“The beds are divine!”
Review of Desert Quail Inn

Desert Quail Inn
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The Desert Quail has been updated and the rooms are pleasant. The location is convenient to all that Sedona has to offer. The best part about the hotel are the beds! They're so comfortable that I didn't move at all while slept. I woke up eight hours later in the same position and feeling refreshed and well rested. My only minor complaint is that there is no continental breakfast provided by the hotel, but there are many wonderful places to grab a bite nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,312)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I researched non-resort hotels in Sedona through Trip Advisor and AAA, and found good specifics on Desert Quail. I made reservation by phone with very personable Heather. Prompt email with accurate confirmation information. At arrival, I was greeted by very helpful person who made good suggestions about places to eat, and provided cards from restaurants, with discounts. Room was very clean, well-equipped - refrigerator and microwave and flat screen TV. Nice linens. Quiet. Only thing I would change is I don't like foam mattress tops. I know they're considered "luxury" but they're too warm and too soft for me. But that's a minor detail. I would definitely stay again at Desert Quail and will recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChengduGirl
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Desert Quail while hiking in the Sedona area. A travel information guide was trying to convince us to stay in another accomodation for double the price. I'm glad we found our own accomodation as there was nothing else that we needed.
We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and the amenities it had, including a fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable which is a "must" for us. The room was clean, quiet and inviting.
The pool area, although smaller was perfect after hiking in the hot hills. There are plenty of options to eat in the area and it was nice not to be right in downtown Sedona.
We would not hesitate to stay at the Desert Quail again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mi4Sons
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family recently stayed here for two nights while touring around Sedona. We were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the hotel, as well as how nicely the rooms had been remodeled. The rooms were also a good size - four of us stayed there and did not feel cramped at all. The front desk staff, including the owner, were very friendly and made us feel welcome. This hotel is about a 10 minute drive from Sedona, so keep that in mind when you book, but that never bothered us. This property is a huge bargain for the money - for the quality of the rooms I would expect to pay at least 25% more than what we did.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We recently stayed here for one night while we were traveling with anouther couple from the Grand Canyon to the Phoenix area and wanted to spend a half day hiking around the Sedona area.

We arrived mid-evening to no one available at the front desk -- someone arrived a few minutes later, but I did expect a slightly warmer welcome, since we did not get an apology for the wait, but were instead told first that we were not allowed to use the same credit card for two rooms. This was not a large issue, but as the rooms had been pre-paid online, it created a bit of confusion and concern regarding being charged twice, etc. (In the end, we were not). The rooms were quite large, had all of the amenities you would expect from a larger chain hotel, and more expensive properties. The pool was kept very clean and looked inviting although we did not swim while we were there. Also, the location is near restaurants, stores and pharmacies, so we were able to get anything we needed nearby for the next day.

For the price, the Desert Quail Inn cannot be beat -- and I would've rated it 5 stars if not for the slightly unwelcoming welcome.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived in Desert Quail Inn on our way to the Grand Canyon. A warm welcome, a large, spotless room, a flat screen tv and what the hubby especially appreciates, a comfortable bed. In the summertime when it's really hot we liked the pool and the fridge in the room to keep our drinks cold. There was a gas station to get snacks and drinks just across the road. A nice cafe Red Rock was behind the motel for breakfast. Wonderful view of the Red Rocks on our morning and evening walks. What more could you ask for?

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TiittaLohja_Finland
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed there for three nights.. it was wonderful the room was clean and smelled fresh. I am a non smoker and it was such a great feeling to walk into my room and there was NO smell of smoke :) The owner was such a gentleman and his staff was warm and friendly always said hello and was quick to help you in anyway. The sheet were clean and fresh the bathroom ... WOW !! NO dirt anywhere .. the floors were clean and the Tub !! I would defiantly stay here again. Thank you for a wonderful stay :)

Fawn ( Houston Tx )

Room Tip: I HEARD nothing from my next door neighbors .. any room would be great ..