“Nothing fancy, good value”
Review of La Petite Sedona

and 1 more site!
La Petite Sedona
Ranked #46 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The "quaint" and "rustic" descriptions are being kind. This is an old, dated hotel. Having said that, it's probably one of the better values in Sedona, especially if you are going to be spending your time away from the hotel and just looking for a clean, cheap place to sleep. It's at the edge of Uptown, but an easy walk to everything on that side of Sedona.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Larry M
There are newer reviews for La Petite Sedona

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Found the La Vista after checking out of the noisy Hilton early. Could not have been happier, what a wonderful quiet relaxing place. Had a wonderful large upstairs room with a 360 degree view, overlooking trees and mountains. Great downstairs porch area with a nice deck on our upstairs room. La Vista was just perfect, walking distance to town with plenty of shopping and dining options in Sedona. Room is basic but has everything you need including a small fridge. La Vista saved our trip after the disaster at the overpriced Hilton. Thank You!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank philcentraltexas
LaVistaMotel, Owner at La Petite Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You were in my favorite room. Hope to see you two again if you return to Sedona. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We discovered the La Vista in 2007, quite by accident. We were on a months long trip looking for clean,safe and reasonable accommodations, It was the pre-smart phone era and I used my GPS,my eye and my gut to size up what would work for us.
Entering Sedona I spotted the La Vista and inquired. It was then I met Jodi the owner and I knew immediately I was in the right place. Our first room overlooked the back property and we were greeted each morning by a family of quail passing through.as we sipped our coffee on the deck. We have stayed in many of the rooms over the years and have always been quite comfortable and happy. They have also been gracious and accommodating to us when we have been hauling a small trailer and that help meant a lot to us.
The hotel is by no means new but, it is clean and comfortable and an amazing value. They could have chosen to update often and pass the cost on to the guests but, it looks to me like they have decided to keep the place clean, safe and slightly dated so that budget travelers who might never afford the five star resorts can enjoy the beauty and enchantment of Sedona and stay within their means. Those decisions and concerns mean something and I'm happy to acknowledge them for keeping the La Vista a fabulous value
When in Sedona We opt to forgo the chains and support this family who have always made us feel welcome. The hotel is within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants and a close drive to many beautiful hikes and shopping areas.In short when you deal with La Vista you deal with a family who hears and understands the needs of their guests. I will always choose their hotel whenever we pass through Sedona. PS. Sedona is famous for it's band of wandering javelinas. We were thrilled to get to see their nightly migration as we settled in for the evening. What a treat! Thanks Jodi for always being there for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dlh560

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us again. We love to know our guests feel welcome and we try to help in any way we can. Sedona has something to offer everyone and I am glad LaVista Motel fits your needs. Thanks again, Jodi

See you next time.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I just returned from a month stay in beautiful Sedona Arizona. I stayed at the rustic La Vista Motel, right on the edge of town. The Motel has a wonderful location, away from the hustle and bustle of town, but within walking distance, being just minutes away. The motel is located next to the creek, and very close to Therapy on the Rocks.

Prior to my departure I looked at over a dozen hotels and motels. Most were ridiculously priced, taking advantage of the tourists who flock there for the beauty of the area. So many were over $200 a night, and were not even that nice. The La Vista Motel is rustic, which works well with the red rock town. The motel is not as fancy as some of the motels, and it does not provide breakfast, but what it does offer is a nice, friendly, relaxing, and highly affordable place to stay. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the beds were so so comfortable.

Parking was never a problem, the rooms were free of insects, the bathrooms were fresh and appear to have been recently remodeled. There were plenty of tables, chairs, and grills outside to allow you to enjoy the climate and surrounding beauty, versus sitting in a room watching television. That is what is nice about this location, it is off by itself, just minutes from town. Fewer cars, fewer people, more peaceful times spent with family outside grilling meats and enjoying wine with friends.

While there I enjoyed spending time with some of the people staying in the other rooms who too came outside to enjoy the nice warm client, various birds, the view of the red rocks, and the wild pigs (Javelinas) that visited the area several times while I was there. They were fun to watch (They love trail mix), and one evening I counted 14 of them, including a little baby Javelina. One Friday night I relaxed outside on the porch with some friendly people who were staying next door, listening to them play songs on their guitars, eating snacks, just relaxing and taking it all in.

The La Vista Motel is not the nicest nor is it the most expensive place in Sedona. That said, it is a nice, clean, spacious (Room 12), relaxing, and most affordable place to stay. I highly recommend it to anyone who has been to a national park, who understands the rustic concept, and that is there just to enjoy what Sedona has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Todd A
LaVistaMotel, Owner at La Petite Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so happy you got to see our visiting Javelina. They are fun to watch.We appreciate your staying with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you are looking for a clean, quiet and inexpensive place to stay in Sedona, check in at La Vista. However, don't expect the Hilton at under $100 in beautiful Sedona, Arizona. You also will not get the best views of the Red Rocks out your window, but you can't see them at night anyway. The king bed was very comfortable and the owner was extremely pleasant and helpful answering questions about the area. My only negative is that the air conditioning was a bit loud. Has to be the best value in Sedona!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BeachRayz

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide a clean room and good bed for our guests at an affordable price.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a single queen room on the first floor. Jodi was very helpful when we checked in. The room was small and very clean except for the carpet. The bath was small with no dressing area. It did have nice new tile. The only problem we found was no outlet to charge our electronics except in the bath, which had no counter. There is a covered porch outside to sit on. We parked right outside our door. Our room was $69, not the $45 listed on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank BVCTx

Thank you for taking time to review LaVista Motel. We appreciate your input. We are adding more outlets to our guest rooms. I am sure future guests will be grateful to you for giving us this tip.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We just came back from 3 nights in Sedona and we stayed at La Vista. Was very surprised at how great this place was. Not only are the rooms very satisfactory and the price very reasonable; the hospitality and treatment by the owners made our stay special. Close enough to downtown to walk but quiet and serene at the motel. Loved every minute of it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn L
LaVistaMotel, Owner at La Petite Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

First we want to thank you for writing a review. We are very happy that you found us and
had a good stay in Sedona. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Thanks again,