“Great place to relax and recharge”

The Lodge at Sedona
Ranked #20 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great place to relax and recharge”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Usually I don't sleep well away from home, but the bed was so comfortable I had no problem sleeping in. The staff is most helpful and the food delicious. They have a medicine wheel and labyrinth on the property, as well as wonderful landscaping and pieces of art. It definitely would be a nice place to go on a retreat. Room rates are generally a bit high, but we were able to go during the middle of the week and got a good rate.

Room Tip: Copper Canyon room is the best! Great view and right next to the main lodge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I always love staying in bed and breakfasts. I have stayed in many along my journey across the country, and you do not always know what to expect especially from other online reviews. Compared to other B&B's that I have stayed in, this one is at the top. I love food and especially breakfast. I had their eggs Benedict and I wanted to have it again for lunch it was delicious. The staff was all great and accomodating. Too extra time to show me a few great spots to go hike and explore during my 2 night stay. Sherry and Liz were the innkeepers that were a great help, as well as with a few options for dinner. They also had a yoga class that I was able to take. I did not even know that they offered that with my stay. That was a great surprise. I also had a few opportunities to explore the labyrinth. overall this was a great stay, and on my next trip I am sure to make this another stop on my list.

Room Tip: I chose one of the king rooms called whsiper winds. It was very nice and loved the fire place.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I trust trip advisor everywhere I go- you guys never let me down! I can't imagine who would say this is a great place. We were originally going to stay at Enchantment but decided to go to the Grand Canyon instead and my friend booked this place after reading somewhere that it was on a top 100 hundred list.

First, we arrived to all of the front lights out and had no idea how to get into the place. We did finally find the dark entrance and were greeted by guests who barked "you are staying here are you? HEY GINA!! YOU EXPECTIN ANYBODY?. Then, from the next room and yelling over the TV, "YEAH--YOUR KEYS ARE OVER THERE IN THE ENVELOPE". There were several "guests" in the main floor, and I distinctly got the impression that none of them were paying the $200/night we were. They looked eerily like the people I have worked with in halfway houses and drug treatment facilities, as they were all in some kind of sweatpant/oversized t-shirt combo (it is about 40 degrees outside). The "lodge" looks like it was originally someone's house they couldn't no longer afford and cheaply converted the upstairs (which I would assume was originally a vaulted single story home) into a second floor where all of the rooms (judging from the pictures online) including ours, have low, bizarrely shaped ceilings so that it felt like we were housed in an attic. There was an incredibly cheap sliding door to the small, cheap bathroom which meant zero privacy and while our room did not come with a television, we could clearly hear the television from downstairs, as well as the "guests" conversations over the TV. We stayed in Dreamweaver, not one of the fanciest rooms, but mind you, the "King Suite" is touted as having carpeting and a bathtub.

I have not spent much time in Arizona, but a championship horseshoe pit is not what I would consider enough to call oneself a "resort" and when they list the "grounds" as one of their amenities, it is better to think of a yard with shrubs, so that "walking" them would probably make you feel like a creepo/stalker/peeping tom.

I would stay at Best Western over this any day of the week, but after comparing prices, you could stay and just about anywhere in Sedona for the same price, so please, I hope you can avoid this very expensive mistake of mine.

3 Thank skidmore212
Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2013

First, let me say the location and place itself is great. We loved the King Suite we EVENTUALLY got to. The "Star Gazer" King Suite was especially nice and secluded.

When we first got to the resort, we were greeted with "Oh no! I thought you guys cancelled, and we gave your room to someone else." Hate to say it, but that type of first impression is hard to shake. Thankfully they found us a room, but the Queen Guest room was incredibly small and had a funky smell. I then felt incredibly guilty that I had to reiterate to the the staff (since they thought we were okay with the downgrade) that one night was okay, but we would like to move to the King Suite we had originally booked. In the end, I probably wouldn't have even left a negative review, but after being promised that we would have $ returned for the first night, they never did call us back or make it square.

**DISCLAIMER: We did book this via Luxury Link. I'm wondering if that's the reason why that didn't warrant a call back**

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The room we had was large enough to have a little kitchen but did not, which I knew before booking it, but really missed having one. I chose the room because it had a gas fireplace across from the canopy king size bed and a nice view from the two person jacuzzi in the bedroom. It is a double shower which I also enjoyed. On the few nights we wanted hot water after midnight, there was none. The breakfasts were too gourmet for my taste and since this is also a Gerson cleansing spa I would had thought they would serve all guests a bit more healthy food. I was not told there would be a chatterey group of "cleansers" at the retreat or that the room we were in "Red Rock Crossing" was directly across from the office. Getting hot water for tea required walking through the B&B and the cups were small and cooled off fast. A thermos for hot water or a microwave in the room would have helped a lot. We were offered a seasonal deal but I still think it was over-priced.

Room Tip: We used the outside door through the bathroom of Red Rock Crossing room so we did not have to go thr...
Davis
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The lodge at Sedona is an amazing place to stay. It is walking distance to several good restaurants, including the ever consistently great Picazzo's. The staff at the lodge were extremely friendly and helpful, gave us some great trips on where to hike, and most importantly -- they seemed to genuinely love working at the Lodge. Breakfasts were great -- plenty of food and a lovely patio to sit out on. The grounds are just magnificent -- lots of lighting, chairs to sit on, interesting art and water fountains. If you like a bit more space, I would recommend one of the suites, as I heard that the upstairs rooms are a bit small. My husband and I stayed in the Prairie Ranch Suite, and it was just the perfect size for the two of us. There is a fireplace in that particular suite (non wood burning) and it added a great ambience to the room, as well as added heat. We would recommend this lodge and we will stay there again, next trip to Sedona.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nerac, France
Reviewed September 17, 2013

For me, this place was a superb experience overall. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff were excellent. I love a good breakfast, and this place has the best. One morning we had Herb Poached Eggs with Chorizo which were out of this world, and the next morning we had a Sweet Potato, cheddar and Leek Frittata. (I didn’t think I would like sweet potato anything, but I did). Maybe it was the fact we could eat outside on the patio which made it better, but I don’t think so. Everyone was great here, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple