“Would definitely stay here again”
Review of Bell Rock Inn

Bell Rock Inn
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed at the Bell Rock Inn in July. It was our first trip to Sedona and this was a perfect location, and great place to stay for our group (including a 10 year old child and elderly person with some physical limitations). The room was great, included towels for the pool and all we could have wanted in amenities. We asked to be switched twice - due to the physical limitations of my mom, and the front desk staff was incredibly patient and helpful in ensuring we had accomodations that would work for us. Pools are both really nice, and the grounds are pretty. Great access to both Sedona area attractions and to Jerome and Cottonwood.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ginmarino

Reviewed June 21, 2011

My family and I stayed here through a time share exchange with Interval Interational. We booked an efficiency (no kitchen) and were upgraded to a studio (partial kitchen) before arrival. The staff was friendly, very knowledgeable and extremely helpful in helping us to plan our day trips to the grand canyon, painted desert, etc. The facilites show some wear, but the property and rooms are very clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank karentljt
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Did a tour with "Diamond Resorts International" and got this 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom, kitchen, living room and patio (2 floors) for $50! AMAZING VIEW!
It was quite evident that Diamond Resorts are remodeling since taking over. It NEEDS it!
The beautiful fountain you see in the picture...not working. The office is quite stuffy and just really needs updating!
The suite was awesome and had new beds. You could tell everything had been updated in the kitchen! Really nice! Bathrooms were clean.
1. Complaint - it smelled like dog. Hubby and I got a few itchy bites we believe were fleas. I read somewhere it says no animals but clearly all the dogs running around there "barks" a different story. : )
2. Complaint - Housekeeping forgot to empty trash in kitchen (under cabinet). We found it full and had a pair of girl panties in it. We called front desk and asked them to take care of it!
About an hour later 2 men came. They explained there is NO housekeeping in the evening so they were sent in to deal with it. They were nice but clearly they were NOT janitors but engineers.
Management really didn't seem to sincere in their apology but the next day at check out they were calling to see WHY we were not out yet. I explained we were running behind.
*REASON we were running behind: we loaded our dirty dishes and started dishwasher! I don't know why I didn't tell him that and tell him how rude to call the room. I am not accustomed to such non - professionalism.
All in all I can see where Diamond resorts is heading with this property. I only hope they will re-train housekeeping and management to better serve the customers.
All in all it is a nice place with more improvements coming.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT allow pets.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank GriffithMomma
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed with another couple in a two bedroom unit May 29-April 5. This resort has recently been acquired by Diamond Resorts International - we are timeshare owners. The resort was definitely NOT up to Diamond standards but I'm sure there will be improvements. The worst part were the chairs - there was one sofa that could seat 3 and the other chairs were incredibly uncomfortable - I laid on the floor rather than sit in them. Our room was also very dark with small windows. We were in the older building which did not have a balcony, but we did find a secluded garden area with tables and grills where we ate dinners. Accommodations in the newer building which does have balconies may be much nicer. The staff were very friendly, and overall we had a good stay. We'll probably return to Sedona but will stay at one of the other Diamond resorts there.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sodman
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Upon check-in, we endured an incredibly hard sell to visit one of their other properties the next morning. We would have had to commit several hours to listen to a sales pitch when we were only going to be in town for a day. Besides that, the room was nice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Loved this resort and the friendly staff who made our recent stay very enjoyable.
Very clean and well-equipped rooms were much appreciated on our recent Route 66
adventure.
Recommend helicoptor trip & Jeep sunset tour with Days in the west..keep away from Pink Jeeps.

Room Tip: Ground floor for convenience & no lift.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank c0nanthelibrarian
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The hotel is in Oak Creek, about 10 minutes outside of the city of Sedona. We actually enjoyed this a little better. The restaurants in the area were great and a lot more reasonable than in the heart of Sedona.

We had two rooms, my parents were in one and my husband and I in another. This hotel offered a very pleasant stay. The hotel doesn't have a ton of ammenities, but you are able to use the ammenities at its sister hotel.

Our one issue was no hot water. I thought it may just be a busy time for the showers, but we still did not have any that night. When we called the front desk and notified them, they called the engineer (about 9 p.m.) and offered to upgrade both my parents and us to a one-bedroom suite for free, to make sure we wouldn't have to deal with the water again. However, since they fixed the boiler and they did not have two suites in the same building, we remained in our room. But the offer was there, which shows good customer service.

The staff was friendly. We checked in late at night, so they told us the concierge would be there the next day. But we didn't visit and never got pressured to listen to any sort of timeshare sales.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and a great deal.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family