“Hospitality with a personal touch”
Review of Slide Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Slide Rock Lodge
Ranked #19 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The grounds of this hotel are peaceful and lush. It is a stone throw away from Oak Creek where we hiked (opportunity to fish is also possible if you want to buy a license). It is a couple of minute aways from Slide Rock State Park. One of the many reasons we enjoy this hotel is to disconnect from the technology and fast pace of the city. Our room is clean and neat. Our room had a fireplace with enough wood to build a nice fire each night during our stay. Joanne and Andy, the owers, are very attentive to our needs and recommended restaurants and made reservations for us. They are a wealth of information about Sedona and the canyon. Looking for a nice, quiet, peaceful retreat? The Slide Rock Lodge is the place for you.
Long time satisfied guest

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was one of the most unique and peaceful trips I have taken in a long time. The suite I stayed in was newly renovated. There was a cute little kitchenette and a fireplace in my room too! The location is lovely and in the afternoon I took a walk down to the creek where I got to chill by the water. All in all, just paradise! Thank you Joanne and Andy for your hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2012

After spending a horrible night in another location in Sedona, we found the Slide Rock Lodge and moved in for the duration of our stay. There were several room styles to choose from and we chose a more simple, modest room. All the rooms we saw were clean and neat and we were pleased that our room was also clean and rustic. The bathroom, while small, was totally functional and clean. We could tell that updates had been done to the bathroom. Our bed was also comfortable. The Lodge is also nicely nestled at the base of a gorgeous mountain setting.

The owners were very nice to us and if I ever come back to Sedona, I would certainly stay at the Slide Rock Lodge again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill U
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Spartan is one thing, but not even soap provided! Room was unimaginative and dismal. Substandard see-through curtains. Room is in definite need of upgrade!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed July 24, 2011

dont understand the positive reviews about the slide rock inn, I got there at midnight and entered room #4, the carpet was filthy and the bed was even worse, I awoke at 6 am and waited till 8 to drop my keys off and proceeded to get the hell out of there. I know its rustic but come on this place hasn't been upgraded since the early 70's - stay away !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ducatination
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We had gone to Sedona without a plan. Wanted to go to the Grand Canyon. Beyond that plans were open. We stayed at a Ramada in Flagstaff the first night. Blah. Drove down to Sedona the next day on 89a, beautiful road. Like I said no plan. As we drove through the canyon we were looking for that perfect lodge or cabin to spend the next 3 days and nites. Found it. Slide Rock Lodge. Andy and Joann. Nicest people you’d ever want to meet. We sprung for a suite, 2 rooms, a little kitchen, fireplace, clean, homey, couldn’t have been better. The kind of place that makes you feel like your staying at your uncles cabin up at the lake. They even have some creek bottom that they own so one afternoon we spent a refreshing time listening to the water and skipping rocks. Andy was a font of local knowledge on what to do an where to go. On our forth day we didn’t fly out till midnight. Andy n Joann let us stay late so we could have a full day and still freshen up and get a little nap before we headed off. That’s country hospitality so lacking in our world today. We can’t speak highly enough of our experience at Slide Rock Lodge. If you go please say hi to Andy n Joann for us Have fun

Room Tip: Call ahead and get a suite
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

The owners were so rude! They accused me of being a liar. It was my birthday and I had 3 friends staying the night with me in our room but my family or 3 more were up for the day to eat cake in the hotel with us, then we were all going to slide rock, then my family of 3 were going home and my 3 friends and I were staying the night. The owner woman would not let my family stay. She said I paid for 4 people to be on here property and that's all that was allowed. She kicked my family off their property. We were there 10 mins and I got a refund. DIdn't stay the night. But I'm glad. The place didn't look too clean anyways. I wouldn't trust sleeping there with those owners anyways. And may I not forget to mention on the 2nd floor of their office right when we arrived the 2nd owner a male almost feel through it when a wooden board came loose. I wouldn't trust the cheap make of the place. I also paid $140 for my room and when I showed up there was a huge sign out front that said Vacancy $99.00!! How fair is that?? Would never recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends