“Desert Quail Inn, Sedona” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Desert Quail Inn

Desert Quail Inn
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Deerlijk
“Desert Quail Inn, Sedona”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good motel, quiet location close to all places of interest. Staff helpful and friendly.
Clean room with convenient amenities.
Internet connection working perfectly, good price/quality rate, couldn't expect more.

Room Tip: No elevator, those who don't like carrying baggage upstairs better ask for room on ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights in Room 408 and had a great time. The location south of Sedona proper in Oak Creek was a plus to us. We were close to some great hiking trails and there was everything we needed right close by - gas stations, restaurants and a nice grocery store right behind the motel. Our room (408) was very large and beautifully decorated. The entire property looks like it was recently rennovated with fresh paint everywhere and the room was great. We had a king bed and a sleeper sofa, a desk, a fireplace(!), refridgerator, microwave, ironing board/iron, hair dryer, coffee maker - I really can't think of anything we lacked.

We used this as a base for exploring the area - two days at the Grand Canyon (an easy 2 hour drive away), Flagstaff, Horseback riding in Mormon Lake, hiking around Sedona, Pink Jeep tour, etc. Having the fridge and microwave meant we could stock up on water and food stuff plus make our own Starbucks coffee in the room, all from the convenient IGA store next door.

The management was friendly and helpful and the room was clean and restocked each day. We had considered resort options in the area that cost 3X as much but decided on the Desert Quail Inn based on TripAdvisor recommendations and I am glad we did. We not only saved some money but had an above average room to enjoy. We have stayed in places much more expensive than this and had a lot less room to show for it.

The only "complaint" was the laundry facility was out of order. The owner explained this was due to the recent change over from propane to natural gas and the dryer wasn't set up for natural gas yet. He did offer to let us wash the clothes in the washer and use their commercial dryer for drying but we ended up just making the trip to a laundromat. Not a big deal and likely corrected by the time I am writing this.

Highly recommend the Desert Quail Inn and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor may be quieter and rooms on the south side top floor off some nice views to t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert R
Tempe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We just returned from a short trip to Prescott and over to Sedona before heading back to Phoenix. My husband is a golfer and I like to shop and spa. We knew we weren't going to be spending much time in the hotel room. We have previously stayed at the Hilton Golf Resort. I priced it out and it was $100 more than the Desert Quail Inn. After reading the reviews here, we decided to use our hotel savings on a wonderful dinner at Dahl and Dilucas instead. So glad we did. The service was very friendly. The rooms were super clean. The soaps and lotions were great. Sure, it's not a resort with resort amenities. But why spend the extra bucks if you don't need to. I used to be the type who had to stay in the top of the line resorts. What a waste of money when you can stay in a motel like this with beds so comfortable it's unbelievable. Our only regret was that we didn't bring our own pillows with us. We are fussy about those and don't like the big foam ones that they supply. Other than that the stay was perfect. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the heart of town from there, but it is about 1 minute to the Sedona Golf Resort where I took advantage of the spa while my husband golfed. Great choice! We didn't use the pool but it looked nice and clean.

Room Tip: We always choose a top floor room. Then you don't hear any footsteps. Personal choice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is run very well with friendly service and easy access to everything around Sedona. We had adjoining rooms with a child and found the hotel to be relatively soundproof and comfortable. We liked the staff - easy check in and out with a smile! Great restaurant just next door.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms for family work very well. First floor rooms were not noisy even though people occup...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My mom and I stayed here for 4 nights during Easter Break. It is a little ways (6-7 miles) from downtown Sedona, but it is away from all the crazy traffic and it has some great places to eat very close by. Miley's Cafe had a huge inexpensive menu and Red Rock Cafe is a must for breakfast, both very close by (Red Rock Cafe is right behind the hotel). We had a two queen room that was clean and comfy. The bathroom counter area is massive so it was perfect for two women and then the toilet and shower are in their own little room. The pool was being re-done while we were there so we missed out, but hopefully it was ready to go for the summer season. If you are interested in doing some of the Indian ruins like Montezuma's Castle, the Desert Quail is actually closer to the highway to get there than downtown Sedona, so for some attractions you are actually better off distance wise. The only thing I didn't really like was the bedding- I think the blanket was one of those old almost foam type kinds. This was minor though and with most resorts charging several hundred a night and this going for under a hundred a night, I'd rather save my money for food and shopping and just have somewhere clean and quiet to lay my head at night. If you want to me RIGHT in the middle of the action stay in downtown Sedona; if quiet, less traffic, value, and the basics are more important to you, this is your place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the reviews here and other sites. Location is close to very close to Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte. You are around 15 minutes from the main Sedona tourist area, so it is real close for your daily exploration.

It was not a disappointment. Our room on the ground level was the large Luxury Suite, 1 King Bed, Jetted Tub, sitting area with pull out bed, fireplace, etc. The pictures on the Web site are accurate ! All the stuff you need to have a comfy stay. Convenient location to good restaurants, coffee shops and some shopping. I have to mention that the A/C was very quiet even during the night (one of my pet peeves if you read my reviews .... ). Price was just right for the room type. We travel with our 14 yr old son, so the pull out sofa bed was not very comfortable (as the all are not !), but he was happy because WI-FI was fast !!!

We had a great stay and I will recommend this hotel & location for your post while visiting Sedona.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor .... we had some kids stumping and running on top of our room that de...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had a great experience at the Desert Quail Inn a few weeks ago. I was there for one night and stayed in a King Standard room for around $90, tax included. My room was quite large and very clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had a great night's sleep. Room comes with some bath products, a hair dryer, a coffee maker, and a refrigerator (which was perfect, since I had leftovers from a restaurant). There's a small pool, which unfortunately I didn't have a chance to use, but I did go to the gym next door. It's not affiliated with the inn in any way, but it's right next door and you can get a day pass for $15 (note: the gym manager doesn't arrive until 8 AM, so don't arrive too early). I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo