“The Perfect Place to Stay in Sedona”

Southwest Inn at Sedona
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Westfield, New Jersey
“The Perfect Place to Stay in Sedona”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a five night stay at the Southwest Inn at Sedona. It was everything that my fellow TripAdvisor reviewers reported and more. We had the end unit upstairs, the Navajo suite, with a huge bathroom, which included two sinks and a copious supply of fluffy white towels. A perfect setup for us, as I am a day person, and my husband is a night owl. He had his own space to watch TV and wander in and out while I slept. The in-room fridge kept our beverages cold. The entire place was immaculately clean and the outside property is beautifully landscaped, with urn fountains and native plants.

The complementary breakfast was generous and delicious. My husband and I would never think to have burritos for breakfast, but we did, every morning, along with OJ and oatmeal. There were lots of other options. No meat, but since we're vegetarians, THAT was not an issue. The Internet room was indeed small, but the computers there were speedy and attached to a printer. The free Internet access in the room had a strong signal, but was very slow, so we used those computers off the breakfast room for checking our email. (Shouldn't be doing that anyway. We're on vacation!)

Vis a vis street noise...I don't know what some of the previous posters are talking about. They roll up the sidewalks in Sedona around 9 PM. There is very little traffic on the road after that. Certainly no trucks. My husband went running around 11 PM one evening, and was able to cross back and forth across the 4 lanes with nary a car in sight.

You do see the red rocks from the hotel, but you have to look past the parking lot, neighboring buildings, and power lines to do so. There are SO many places in town and on the road where the view is unobstructed. Take you pictures there.

I am so happy we chose to stay at the Southwest Inn. The staff was delightful. Jamie booked us on a Pink Jeep Tour (highly recommend), directed us to a nearby laundromat, AND even gave us some tips on what to see in Las Vegas, our next stop. If we stopped back during the day, we would find her weeding outside, and she always had a warm smile and a kind word to share with us.

In short, I will recommend the Southwest Inn to my personal friends, and my TripAdvisor friends also. The price was very reasonable and the location is ideal, just a few miles from the historic center, a multitude of shops and restaurants, and many hiking options.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blockster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2010

At the last minute we decided a road trip to Sedona. I did not know how popular this town was until I tried to book a room . Finally through Expedia, I found a room at the Southwest Inn. We stayed here May 17 & 18, and had a fun time. The room was super clean and comfortable. We paid about $150 per night. The best part was the staff ,as they gave us great information for restaurants and trails. Any questions you had, they could answer and give you helpful information. I would stay here again. If you are looking for a good place to eat try Dahl and Di Luca for Italian and Elote for Southwest Mexican. Elote must be their hidden little secret as I did not see any advertisement for the restaurant. Try to get there by a little after 5:00 or you will have a long wait. Also be ware that the town shops close early, so plan to shop before you eat.

california
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We stayed several days in one of their Mission King rooms. Our impression of the room was that it was about the same size and condition of just about any 2 1/2 to 3 three star motel. Certainly not a 4 star boutique hotel/motel room. The carpet showed a bit of wear as did the wooden furniture. The top drawers in both night stands had broken tracks which meant the drawers would fall out unless you were very carefull. The TV worked well as did the typical wall mounted noisy AC unit. The bathroom was fairly large but very simple - single sink with counter, toilet, and standard size tub/shower. It looked like there had been a hook to hang robes or towels on the inside of the bathroom door, but all that's there now are several striped out mounting holes.
The balcony was large and included a small table and two chairs. The views were good, but you are looking over the parking lot.

The daily maid service was good and they always left plenty of towels. The entire room was clean. The continental breakfast was okay. The ladies taking care of the breakfast room did a great job keeping the food items available and the tables clean. The adjacent internet cafe room was tiny but the three dated computers/printer did work.
The wireless service worked some of the time during our stay. They said they were having problems.

The hot tub and pool area were clean and in good working order. Plenty of towels were always available. The grounds around the motel are well kept . There is a small fitness room with three pieces of equipment but only two were working.

This motel is located on the main road through town. There is plenty of road noise, but you can't really hear it when you are in the room with the AC unit running. The location is kind of on the edge of town.

In summary, The Southwest Inn on Sedona is an average-a bit overpriced-3 star, two story roadside motel with a decent continental breakfast and a nice pool and hot tub area. There are lots of these places thoughout Sedona!

Sacramento, CA
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Having a suite with a completely separate bedroom is important for me as my husband is up early and I like to sleep in. The king suite here was perfect for us. The Inn is located close to a busy road so there is road noise, but it was much quieter at night and didn't really bother us. I enjoyed the sunny, nicely decorated breakfast room, and there is an additional room with 3 computers for internet access. I saw a fitness room but didn't have time to use it. They also had no problem letting us in our room hours before check-in time, which was great after a long drive. Overall, we were very happy with our stay here and hope to return.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Longmont, cO
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Stayed 4 nights. Everything was great. Staff helpful, quiet, very clean, convenient and a nice continental breakfast. Perfect place to stay in Sedona. They really care about service.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Let me start by saying this is the cleanest place I have ever stayed "squeaky clean". The staff was very courteous and helpful with my very demanding nature. The bed was absolutely outstanding. Believe it or not, I had a better night sleep than what I have at home. The pride of ownership shines throughout. As a business traveler that stays in corporate contract chain motels on a regular basis, this place is in a completely different category.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed April 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Southwest Inn and really found it to be quite pleasant. The staff was very friendly and courteous! The rooms were great. I would say the only downfall is the breakfast option. Expect to go out for breakfast. There are plenty of great breakfast options in town. And be prepared for the front desk to close at 9.

We'd stay again and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple