“Beautiful setting”

Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Jupiter, Florida
“Beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

We came to Sedona for an anniversary trip. It couldn't have been better. Our room was beautiful and clean. It was such a nice touch to have OJ and a newspaper every morning. All of the staff was wonderful. The setting was amazing with Boynton Canyon on 3 sides. The activities available were great. There was mountain biking, hiking, pitch and putt golf tennis, pools, fitness classes, and educational classes all included in the resort fee. It was nice being outside of the main tourist part of town. We met people who come to the spa year after year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Korean first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

On a recent 6 day trip through Arizona, my girlfriend and I decided to splurge and spend one night at Enchantment on the last day of our trip. I had not heard about the resort but read the outstanding write-up in Frommers, perused the website, and it sounded nice. After spending one day and night here I have to say this probably the nicest hotel and resort I have ever stayed. The resort is in a absolutely stunning canyon about 8 minutes outside of Sedona.

As we pulled in the gated entry to the resort the guard asked our name and we drove to check-in where we were immediately greeted by name by a bellhop of sorts and by name again at the front desk. A small but personal touch. We were introduced to Dev who was to show us the resort features and also take us to our room. Dev was outstanding, and cheerfully and thoroughly walked us through the features of the resort, reviewing different options we may want to consider. Dev put our bags on a golf cart and had us follow in our car to our room where he reviewed the features for the room for us in a helpful but not at all overbearing kind of way. Dev, like all employees at Enchantment, seems to geniunely love working here and making guests experience a special one.

We had a king bed room which was spacious and had a wonderful patio looking into the canyon - a remarkable view and my sense is every room here has one. The bathroom was one of the best hotel bathrooms I have seen, with tasteful marble, duel sinks, and a separate stand-up shower and bath tub. The bed was exceptionally comfortable with very high quality linens. Turn-down service came that evening.

We decided to spend some time at the Mii amo spa, which is included in the resort fee. Wow. Its a separate complex and short walk from the rooms. We decided to have a meal by the pool and enjoyed exquisite food by a beautiful and uncrowded pool. The pool was lovely and was complemented by another indoor pool that was likewise very nice (I swam in both). The locker room was remarkable in its decor and style and had a sauna, steam room, and hot tub - all worth trying - and I did.

For dinner, we were quite satisfied by our meal by the pool, we decided to go the bar at the main building where they have a stunning terrace giving unbelievable red rock views on comfy sofa-like chairs. We enjoyed great service and drinks here.

I should add the gift shop was quite nice - with many unique and one-of-kind items - as my girlfriend bought some tasteful jewerly and gift items here.

My only regret is my wish we did not book more time at Enchantment. We are already discussing our return trip to Sedona so we can simply experience this wonderful resort. for more than one night. After many years of travelling through the U.S. and Europe a new bar has been set for me for in hotel and resort travel - Enchantment is simply the finest I have visited. I look forward to my return visit.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We dropped in here after 4 days on the road from Michigan to our new home in North Scottsdale.
I can't add anymore descriptions to describe this place, but I will add my two cents worth.. The grounds are absolutely manicured, the staff is personable and very attentive and the whole mood of the place is, "slow down".
I bought my wife a half day at the spa for her to be pampered and primped by the staff... she is still raving about her "treatment' a day later.
This place offers an "off-season" rate that makes it very appealing and most affordable. It's also a great way to unwind and de-road after a long trip.
Oh, the first evening there we sat on on the patio, sipped a Prickly Pear (skinny) margarita while watching a beautiful thunderstorm rumble down the valley - god, does it get any better then that?
Everything else - food, amenities and and setting is just first class all the way!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We traveled to the Enchantment Resort Sedona for our 15th anniversary. The Mii Amo spa was just what we wanted. No kids, excellent service, excellent food, and all the beauty and quiet we could ask for. Can't wait to go back!

West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed at the Enchantment Resort in July 2011 and had a wonderful experience. We stayed in a king casita which seemed to be newly renovated, with a beautiful large bathroom, a large flat screen tv, a Bose docking station/speakers for our ipod, and a Keurig coffeemaker. Everything was very clean, which to me, is one of the most important qualities I look for in a hotel. Everyone we came into contact with at both the resort and the spa was incredibly nice and helpful. The spa itself was gorgeous and relaxing. My only complaint was the food prices at both restaurants and the cafe ($8 for chips and salsa? really?????); if the food was exceptional, the prices might be acceptable, but the food was just good...nothing great. that said, I would recommend the Enchantment Resort and Mii Amo spa to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

What a great place! Beautiful resort in the most amazing setting, with staff who seem to really care, who want to please and who go out of their way to make this the best experience of your life.
Very expensive, but worth every cent. And if you're into spas and "harmony" Mi Amo is like no other! You can spend a week and never run out of options and things to do.

• Stayed July 2011
Mesa, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

For a business retreat or pleasure, the Enchantment cannot be beat. It is the most setting in the world. Service was impeccable and the spa divine. HA! I sound like an advertiser. But really, the Enchantment is one of the few things that make me proud to be an Arizonan!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business