nice if they had some signs, I had to look in doors until I found a group of workers, and asked them where the check-in was (it was there). I would have thought they would have radio'd from the gate house and someone would have been there to greet us, but that didn't happen. Check-in seemed very clumsy, and certainly not my experience at other 5 star resorts. First impression was going downhill fast (the scenery was magnificent though). The Bellman was great, and very informative, so they were recovering! We were only there for a night, but next time we'll stay for 2 or 3.

Tip: I booked online so I didn't know you were supposed to call in and book the events well in advance. We were not able to do any of the events we wanted since they were all full. So go online find the calendar of daily events (which is very good btw, everything from cooking classes to fitness classes and hikes).

1 Thank TheCriticalTraveller
Baldwin Place
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Since we couldn't afford to stay at Enchantment we decided to stop by for drinks on their outdoor deck and enjoy the sunset. And it was well worth it. The deck sits just beneath some beautiful redrock formations. I got some of my best photos of the red rocks right from the restaurant. The margaritas are delicious as well. After drinks and watching the sunset, we had dinner at Dahl & Deluca's, an amazing Italian restaurant on Rt 89A.

Room Tip: Great place to enjoy a drink and sunset
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Nestled into the mountains, beautiful place. Very comfortable rooms with patios. Keurig coffee makers, orange delivered with paper to your door, and bottled water left in the room daily were some of the special touches. Close to several hikes, a couple of pools and a wonderful spa.
Only negative for me was the drive into town was a little long with the low speed limit of mostly 25-35.

Room Tip: Seems to me all the rooms would be great.
1 Thank havefuntoday14
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is a very upscale resort set in the midst of the beautiful red cliffs of Sedona. The resort is located a few miles outside Sedona itself, so a car is almost a necessity. We were traveling with a tour group and were treated royally during our two night stay at The Enchantment Resort. Our room (casita) was top notch, the spa (with 2 pools) was perfect, and we had good food in the restaurant located in the main lodge. Be aware, though, that the resort is spread out and requires a bit of walking. Or you can call for the little golf cart & driver, who will speedily deliver you to where you need to go if walking is an issue. There is a third pool in the main lodge and also hiking trails near the resort. The staff were all very pleasant and courteous.

I'm not looking to find fault, but I would like to mention that at night it can be quite dark outside and therefore challenging to navigate your way back to your casita -- there is a flashlight in the room, so take it with you if you're returning after dark. Or call for the speedy little golf cart. :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends