“Best Kept Secret in Arizona”

Oak Creek Terrace Resort
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Kept Secret in Arizona”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We found this place by luck on a quick visit to Sedona. This is one of the prettiest properties we have ever stayed in. The grounds are beautiful and the views are spectacular. The staff were very attentive and helpful from Reservation to checkout. There is a general quirkiness about the place, but that is part of the charm. Our room was one of the ones "on top" and It was small, but we spent most of out time outside watching the changing colors in Oak Creek Canyon. In fact rather than face the crowds in Sedona proper we got a bottle of wine and salads at a grocery store and had dinner on the deck at sunset.

Just to clarify; this is an older property that has been lovingly maintained and upgraded. they have done a spectacular job with what they have. If you are expecting a modern Hilton, stay in a modern Hilton. If you are an adventurous traveler, this place is for you.

We are already planning a longer stay next spring.

2 Thank 505mep

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have stayed in many resorts in Sedona over the past 30 years, but hadn't tried Oak Creek Terrace untill last week. What a pleasent surpise. I'm 6'2' and my wife 6' and we didn't find the rooms small at all. we stayed in a room the first night and a bungalow the 2nd night and found both comfortable, Clean and well appointed. Jacuzzis in the rooms. The staff were helpful and what can you say about the surrondings?! On Oak Creek. Tables and chairs every where, statues, fountains. A very relaxing stay and 3 miles from town. You just can't stay in Sedona or on Oak Creek this well for the price. We will recommend to friends and return again and again.

Room Tip: Bunglow 21 quiet with micro and mini fridge..enclosed porch with fountain and flat screen HD tv.
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I booked 2 nights for the resort, and I had to cancel them tonight. I called about an hour ago, telling the owner that I am stuck in Flagstaff and sick. I came down with bronchitis and have to see a doctor here in Flagstaff. I don't know when I'll be able to see one, but will be needing to stay put for chest xrays, etc. My point is, there is a 72 hour cancellation period of which I didn't meet by cancelling tonight. I have just arrived in Flagstaff after being in Page for 4 nights, and the Grand Canyon for 2 nights........The owner of Oak Creek Terrace was kind enough to cancel my 2 nights without charge or fee!!! Now that is what I call decent!! I will definitely stay there the next time I am in the area, which will be soon, I am sure!! I love that serenity that this resort offers!!!

Room Tip: Can't attest to other things as I couldn't stay due to illness.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cottonwood, Arizona
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The key to traveller satisfaction is knowing what you want, then researching within those expectations.
So with that in mind, here are the drawbacks to this choice. The rooms up top are small (I can't speak for the larger options). I mean small, like having to turn sideways to avoid hitting your knees on the cabinet on the toilet small.
They are obviously quite a bit older as is demonstrated by the old decor, lack of electric plugs, etc.
If you are particular about your rooms being immaculately clean...these aren't.

Now, having said all that, we loved our stay here. The small room didn't bother us as a couple on a getaway stay. The room was clean enough that it didn't bother us, and we made due with what plugs there were available for charging phones. We loved the in room jacuzzi and the location is absolutely beautiful! You can't beat oak creek canyon for beauty in Arizona.
They also have real fireplaces with artificial logs supplied. They provide a great atmosphere.
Finally, the price for that location and the accommodations provided is very reasonable.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank jm222
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our 33rd wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time, Oak Creek Terrace was a perfect weekend getaway from busy Phoenix. Our room #19 was great, clean, quiet and lots of room. The jucuzzi tub was awesome! We loved being right next to Oak Creek, nice sandy area to kick back and just relax. It was only about 3 or 4 miles north of Sedona so we went into Sedona for dinner both nights great food! The staff was very nice and accommodating. We will definitely come back and we already have recommended to a couple of our friends and family. Thanks again Oak Creek Terrace for wonderful weekend!!!!
David & Cindy

1 Thank David A
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our first time staying at this resort and will definitely be back! Enjoyed the quiet of cabin#12 and the short walk to the creek to listen to the sounds of nature. Relaxed every evening with a fire and time in the jacuzzi. This was particularly nice after a long day of exploring Sedona and the surroundintg area.The staff was friendly and recommended great local restaurants.

Room Tip: Review the rooms online to find the best room to meet your needs.
Glendale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just got back from our 6th visit in the past year or so. Our room was clean and cozy as usual, the staff is always very friendly and courteous, and the owner Marc is absolutely wonderful. What we love about this resort as apposed to the other options is that A. it is one of a kind (eccentric at its finest), B. on the creek which allows for so much activities to do wether with kids, or couples, or even alone, C. the grounds are so beautifully kept, and you can get a room small to big depending on your needs, D. you're far enough away from the touristy part of Sedona so you can relax and enjoy the canyon-yet make a short 10 min. drive into town to shop, E. you can bring your own food up to cook on the outside grills, or even some rooms have a kitchen-which is wonderful if you have kids..who are constantly hungry:) You can tell there is pride of ownership in this resort and my family has made it our #1 place to escape the hustle and bustle of Phoenix. Obviously the resort is not new, but the owners have made updates as needed over the years and currently, yet have managed to not make the site commercialized like many others in town. We have stayed in several of the rooms, and have not one complaint about any of them. I definitely recommend Oak Creek Terrace as a place to stay to anyone. We cant wait to go back, Thanks Marc, for another unforgettable stay!
Your friends,
~Mellissa, Nick, and kids~

Room Tip: There is not a swimming pool, nor a fitness center. But, during the summer, the creek is absolutely...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family