“Best room on our mother/daughter road trip.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Southwest Inn at Sedona

Southwest Inn at Sedona
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Knoxville
“Best room on our mother/daughter road trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

My daughter and I took a road trip to Durango, CO; The Grand Canyon, Sedona and Jerome. We had a great time. The room we had at Southwest Inn was by far the most comfortable room we had during our 9 days on the road. Breakfast was great, room was clean, location quiet and relaxing and the staff very friendly. I can definitely recommend SWI without any hesitation. Thanks so much! Joeva Merrion

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

WE had a family reunion, 21 people, stay at the wonderful SW Inn in Sedona. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The property is sparkling clean and the breakfast was great. The rooms were nice and beds soft enough not to give me a numb backside.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Southwest Inn with their great staff and facilities.
Give it a try.
Dale Richards, Father of 7 kids, and 11 grandkids

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
North Salt Lake, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

What a great place to stay while in Sedona! For the price, location, and size of rooms we couldn't have asked for more! We have stayed at a few places in Sedona in the times we have been there but we have found our 'home' in Sedona for now on. The owners and the staff were just amazing and treated us as family. We had 21 people in our party and many places turn their nose when they see us each year but not Southwest Inn. They offered to open up the breakfast area for us at dinner so we could get takeout and eat up there as a family and play card games and relax after. We forgot to pack towels and wanted to go to the river so they let us borrow theirs with no questions asked. I also appreciated that they have their Inn sprayed every Thursday for bugs and pests and it shows. Bathrooms are large, beds are so comfy and the experience was perfect. Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hopi suite (bedroom separate from the living space) and loved the view on the balco...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel! The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms were very clean. I actually left my purse in the room after we checked out and the front office kept it for me. It would have ruined my vacation since I had no ID or money for the trip/flight. I would definitely stay there again when I go back to Sedona.

NW FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

This place was decent, but I would've been disappointed if this was a "vacation" as opposed to a stop on our drive out west. Just consider it to be a nice Motel. There are a few restaurants and shops near by. Downtown is accessible by either car or bike only but the location is good. Front office was supposed to be open until 9pm, and when I went down at 8:45pm to buy a bottle of water from the vending machines and it was closed. The bathroom was gigantic for some reason, which I guess was nice.
There was plenty of space to walk our dog around the property. Great pet policy & fees! Property was quiet and there were minimal disturbances.
If you just want a decent place to sleep while you explore this gorgeous town then you will not be disappointed. If you want a vacation & amenities then I would look elsewhere.

1 Thank Jennifer M
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with this nice little hotel. It is everything you would want: clean, quiet, and with nice views of the red rocks. The room was comfortable, and I loved the fact that the room had a fireplace. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. My only complaint was that I thought the beds were way too soft, so I did not sleep well. But I know different people like different types of beds. Lastly, there was a little deli and a pizza place right next door - very convenient.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I almost didn't want to share because this place is a great find that seemed UN-touched. Literally right off 89A. Right next to great Thunder mountain hiking trails and.. HAA a UFO DINER ( I mean that's about as Sedona as you get). The room has great air conditioning and also a ceiling fan ( great for ceiling fan babies). The pool is crisp and clean and the price is perfect. I am betting after more people find this treasure it will go up, but well worth it. Me and my son just literally tripped on this place last Thursday and had the best stay. And yes you can easily miss this grey building (I think that's a good thing). We will stay there again and again and Again...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business