“Great place, but didn't quite start off right...”

The Lodge at Sedona
Ranked #21 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Texas
“Great place, but didn't quite start off right...”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

First, let me say the location and place itself is great. We loved the King Suite we EVENTUALLY got to. The "Star Gazer" King Suite was especially nice and secluded.

When we first got to the resort, we were greeted with "Oh no! I thought you guys cancelled, and we gave your room to someone else." Hate to say it, but that type of first impression is hard to shake. Thankfully they found us a room, but the Queen Guest room was incredibly small and had a funky smell. I then felt incredibly guilty that I had to reiterate to the the staff (since they thought we were okay with the downgrade) that one night was okay, but we would like to move to the King Suite we had originally booked. In the end, I probably wouldn't have even left a negative review, but after being promised that we would have $ returned for the first night, they never did call us back or make it square.

**DISCLAIMER: We did book this via Luxury Link. I'm wondering if that's the reason why that didn't warrant a call back**

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wbird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The room we had was large enough to have a little kitchen but did not, which I knew before booking it, but really missed having one. I chose the room because it had a gas fireplace across from the canopy king size bed and a nice view from the two person jacuzzi in the bedroom. It is a double shower which I also enjoyed. On the few nights we wanted hot water after midnight, there was none. The breakfasts were too gourmet for my taste and since this is also a Gerson cleansing spa I would had thought they would serve all guests a bit more healthy food. I was not told there would be a chatterey group of "cleansers" at the retreat or that the room we were in "Red Rock Crossing" was directly across from the office. Getting hot water for tea required walking through the B&B and the cups were small and cooled off fast. A thermos for hot water or a microwave in the room would have helped a lot. We were offered a seasonal deal but I still think it was over-priced.

Room Tip: We used the outside door through the bathroom of Red Rock Crossing room so we did not have to go thr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank skylar60
Davis
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The lodge at Sedona is an amazing place to stay. It is walking distance to several good restaurants, including the ever consistently great Picazzo's. The staff at the lodge were extremely friendly and helpful, gave us some great trips on where to hike, and most importantly -- they seemed to genuinely love working at the Lodge. Breakfasts were great -- plenty of food and a lovely patio to sit out on. The grounds are just magnificent -- lots of lighting, chairs to sit on, interesting art and water fountains. If you like a bit more space, I would recommend one of the suites, as I heard that the upstairs rooms are a bit small. My husband and I stayed in the Prairie Ranch Suite, and it was just the perfect size for the two of us. There is a fireplace in that particular suite (non wood burning) and it added a great ambience to the room, as well as added heat. We would recommend this lodge and we will stay there again, next trip to Sedona.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nerac, France
Reviewed September 17, 2013

For me, this place was a superb experience overall. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff were excellent. I love a good breakfast, and this place has the best. One morning we had Herb Poached Eggs with Chorizo which were out of this world, and the next morning we had a Sweet Potato, cheddar and Leek Frittata. (I didn’t think I would like sweet potato anything, but I did). Maybe it was the fact we could eat outside on the patio which made it better, but I don’t think so. Everyone was great here, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Moab, Utah
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I like the Lodge at Sedona and their breakfast. The breakfast compared to other places was amazing. I wish that I could live there and have them make breakfast for me everyday. The chef was fun and enjoyable to speak to. The kitchen is open so that you can watch them make your breakfast right in front of you. It was nice to sit down on the outside patio each morning of our stay to eat, and enjoy the other quests company. We stayed in one of their king rooms named copper canyon that had a nice outside patio and jetted bath tub. If I can get another weekend away from the kids, I will be back again soon. i know that I will need the break. Thanks again for the wonderful stay and breakfast. I highly recommend staying here at the Lodge and it is great that it is close to everything in the area. Plus there is a health food store very close to the Lodge called Natural Grocers, so we could pick up some snacks before our hike.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I went here for our 1-year wedding anniversary and it was fabulous. We stayed two nights. The bed was so comfortable, the bathtub was great, and the food at breakfast was yummy. A little different, very Sedona- but so good.

All of the staff was very friendly and even the guests said hello to each other when we saw each other. It is very restful, whether you are looking to recover and heal, or to have a little getaway. It has a great location--you can walk to restaurants if you choose, and we went to the Natural Grocers store on the corner several times because it was awesome, and right there.

While it has a location close to everything, it still has magnificent views and is set back from the road, making it feel very secluded. It was marvelous. Definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are in the main building, while others have separate entrances from the outside, which ma...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed in Sedona in June 2013, during our long USA trip, and had a fabulous stay here. The service here is impeccable, the offering is great for how much it costs. The staff were extremely helpful throughout our stay.

The breakfast was spectacular

The lodge has an extremely calming effect, which is in line with all of Sedona really. I'd give this place 5 stars and definitely visit again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family