“great weekend”

Oak Creek Terrace Resort
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed October 12, 2009

This is our third stay at this hotel. The rooms are small but clean, the fireplaces and jacuzzis work great. The grounds are wonderful and the acess to the creek is great.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kdayton54

Reviewed August 5, 2009

Any hotel,motel, cabin or resort that can't supply basic electric to the paid guests of their establishment has a problem. Beaware of these types of resorts. They will only keep your money and offer nothing in return.Our experience at this resort has left us bitter. We will never return to sedona Arizona.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank plwxtwo
Reviewed August 5, 2009

we prepaid a room w/ mini kitchenette at this resort. The electric
went out on our 2nd day of our stay. We had 2 dogs and a refrigerator full of food with us. We asked for a raincheck or refund and was denied. They claimed it was not in there control and said this was a occurance that happens often in the city of Sedona. Our room #18 was old and in need of repair. The room
was clean but just lacking the electric. The outdoor temp was to reach 103 degrees on that August day.

2  Thank plwxtwo
Reviewed July 4, 2009

When we first got to our room we tried to overlook the fact that we were facing an overflowing trash dumpster, our gas bbq was left on which posed a hazard to our 3 yr old and we didn't have any soap in our room. My husband and I rarely have any days off together so this was a somewhat last minute mini vacation that we were really excited about. We wanted to stay at a place where we could easily access Oak Creek to play and fish.

Just before 2AM our first night my husband was up trying to kill a mouse that ran across his feet in the bathroom. We tried repeatedly to contact the front desk with no luck. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep and woke up to mouse poop all over the floor in the kitchen area and in the kitchen trash can. One photo is of the poop in the kitchen trash can and one shows the poop found on the kitchen floor (under the cups). That cannot be up to health standards. When my husband went to the front desk the next morning, they acted as if we were making this up to try and get something out of them. They didn't even really apologize until he took a paper towel full of mouse poop to the office.

They moved us to a bigger room without charging us more money - gee thanks. I wanted to leave and find a clean place to stay but they weren't going to give us any of our money back and we had already paid them almost $370. When I called the office she just said "Well, we are in the canyon and critters are the nature of the canyon and we are moving you to a bigger room." My response was that I could care less about a bigger room, my concern was with the health of my family. I understand bugs and spiders but MICE? No. So we get to this bigger room, which smelled awful, and my husband finds a steak knife sticking out from between the fridge and the cabinets. Fortunately he found it before our daughter did. They did bring us some air freshener.

If we wanted to be out with the "critters" we would have camped for a few dollars a night, which we have done before. This was supposed to be something special that we were willing to spend more money on. Bottom line, we made the best of it because we were together but between the filthy conditions and total lack of customer service Oak Creek Terrace almost ruined what very little time we have to spend as a family.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank sierrasurfer
Reviewed May 4, 2009

My wife and I enjoyed our stay immensly. The room we stayed in was small, but the room and facilities were clean. The bathroom was a tad cramped. But boy, the hammocks by the creek, along with the chairs, and the frontage right on Oak Creek were wonderful. The fireplace and spa were great! The staff was helpful and informative. It was nice, it was rustic and it was romantic.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gcroemke
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We stayed at the Oak Creek Terrace for two nights during our Arizona road trip. The Oak Creek is only a short drive from downtown Sedona, but it seemed as though we were hundreds of miles away because of the quiet atmosphere. The rooms are small but cozy. We stayed in room #A, which had a jacuzzi but no fireplace. Our stay included a Red Rock pass that allowed us access to the parks for free. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone traveling to Sedona.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jessc2078
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Oak Creek Terrace was perfect for my solo trip to Sedona. It is not located in the hustle of "downtown" Sedona. It was quiet and the property was beautiful. It does border Oak Creek. There are hammocks and tables for you to enjoy the creek. The staff was able to recommend places to eat and for packed lunches. The room was one of their least expensive and was more than I expected. It was a little small, but I had no intention of spending much time in it. Best overall deal.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo