“Fantastic stay”
Review of Slide Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Slide Rock Lodge
Ranked #19 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I got married at Slide Rock and stayed at this cozy family orientated motel some 12 years ago and wanted to go back on our trip out West. Andy and Joanne...the owners...were as cordial as ever and made our stay fantastic. Now...if you're looking for a motel with lots of trimmings, this isn't it...this is a down to earth motel run by a neat couple who will do anything to make your stay enjoyable....complete with fireplaces in most rooms...it's rustic...but the perfect place for a secluded getaway. We love it...and will happily return the next time we head west...there's no swimming pool or fitness center....but who needs one in Oak Creek Canyon...with its beautiful walking paths...and a trout filled stream across the road!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack B

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rarely do you meet people who have SO clearly made the wrong career choice but the owners of the Slide Rock Lodge have done so. If you are one of the people who got lucky and were treated with some basic human kindness then count your blessings this time but stay far away in the future. I wish I had researched more carefully before ever stepping foot on this property. I cannot think of a single demographic that can count on being treated well at this lodge. The property is not thriving under their care, their "guests" have to take their chances on the mood and whim of the owners for a kindness. Makes you wonder what they are doing to their beautiful surroundings that can't speak for itself if they treat everything else so poorly. Their rates may be reasonable for Oak Creek, but please, please, please think about how you want the money you work hard for to be used. Do you really want it to go to people who are so bad at what they do? To the owners, seriously, think about getting your license in taxidermy or embalming where you don't have to be around living beings. To those beings who are no longer living, sorry to sic these people on you, you really do deserve much better

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Rhonda H
Reviewed October 12, 2013

To be successful in the hospitality business, one must be hospitable. After being a part of a four car collision on 89A, we turned into the "lovely" Slide Rock Lodge in order to get off the busy highway and exchange information. With no cell service in the canyon to call an officer for a report, we kindly asked the owner if we could use his phone. We were met immediately with a "Get off our property now You cannot stay here!" His reasoning? He had guests and we were taking up valuable parking spots. I understand. However, there was a total of two cars in the entire parking lot and the entire hour we were there waiting for the officer, one car pulled up and parked in one of the many spots. The owner's wife got mixed up and it essentially turned into an argument with the owner's berating us saying we have to get off the property. What if I had been a potential guest? Regardless, I never will be after their lack of compassion, understanding and hospitality. I firmly believe we made his ghost town of a lodge look exciting with more people and cars on his property. If you ever intend on staying here, understand the owner's hospitality only runs as deep as your wallet.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MandEm622
Reviewed October 12, 2013

NEVER STAY HERE. The owners of this joint are callous, mean, and rude to all their customers. They could care less about your comfort, your feelings, or anything other than the money that they could get from you. During our stay we not only felt personally affected by their poor attitude but we firsthand watched them treat about eight different people with varying degrees of inconsiderate comments and actions. Add this poor service into the dirty rooms, thin walls, and constant traffic noise and I would say this is the worst hotel in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Emily W
Reviewed August 11, 2013

After reading the negative reviews and then staying at the Lodge, I decided to write my own. My husband, son, and I were looking to get out of the heat of Phoenix. We've never been to Sedona but wanted to - it was great. We were out of the way - out of cell coverage - very small tv but the location is great - quick enough to run into Sedona to eat or drive to the Out of Africa wildlife park which we also did. It's very simple but it was very clean. I want my son to understand that constant access and constant connection isn't always the best. We slowed down and spent a fun weekend together. If you're looking for pizzazz and entertainment with a 42" flat screen - this is not your place. We loved it. I would recommending bringing a small coffee pot if that's your thing too.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lovinpugs
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked this place on a whim spur of the moment weekend/day trip.....then got scared because I looked it up and saw a lot of bad reviews. When we arrived though the property was beautiful! Cabins are gogeous surrounded by green!!! Loved it! Room was standard and did not have a tv, but we went to be outside anways. There wasn't cell service, but it really was nice, to just be away from EVERYTHING! Service was great, very plesant. There was no air conditioning though, which really isn't a deal breaker, there is a ceiling fan, but it rattled all night, so I would recommend bringing a fan if you visit. I took alot of pictures, because upon looking on the website and reviews I couldn't find any. It was not dirty and smelly as I had read either.There is a creek across the road, and you can walk to Slide Rock and not have the 20 dollar parking fee. I loved this place, so all of you who wrote bad reviews..... you just can't hang without your technology!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bo R
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Want to get off the grid but yet be near the grid, then Slide Rock Lodge is the place to be, Spent two nights there and found it to be a quaint and relaxing environment. Far enough out of town to allow for wonderful star gazing and close enough to Slide Rock Park to walk and enjoy the scenery. The owners of the Inn are personable and makes you feel like family. Rooms are very warm and inviting with fire place and cozy furniture that invites relaxation. I would recommend this lovely establishment to anyone that wants a weekend of decompression to book a room and let the hectic life style pass you by for a couple of days.

Signed: Mack & Deb

Room Tip: Room #1 is ideal for star gazing has it own patio. Room #5 is a suite.