“Beautiful Get Away From It All!”
Review of Slide Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Slide Rock Lodge
Ranked #18 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked this place on a whim spur of the moment weekend/day trip.....then got scared because I looked it up and saw a lot of bad reviews. When we arrived though the property was beautiful! Cabins are gogeous surrounded by green!!! Loved it! Room was standard and did not have a tv, but we went to be outside anways. There wasn't cell service, but it really was nice, to just be away from EVERYTHING! Service was great, very plesant. There was no air conditioning though, which really isn't a deal breaker, there is a ceiling fan, but it rattled all night, so I would recommend bringing a fan if you visit. I took alot of pictures, because upon looking on the website and reviews I couldn't find any. It was not dirty and smelly as I had read either.There is a creek across the road, and you can walk to Slide Rock and not have the 20 dollar parking fee. I loved this place, so all of you who wrote bad reviews..... you just can't hang without your technology!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bo R

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Want to get off the grid but yet be near the grid, then Slide Rock Lodge is the place to be, Spent two nights there and found it to be a quaint and relaxing environment. Far enough out of town to allow for wonderful star gazing and close enough to Slide Rock Park to walk and enjoy the scenery. The owners of the Inn are personable and makes you feel like family. Rooms are very warm and inviting with fire place and cozy furniture that invites relaxation. I would recommend this lovely establishment to anyone that wants a weekend of decompression to book a room and let the hectic life style pass you by for a couple of days.

Signed: Mack & Deb

Room Tip: Room #1 is ideal for star gazing has it own patio. Room #5 is a suite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, love to stay a half day . Take pics relax and hike. 10.00 fee. So nice out right now. Jump in or slide. Some big trout as well. Can't even tell there was a fire 8 years ago. Water shoes ate a plus plus

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 24, 2013

While making our way to Sedona from the Grand Canyon, our two families needed a place to stay. We had called several hotels in the area, and no one had two rooms available. So we pulled into the Slide Rock Lodge. The owner said she had plenty of rooms, that should have been our first clue. After entering the room, we found to small queens beds, that definitely needed to be replaced. No TV, no wifi, or no supplies for the bathroom, other than bar soap. If your looking for a place that might be considered one notch above camping, the Slide Rock might work for you. The surrounding area is beautiful, just don't expect great or even good accommodations. From what I saw the entire resort needs major updating. I can't recommend the Slide Rock, now will I stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Bill W
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Don't expect much from this small little lodge located in the beautiful hills of Sedona. After a week camping through the Grand Canyon it was nice to hit a cozy little cabin style lodge while nestling in Sedona for a quick 2 day stop. The owners Joann and Andy seemed very friendly when arriving and offered some great sightseeing options through Sedona. Things took a turn around when asked to have the TV in our room looked at. It was not working on our first night and later found out that the owners didn't turn the power to the TV (probably to save money). On the second night, our TV was still not working and Andy refused move my friend and I into a new room when there was only 1 other guest staying at the entire lodge! He said that they would be loosing money if they were to change our room and that we would have to suffer with no TV for the entire night. Apparently, this place only has 6 rooms with TV, it has no internet connection, no alarm clock or radio, no breakfast, no bathroom amenities, no service telephone (or phone for that matter) nor customer service. After a week camping my friend and I were really looking forward to curling up in bed with some TV and possible internet and unfortunately this place offered none of the above. The owners were unsympathetic and didn't offer any solution to our problem when they had other rooms with functioning TV's. Andy pretty much laid it out that it comes down to money and not customer service. I work for Starwood hotels and I expected a lot better service especially when I had found out Joann worked for the Hilton chain for many years. This is a great place for anyone looking for a basic room with a bed and limited services. Although, the owners do come across as friendly, their main priority is making money and sadly not about making their guests comfortable and happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a functioning TV if it is important to you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Banecca
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My mom reserved two rooms at this "hotel" for one night after reading some positive reviews online. Traveling all the way from Boston to see Sedona for the first time, I was excited. I was with my sister and her boyfriend who live in Peoria, AZ and we were looking forward to hiking, shopping, eating at Elote Cafe and spending the night in a comfortable hotel. We were told we could probably check in earlier than three o'clock if the rooms were cleaned so we called ahead and the owners said that was fine. When we arrived to check in, I found it odd that there were no other cars in the parking lot and it didn't appear that any other guests were even staying at the hotel.

The rooms smelled of mold and were very musty. They were in desparate need of an upgrade. There was no soap, no shampoo, no hairdryer, no iron, but plenty of bugs to keep me company at night. Also, after complaining about the quality of the rooms we were "upgraded" to rooms that were considered the luxury rooms, despite the lack of the same things listed above. There was a ten inch flat screen tv in my room, so I guess that qualifies as luxury. Who knows. However, for the price of the two rooms , I would have preferred to have spent the night in a tent and done something worthwhile with the money.

The shower was unusable since there were bugs crawling in it and mold growing along the edges. So I didn't shower while I was here. Also, I woke up in the morning with a terrible migraine, no voice and very congested...definitely from the mustiness of the room and lack of air.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AmyL23158
Reviewed July 28, 2012

When we found this 'lodge' I realised it is not the type of place that I would usually opt to stay!

However, if you are looking to get away from EVERYTHING and don't mind basic accomodation - then this is the place for you!

It was clean and close to a great walk called Sterling Pass. Slide Rock itself is lovely.

The customer service was amazing.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family