“Basic hotel in a good location”

GreenTree Inn Sedona
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Eagan, Minnesota
“Basic hotel in a good location”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here one night and chose it since it was one of the least expensive places in the area. Four walls and a bed to sleep. Nothing fancy or special, very basic hotel but it works for the price. It did have a fridge and microwave which I feel can be harder to find these days. I would recommend this place for the lower price, but you could honestly spend $30-50 more and stay somewhere twice as nice. Definitely paying for the location. The staff was neither friendly or unfriendly. Didn't have the breakfast because I read reviews about this place before hand, instead we went up the road to the 'the coffee pot' for breakfast which was amazing! well worth paying for your food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara G
Ken F, Manager at GreenTree Inn Sedona, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Days Inn Sedona. We are pleased that you enjoyed our wonderful location and found us to be a good value in Sedona's very pricey lodging market.

As I am very likely somewhat more familiar with the wide array of hospitality options here in Sedona than you I hope you will not take offence when I say that your suggestion that one "could honestly spend $30-50 more and stay somewhere twice as nice" is not at all correct.

We are very nearly on the lowest rung of the affordability ladder, particularly considering our in town location. Virtually all of our price competitors are in the Village of Oak Creek which is not Sedona proper. The next rung up in price comparison would be close to twice our rates but I would not characterize them as "twice as nice." To be sure, there are much fancier hotels and resorts, some in far more exclusive locations than we but they are for the most part 3, 4, and even 5 times our very reasonable rates.

And that is why, dollar for dollar, we consider ourselves to be Sedona's Best Lodging Value.

Thank you once again and best wishes!

ken.daysinnsedona@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tucson
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel is quite old, musty smelling and dirty. There were questionable "stains" on the rugs, the bathroom mirror was around a window right over the sink (to shave you had to lean R or L), the towels were thread bare and smelly, the room completely outdated. This will not be a place where we would ever stay again or recommend and to be truthful-we will not stay at a Days Inn again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ken F, Manager at GreenTree Inn Sedona, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Sir,

Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinion and all of the adjectives used in your review are very subjective ones. With well over 400 reviews and a solid 4 "bubble" rating I can only respond that your description of our property is a very small minority view.

As I recall you complimented us on our customer service at least twice and I wish you would have mentioned that as well as that which you found unsatisfactory. Further, I wish you would have put it more to the test as you had two opportunities to do so.

If you found your room so lacking (presumably from the moment you opened the door) you could have returned to the front desk and we would have, of course, checked you out with a full refund and best wishes. There are 44 other hotels in town.

Your second opportunity was when I personally checked you out. I ask every guest how there experience with us was and you had nothing negative to say at that time. If you had voiced your complaints to me in person I assure you I would have asked how I might at least somewhat rectify things.

All of this having been said, I am sorry you did not find your stay with us to be up to your standards and wish you the best of luck.

Minden, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This place could not have been better for me. The staff was so helpful and friendly, the room was ideal, the price was right, and there was a good selection at breakfast given that the hotel doesn't have a kitchen. I was really impressed with the obvious care that the manager, Ken Falsetto, takes to make sure that people have a great stay at his establishment. I loved Sedona and will go back, and I will be staying at the Days Inn when I go. Would I recommend the Days Inn Sedona? Absolutely! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ken F, Manager at GreenTree Inn Sedona, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Sometimes our best reviews present me with a very pleasant quandary.... what to add?

We thank you, of course, for your very generous 5 star review and most of all for your promise to return. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the effort that we make, from our groundskeeper, maintenance and housekeeping, to of course our front desk, staff, to do all we can to insure that your stay with us in beautiful Sedona will be clean, comfortable and lack for nothing that it is within our power to provide.

We love our Canadian guests and feel, after you've come all this way, and chosen us out of the 45 lodging choices available to you, the least we can do is our very best to provide the genuine hospitality you have every right to expect.

Incidentally, I am Canadian by birth, born in Windsor, Ontario. But then too my wife is a Brit so I have a soft spot for those from the UK as well :)

Thanks again for the wonderful review and helping to share the word (in so many words). We agree with you!

Days Inn Sedona is Sedona's Best Lodging Value