“Stains to explain?”

Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Seattle
“Stains to explain?”
Reviewed April 13, 2008

The rooms can only be described as grungy. The bed in the first room that we had (Room 238) actually had weird reddish stains on the box spring near the bed side table. The furniture was threadbare, the sheets were worn out and the pillows were lumpy and looked like they were picked up from a garage sale. The bathroom tiles and grout were worn out. We asked to be moved and the second room (Room 254) was only a little better but at least no stains...

The covered swing/glider by the pool would have been a nice touch if it wasn't moldy! I didn't look much further into the pool after seeing that.

The price for this room was WAY too high!! It looks like this hotel is undergoing a much needed renovation judging by the new landscaping that was waiting to be planted and the construction mess in the parking lots. Other reviewers have said that there's renovated rooms... make sure you get one! I've stayed at better Motel Six's for much much less!!

• Liked — Checking out!
  • Disliked — Filthy Room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Renfor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Polish first
WIsconsin
Reviewed February 17, 2008

We returned yesterday from what started as a bad first night and never really got any better at the Bell Rock in Sedona, AZ. We were guests of friends that booked in July of 07 and received an old, room, nothing like she was promised. We were told no other 2 bedroom was availble and by day 3 said we could stay in separate rooms. We bought food for eating together and were all unpacked for a week stay. We had an overflowing toilet at 2 AM w/o a plunger or anyone to call. We asked for a plunger, they do not provide them for units. Lighting was awful in all the rooms, it was in the 70's and one bedroom which was supposed to be a king but was only a queen had an air conditioner that we were told was unrepairable at this time, needless to say, we were warm and did not sleep well at all. Above all the customer service (if you can call it that) was the worst I have seen in many years of travel. Fortunately our friends and the surrounding area made for good memories. Don't stay there, they overbooked on a Friday and a couple that was prepaid was told they did not have a room available for them, late on a Friday night. When she put her head down to say "you gotta be kidding me" I felt very sorry for her and the woman at the front desk was mildly concerned at best. They need to clean house with their staff.........these people DO NOT belong in the hotel industry.

• Liked — The town of Sedona being close
  • Disliked — The room!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank DYAN55
Reviewed January 24, 2008

This hotel was in no way a "resort" and definitely not what was advertised. There was construction going on all over the grounds and there is no restaurant, bar, exercise area, etc. The room itself was very nice, but as soon as we left the room, there was nothing to do at the Bell Rock. It is advertised that this hotel is part of Los Abrigados (about 6 miles away), but the staff at Bell Rock certainly don't know that since they had no idea what Los Abrigados had to offer. Sedona is such a lovely place, but I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — The room itself.
  • Disliked — This hotel did not have the amenities that they advertise.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lora1234
Riverside, RI
Reviewed January 14, 2008

We stayed at the Bell Rock for a full week , Saturday-Saturday, through a time share.

We stayed on the 1st floor facing the pool. The front desk was OK upon check in. The mood of the front desk fluctuates depending on who is at the front desk. Not overly helpful but we were checked in quickly & never needed anything else for the remainder of the week. Our room was clean with a tile floor throughout. No bureau's in the room, which was odd to me. There is a full closet with some small shelves and the bathroom had two large-open shelves to keep your clothing. I wouldn't have wanted more than two of us in the room. It came with a kitchenette, pull out couch & small table.

We swam in the pool almost everyday since it was smoking hot outside by noontime. The only thing I didn't like about being next to the pool is that some guests are either oblivious to others sleeping at say midnight or they are from other countries but yelling, laughing, etc after midnight was a bit much on at least 2 occasions.

There were families at this hotel but there is not alot for kids to do here. If I came with my kids aside from the pool they would have been bored without more to do on the premesis.

I did use the washer/dryer on my last full day to save myself from a full day of laundry back home. It is great to use while cooling off in the pool.

The main road offers different food establishments most of which we did not use. We were very turned off by the amount of roadway construction, which is constant for many miles.

Please note: The main roadway is all torn-up for miles but we never dealt with a lot of noise in our room.

• Liked — It's proximity to other places we frequented
  • Disliked — All the construction. Though clean I never felt completely relaxed here.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vcaz
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Beautiful hotel with amazing views of the scenery in Sedona. Very nice staff at the front desk. Very comfortable rooms, very clean. Very nice pool area. If there are any negatives is that the hotel is situated too close to the main road and picks up a lot of road noise. Other than that, very nice accommodation.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank rca19
Arizona
Reviewed December 18, 2007

I specifically picked this resort because it was advertised as pet friendly. I called 3 weeks in advance of check-in to request a pet room and was told it was no problem (they had pet rooms available). When I arrived and declared I had pets, I was told that they were unaware of this, but would accomodate me. I signed the usual papers regarding pet fees etc. I was not put in a pet room and on day two got a call from the front desk that they were unaware that I had pets. On day three we requested the pet package that we didn't get upon check in and was told that we could not receive the package unless we sign "papers". I have never had so much trouble before at a resort that is advertised as pet friendly. This is not a pet friendly resort and do not expect to get a pet friendly room even if requested upon making a reservation. Better option is the Hilton Sedona.

• Disliked — very pet unfriendly
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Furkidsonthego
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 15, 2007

This was a timeshare we reserved over a year ago when the reviews were mediocre (we didn't have many options at the time). Before we left, the reviews were downright awful. So our expectations were very low, and I had even anticipated leaving early. However....There is construction, but most of the exterior construction is finished. The interior work did not disturb us at all, and we were only two units away from the work. The location in the Bell Rock area is great. Scenery is fabulous, and it is about a 15 minute drive from downtown Sedona. Sedona is all about being outdoors, and the main "strip" can be done in one day. The unit was a townhouse, with a bedroom and full bath downstairs and kitchen and living room (with pullout sofa) and full bath upstairs. The empty the trash and change the towels every day. Full housekeeping is only done after 3 nights. Very well kept and very comfortable. Grounds are nicely maintained (except where the expansion is ongoing), with a lovely pool area. Only disappointment, really, was that the units offered no private balconies or patios to enjoy the view, and the view from the room was largely blocked by other properties. Noticed that many of the hotels/motels did not have private balconies, so be sure to ask if that is what you want. There is a laundry facility available for guests. What I would avoid is being in the unit directly across from housekeeping, where the staff got together early in the morning and chatted up a storm. This was much more disruptive than any of the construction. But my understanding is that this place is a bargain. If you plan on being outside, which you should, and don't mind a room without a view, this is a great location and very comfortable. Really.

• Liked — Spaciousness and location
  • Disliked — No patio or balcony
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple