“Fantastic place to stay! Wish I could go more often!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sedona Bear Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Sedona Bear Lodge
Ranked #16 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Camarillo, California
“Fantastic place to stay! Wish I could go more often!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 1 night last in April, last year. It's been an extremely rough year for me, so it's taken me this long to write a review, which I've never written before. It was my friend's first stay at a bed & breakfast, and she loved it! Myles and Masumi were fantastic hosts! They were very helpful and gave us great advice on where to go to get great pictures. They prepared an excellent meal and it was great visiting with them! Our room was very lovely. I recommend everyone stay here when they are in the area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janet S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

On a secluded street off Dry Creek Rd' the Sedona Bear Lodge is near eating establishments, art galleries, and hiking trails such as the Boynton Canyon and Long Canyon Trailheads, and Mescal Mtn.. It is a quiet Bed and Breakfast with friendly and accommodating hosts. My wife and I were delighted with the lodge's cleanliness and comfort, and it's southwestern ambiance. Breakfasts were good enough that we suggested that Myles audition for Master Chef. Our hosts, Myles and Masumi, are multi-cultural: they are lovers of hiking and art, and they can be excellent conversationalists or unobtrusive.
My wife and I could not have been happier.
Barry and Connie

Room Tip: Suggest your needs and/or desires and let Masumi and Myles choose the right room for you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Connie O
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My fiance and I spent a wonderful weekend in Sedona at the Sedona Bear Lodge. The rooms were warm and inviting, comfortable and clean. The breakfasts were tasty and memorable (who can forget the ghost pepper experience!),and were outdone only by the graciousness of our hosts Myles and Masumi. Absolutely looking forward to returning and staying with them again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My significant other and I spent Memorial Day weekend with Myles, Masumi (and Meeko!) and were incredibly pleased with our three-night stay. Our room was spacious and quiet -- it was wonderful to wake up to the sounds of birds in the morning. The breakfasts were phenomenal (what breakfast comes with dessert?), and we joked that we wanted to move in with them. They provided great recommendations for things to do in the area. We'd recommend it to anyone who wants to avoid the big, impersonal hotels! We will be back the next time we are in Sedona!

Room Tip: We loved the Ponderosa Room on the second floor -- quiet and a really nice bath!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Myles, Masumi and Meeka are warm, engaging and the perfect hosts. They are also phenomenal cooks and very interesting conversationalists. Guests leave their stay at Sedona Bear Lodge feeling as if they were treated like family, or at least as close friends.

We transitioning 'back into reality' after several days of hiking in the Gr Canyon & Sedona with a stay in the "Indian Garden Room", which was a treat. The peaceful view of the mountains from the private balcony, as well as the room's intimate dining space and very comfortable bed, provided the perfect respite. The Lodge's impeccably adorned & maintained social areas present many relaxation options for the weary traveler as well.

If you're looking for something to do, do not hesitate to ask your hosts as they will have a plethora of ideas for all ranges of travelers - shopping, artwork, local events, eateries, vortex and hiking locations. Masumi was even kind enough to draw a map to the 'perfect' sunset mountain top hiking destination for this earth loving, romantic duo.

Back to the food - each set of guests at our breakfast table were presented with a different beautiful breakfast. Each plate was healthy, creative and was an appreciated alternative from the standard 'B&B' fare. Not to forget the freshly baked cookies that were available at all times during our stay... yum!

Make the Sedona Bear Lodge a 'must stay' on your traveling agenda. While you may leave your greetings on a red rock for their patio, Sedona Bear Lodge will leave their footprint on your soul.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

You could not find better hosts and friends than Myles and Masumi. I truly think Myles may be the nicest and kindest person I have ever met. My wife and I were hiking while staying there and I said jokingly to her "I bet Myles would wash your car if you happened to mention in passing that it was dirty." The next day we walked out to our car and there was Myles with a bucket, hose and sponge getting ready to wash a guest vehicle. (the woman had apparently scratched the car and was worried it would easily show with all of the dust/dirt on the car). Breakfasts were terrific and the hosts were more than helpful in selecting hikes, giving directions and more. The inn is very laid back and comfortable. And our Google Maps/GPS brought us right to their front door without any problem. Can't wait to return. We have lots more hikes we wanted to do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christopherpee
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had the pleasure of spending three nights at this superb B & B The accommodation was fabulous and the breakfasts were outstanding. Each mirning breakfast was different and delivious and the coffee was wonderful too!! Miles and Masumi were wonderful hosts and very helpful with our day trip planning. Such nice folks. The lodge has much character and there was no shortage of lively conversation around the breakfast table. Highly recommend this quiet and lovely place

• Stayed April 2013