“Good value for the price”
Review of La Petite Sedona

La Petite Sedona
Ranked #47 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We checked in for an overnight stay at La Vista hotel in Sedona. We got a king-sized room at a short notice with a great view. The room was very comfortable, clean and spacious. No complaints, just a good deal and well within walking distance of uptown Sedona.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
LaVistaMotel, Owner at La Petite Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our motel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Originally I was booked at another hotel but I got to Sedona 2 days early so decided to try this one. Once I checked in I went by the other hotel and decided this was a better choice so I cancelled there & stayed 5 nights here. I was on the first floor which has a cute patio outside complete with a grill. One night my neighbors cooked chicken and even offered me some. There is also a clothes line. La Vista is at the edge of the "cute" part of Sedona. You can walk everywhere if you wish. Ok maybe not for my daily hikes but food is close by.

I liked the uniqueness of the room except, perhaps, for the potato chip left on the floor from a previous inhabitant and the empty coffee cup left behind one day by the person who cleans the room. At one point I had a problem with the shower water overflowing and the hair dryer (theirs thank goodness) blowing a fuse. The son was working the front desk and was very apologetic he couldn't fix it. The owners were here within the hour.

Yes one night people above me woke me up, but I put in my ear plugs and went back to sleep.

There is a fridge, microwave, hairdryer, open closet, strong shower with hot water. I would definitely stay here again. It was relaxing and nice to go outside my room and sit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JayneHikingAddict

First we want to thank you for staying with us. Thank you for writing a note on Tripadvisor. We do appreciate your positive comments and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The La Vista Motel is a great value. It's super clean and comfortable. Our room looked like it had been recently updated and it was very spacious. The bathroom had new fixtures tile and paint. It's right at the north end of the downtown area so an easy walk to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank debiky
LaVistaMotel, Owner at La Petite Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for the great review. We do appreciate your kind comments and taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again if you get back to Sedona.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

For $90 per night in March, La Vista is hard to beat--especially when you consider that it's easy walking distance to downtown Sedona, the rooms are large (if a bit dated), the place is clean, and it's generally quiet. Our only complaint would be the thin walls as we could hear the rhino in the room next door snoring through the night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your review and are glad that the accomodations fit your needs. We also want to thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we are happy that you had a good time with us while in Sedona.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a very low key, low rates motel which is the kind I like. I had everything I needed for a week long stay and its right next to the Arts Center where I'm taking a class; I never need to get in the car and just walk back here for lunch. There's a fridge, microwave and pantry storage in the room, but no coffeemaker or bedside clock, though I'm sure they'd supply them if asked. The views from 2nd floor room 19, a good room for one person, maybe 2, are spectacular, and there are nice seating areas outside. It completely suits the bill for me but if you're looking for fancy, you'll pay extra for it elsewhere.
If you cross the highway and walk on and around Jordan Road, there are lovely residential areas to stroll and get exercise without having to brave the crowds in the tourist area nearby. I'm sure I'll be back for another Arts Center class.

Room Tip: I don't know about the downstairs rooms, my room is great and room 20 has also been mentioned fo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AbbyArts

We would like to thank you for you taking the time to put a note on tripadvisor and appreciate your kind remarks. We do look forward to your return to Sedona and please tell your friends.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

La Vista is a small, family run place, located on the edge of town, but in easy walking distance to the tourist section. The host was very friendly and helpful, drawing all sorts of lines on maps she provided, giving directions to many points of interest, and general advice ("...only one real visitors info place, the rest are time share companies...")

Based on reviews, we reserved room 20 for 3 nights. It's on the upper floor with a private balcony and large windows looking out on the mountains. The view is spectacular, although one can probably say this anywhere in Sedona. The room was very large, no leaping over suitcases or beds in this room. The bathroom was a bit dated and worn, but completely serviceable and clean. La Vista is a small, family run place.

The only negatives we found was the lack of adequate lighting for reading at night, and a long wait for the hot water to reach our unit. The motel is currently up for sale, but the owners are not in a rush to sell. We would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mmkwong
LaVistaMotel, Owner at La Petite Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to place a review on tripadvisor. We are very happy that you had a great time while in Sedona. Hope to see you again if you make it back.
Thanks,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed for 1nt and were happy with the place. Lovely lobby and rooms with amazing views. W had room with open plan kitchen and dining area. Decent size and clean but slightly worn. very quiet since most rooms are off the road and overlooking the canyon. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: As for the fist floor, ground floor rooms are facing parking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank iamconstanttraveller

We are happy that we fit your needs for your visit in Sedona. We also appreciate you taking the time to let others know on tripadvisor. Hope to see you again in the future.