All reviewsdiamond resortsbell rockfull kitchenvillage of oak creekliving roomstove tophot tubsized refrigeratortimeshare pitchfree giftsmall kitchenminute driveexercise roomhigh pressurefirst floorpool towelsking bed
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Hotel itself was nice. A little dated but roomy and has great amenities. It's actually located about 5-10 miles outside of Sedona, but the drive is fine. Two negatives: DON'T book through priceline, they lost our reservation and we ended up having to wait an extra half hour to check in. That wasn't too bad. What was bad is Gabby, the extraordinarily rude concierge. Wow! When we were sent to her while waiting on our room, she asked my name and then rolled her eyes at me since it wasn't on her list. Then when we asked about tips for visiting the grand canyon she scoffed and said, "what do you mean? You just go." Also after she shooed us away, I sat next to her desk and I could hear her scoffing at other guests as well. I'm pretty sure she hates tourists and her job. Perhaps she needs a new one. Bell Rock Inn would be much better off without her, in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2012
9  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed June 5, 2012

What a wonderful discovery to find a pet-friendly place. At check in we were given treats for ourselves and our dog. The room was good and our room (160) had a patio facing the mountains. There were lots of places to go with the dog, including the pool area, as long as the dog was well-behaved.

4  Thank mtd330
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I will start by saying that I did not realize this was a timeshare property when I booked the hotel and then I read the reviews on here and was very worried about what this place was going to be like. We arrived around 1030p on a Thursday night and there was no mention of any timeshare presentations. In fact, during our entire stay (thursday-sunday) not once were we hit up to attend a presentation (although we didn't go back to the lobby). The room was quite nice, very clean and after reading previous reviews about dirty rooms, poor plumbing and bed bugs I was incredibly happy to see those must have been isolated incidents. Our room as I said before was clean, odor free, bug free and quite spacious for two of us. If you're expecting a 5 star resort type room you will be let down, but if you're like me and typically stay at 3 star hotels/motels you will be happy with the accommodations. You should be aware that this is not Sedona proper, it is just slightly south in the Village of Oak Creek. This has it's advantages and disadvantages. On the plus side it's quite and far less congested making the place seem more relaxed and less touristy. On the down side there are not as many places to eat, shop etc within walking distance. Although my husband and I found a pub down the street that had great food and ensured we were able to have a drink without worrying about how we would get back to the hotel. We enjoyed our stay and would stay at the Bell Rock Inn again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor on the south end of the property overlooking pool/hot tub and beautiful Sedona rock formations.
2  Thank coldenco815
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were very apprehensive on our way to the resort because of the previous reviews. We were prepared to leave immediately upon arrival if the rooms were as described a couple of weeks ago.
As it turned out, we were pleasantly surprised!
First of all, our dog had access to this huge, beautiful, clean - no odors...dog run! He picked up the pine cones, played with them and ran, did his thing..everyone cleaned up afterwards. He loved the room...ate all of his food at every meal. You should have seen the grin on his funny face! That makes the whole trip so much more enjoyable. And when the need came for a late night visit...we felt perfectly safe, and the weather was perfect..
the Bell Rock Inn was very quiet. We were on the second floor and never heard a dog bark. Ours made one peep the first night and that was it. The neighbor next door complained to us about our dog barking all night. Come to find out, the dog below their unit had been barking. I would not have liked that either..but we did not hear it. It was all very quiet the entire time for us.
Our room was delightful! It was full of character with the cowboy motif. How perfect for the area! There was not a spot or odor anywhere in the room, except two tiny little spots in the closet about the size of a pearl. Everything else was immaculately clean.
All of our needs were met very conveniently during the week. Moy was the perfect concierge. She knew where everything was in the area. But, very special and delightful was Hannah! She was a dream come true for us. There was a teeny mention of the time share presentation and we just politely refused. There was nary a mention of it at all, then, or ever in our stay
Hannah bumped into to us a number of times during our stay and chatted very sweetly and helpfully every time. We wish her well. She is a very special model employee.
With the kitchen accommodations it made it easy to prepare several great meals. And there is the IGA market just down the street which was perfect. There are a couple other markets on Hwy 89 but neither had everything we needed.
Also, this area of Sedona is a bit less congested and very peaceful. It is so beautiful to walk early in the morning along the beautiful walkways paved with the colors of the local rocks, and landscaped with gorgeous native plantings, so exquisitely perfect!
We felt safe at all hours, and everyone we spoke to (natives and non-natives alike,) regarding the safety issue, said it is very calm and peaceful here.
It is so incredibly, exquisitely ethereal in the Sedona area with the soaring spires and molten roils of long-ago formed creations of Mother Nature. It seems impossible for anyone not to feel an extreme sense of peace and gratitude for being allowed to share in such magnificent beauty. The walks, no matter the length, bring new beauty with each step.
Ah...then there is the food... We have our favorites from several past visits. The first stop is always Wildflowers in the Hyatt shopping center. Next, we always stop in at Rene's in Tlaquepaque. We were sad to see that Lisa Dahl's little deli is gone. (Hwy 79) We wanted to go to the dinners at their restaurants, but the prices just turn us off. Her deli was so perfect because one was offered a variety of small amounts to eat at midday instead of a heavy dinner at bedtime.
Elote is always fun. (Hwy 79)
We discovered a new one - Bodacious Burgers, by accident. We were very hungry and definitely did not want to eat a boring burger...But he has lots of surprises for you! It was very good! (Hwy 89)
Another new discovery was Ken's Creekside (by the intersection of 79 & 89) Excellent.
As we left town driving north through Oak Creek Canyon, we came upon a new killer cafe, in Williams - a little surprise itself!.. It was called the Pine Tree Pantry. It was packed and no wonder - the food was fabulous with everything homemade. They had close to fifty varieties of homemade pies. One was cherry/peach/apple. Another was chocolate/caramel./banana.
Everywhere we went the people were very kind, friendly, and helpful - and appreciative of the specialness of the enchanted settings.
We hope you will enjoy this as much as many of us do.

Room Tip: Do not know about the other rooms. Ours was a pet room over part of the Reception area. There was A/C unit noise...but we got used to it as it kept the perfect temperature.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AlCarolCharli
Reviewed May 25, 2012

If you are used to staying at an economy hotel, you will like this place. However if you typically stay at a Westin, Ritz, Hilton or Marriott resort, you will be greatly disappointed. We had driven 9 hours straight on the Friday we arrived. The receptionist must have had a long day as well because as we checked in, I thought we had reserved a 1 bedroom suite, not a one bed efficiency. She was a bit snappy with us when I questioned the reservation. “You have an efficiency room with a patio”. She was a bit curt. Turns out, she was correct, but first impressions were not favorable.
As we went to leave, the Concierge, the desk was right next to the lobby door—no escape, immediately jumped up to welcomed us. Now keep in mind, we had driven 9 hours and all we wanted to do was unpack and relax. She was very persistent. When I explained that we would come back later, it was as if she could not hear. She immediately asked if we had made plans for tours—my response was that we would come back later. No problem, let me give you these brochures and she open one up and started talking about the tours. I tried to disengage but she kept at it.
She asked if we were going to the Grand Canyon. I said yes and before I could say anything else, she had another tour pamphlet out and started talking about them. Once again, I told her that we would come back later. She then launched into the timeshare sales pitch. We were invited to an open house (translation = sales presentation) and they would give us a $75 Visa card. I declined. “Why not?” she asked. I told her that we were not interested. “Can you tell me why you are not interested?”. I told her that we had attended our last timeshare sales presentation and we were not attending any more. She persisted. “Why not attend this one, and call it your last one?” No thank you. “Well, it will only take 90 minutes and I can schedule you for Saturday or Monday”. Besides, we have properties all over, even Hawaii, Maui on Kaanapali Beach. I told her that we had a Westin Resort Villa timeshare at that location, but she was not listening as she prattled on about what a wonderful location it was and wouldn’t we want to go there. At this point, I knew that being polite was not going to stop this aggressive woman. I told her that we had been driving for 9 hours and we were going to our room. As I started out the door, she said, “Oh, I forgot to give you your “welcome gift”. She handed my wife an empty drawstring bag that we could use to carry our water or whatever around.
Whew. If you think I can’t get any worse…
Our efficiency room was next to the parking lot, on the street side of the building. The patio that the check-in woman was so excited about had weeds growing 2 feet high. Well, we made the best of it. We unpacked, fixed some dinner and hit the sack. The bed was actually quite comfortable. However, a comfy bed does not offset being awakened at 6:00 in the morning by the sound of the upstairs neighbor tromping across the floor. This sounded like a herd of elephants. So much for sleeping in on your vacation.
There is a bit of good news in this review. I went back to the lobby and met Dora. Wow. She was awesome. I asked if we could get a different room, and she made magic happen. She found an upstairs room (place only has 2 floors) that faced the inner pool. Much nicer location. While I was in the lobby, another guest came in to get a cup of coffee. Her husband called her on her cell, and she told him about the welcome gift she received. I was a bag to carry her water etc. around, and it was filled with goodies. Hmmm all we got was an empty bag. I guess you have to sign up for the sales pitch to the good stuff LOL.
So we were finally settled in, except on Sunday evening the phone rang and…guess who? The concierge woman from H—L was on the phone. She wanted to know if we had received our welcome gift. I told her yes, we received the empty bag. And without breaking stride, she asked if we were ready to schedule the tour and open house. I told her that we are declining and you know what, she asked why again. Amazing, simply amazing.
So the next time we go to Sedona, you know where we will not be staying.

Room Tip: When making your reservation insist on an upstairs room, and preferably not on the street/parking lot side
3  Thank blueleader50
diamondresorts, Manager at Bell Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

We always pride ourselves in offering our guests the warmest of welcomes so we are sorry to read of your check-in experience. Our concierge service are there to welcome guests and ensure they have everything they need for their stay. The team are enthusiastic and just want to make sure guests are aware their services are available. Check-in is usually a great opportunity to introduce themselves and the update sessions which you mention are a way for our guests to get to know more about our recent news and events.
Given that our rooms are located within different areas of the resort we would always ask that if there is something which our guests are unhappy with during their stay to contact the front desk and we will always try to resolve any requests or relocate them if there is the availability to do so. Nothing is too much trouble.
Many thanks for submitting your online review, we can assure you that your feedback is extremely important to us.

Stephanie Orbe