“I don't understand the glowing reviews”
Review of Enchantment Resort

Enchantment Resort
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Long Beach, CA
“I don't understand the glowing reviews”
Reviewed March 21, 2011

The setting is gorgeous but even our suite was tired, with old furnishings and fixtures, frayed sheets, ancient televisions, and a dated feel. Food at the more casual of the two restaurants was okay, but the atmosphere was cheap and rushed. I simply couldn't believe that this was one of the leading hotels of the world. It was overrun with children, and had a staff that looked and acted tired and overworked. This place is living off its great reviews, which must be written by people who don't notice detail and are wowed by very little. If I return to the area, I'll stay at l'auberge. It can only be an improvement.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank tropicsfan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Korean first
Arlington, Va
Reviewed March 21, 2011

You can't go wrong with this place. Be sure to make use of Mi Ammo spa and the hiking trails behind the resort. Use white top transportation to take you off the resort at night so you can have some drinks and not worry about the drive back through the rocks.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hood River, Oregon
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I went to Enchantment for my birthday with my mother and sisters. From the moment we arrived, we were delighted. The scenery was incredible - towering red rock cliffs against the blue sky. Our casita was so luxurious: huge, comfortable beds, bathrooms with marble countertops and beautiful showers, two outdoor decks (one with a grill) a living room with a fireplace, flat screen TVs in each bedroom, iPod docking stations, and a kitchen with all the amenities. The staff had left a delicious bottle of cabernet for me for my birthday, too, which we took over to the bar at Mii Amo to drink one evening.

I would have been happy to just hang out in our casita for the four days we were there, but there was so much to do at Enchantment and Mii Amo that we got up each day by 7:00 and were out the door at 8:00. The guided hike and mountain bike ride from Mii Amo were perfect. We also took a yoga class, a qi gong class, and participated in some of the lectures and classes.

Everyone we encountered at the resort and spa was friendly and helpful. Scot, who did the vortex walk and lecture, was especially outstanding.

The food was delicious, especially at Mii Amo where we had lunch and dinner.

My only complaint was that when I got a massage at Mii Amo, I felt like it was more of an assembly line and less of a personal service. My massage therapist was very efficient and seemed to be eager to get done with me and get on to the next person. That said, it was still a very good massage.

I would recommend Enchantment to anyone looking for a top of the line experience.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank BBBear15
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed March 7, 2011

So much to do at the Enchantment Resort. You must plan and ahead and book activities in advance.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffrey S
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed March 5, 2011

What a swell place to celebrate a birthday - beautiful, relaxing and with a host of very attentive associates! Upon arrival (and departure) Jenna and Lisa at the front desk made my wife and me feel very welcome and special. As did our bellman, Philip, who's been with Enchantment for eleven years. Then there were all the associates at the spa - Mii amo - too many to name and who anyway went about their work subtly. And Robert, our server in Tii Gavo, made sure my birthday dinner was memorable. Everything was perfect! And very much appreciated.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stayed at the Enchantment resort in early February and even though my stay was just under 24 hours long, I couldn't have been more pleased. We had a junior suite right near the spa and it was so quiet and peaceful there. The room was amazing with a fireplace in the sitting area and a terrace with so much greenery. The bathroom was perfection and the bed was so comfortable. All of the staff members were very pleasant and professional. We have breakfast in the Yavapai restaurant; even if the food had been awful the views made up for it. However, the food was just as fantastic!

The property itself is immaculate and there are so many activities; tennis, swimming, hiking, and the spa is outstanding. We went to the spa after checking out and even though the weather was not super warm, the heated outdoor pool was just right for swimming in. I felt like i reach out and touch the red rocks as they were so close and magnificent. Inside the spa there is a beautiful indoor pool and many lounge areas to relax and read. Inside the change rooms I would recommend relaxing in the steam rooms and then dining in restaurant at the end of the hall.

Overall the resort is gorgeous and I can't wait to return for a longer visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank spwinaz
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband, my son and I stayed two nights at the Enchantment Resort (February 11th and 12th). We will always remember this beatiful place. During our stay, everything was world class (the service, the food, the views). We will always remember this magical place and would definitely recommend this resort (and the awe-inspiring Sedona ) to everybody!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family