“Objectively, one of the best rooms I stayed in (Oak Creek Suite)”

The Inn Above Oak Creek
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This review is for the Oak Creek Suite; I didn't get a chance to see the other rooms, but this one is was great. My wife literally gasped when she saw the room. It's more like someone's nice condo than a hotel room and that's because it is. Apparently, the old owner built this for his own residence, but the new owner, Spence decided he could get a better return by offering for people like me.

Our trip was in January and I knew I wanted a nice room since I knew we would spend a lot of time in the room because I don't think there's much nightlife in Sedona. The rate was incredible for what is essentially a two-story, self-contained condo which meant we got a lot of privacy.

The only thing that was lacking was that while the views of Oak Creek was nice, you can't see much of the famed rock formations from our room.

Anyway, I wholeheartedly recommend this place to anyone but advise going in the offseason when the rates are cheaper (and Sedona is less crowded).

Room Tip: Stay at the Oak Creek Suite! The premium (about 40-50% if I remember right) is worth it!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
jsromine, Owner at The Inn Above Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words! We always try to provide a great value and I am so thankful that we met that objective with you.

There are newer reviews for The Inn Above Oak Creek

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great location creek side!Spenser the owner and Chris the manager treated us very well even upgrading us the 2nd night of our stay to the luxurious 2flloor suite outstanding really enjoyed the various artwork and beautiful kitchen Also appreciated Chris suggesting a great restaurant Elote superb!thanks for everything really hope to return!i travel extensively as I work for an airline and I would highly recommend this property!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank 106maruth
Reviewed January 8, 2014

For our first trip to Sedona we wanted to maximize access to the beauty that makes this place so popular. When we phoned to make our reservation for two rooms, he asked if we would like our rooms to overlook Oak Creek. Our comfortable, recently-updated rooms, each with its own fireplace, were simple and elegant. The balconies overlooking the creek gave us views of the stars, the trees, and loads of ducks (who seemed to be unbothered by the chilly November evening temperatures).

The living room/common space was comfortable and big enough to accommodate many more people than were staying there at the time. Tea, coffee, muffins and fruit were out all day long--a bonus for those of us who were burning calories on the trails during the day. The communal kitchen is underused and as a result, could probably use some extra TLC. But now that we know that we can cook for ourselves, we will probably plan to make our own meals next time. For all of the beautiful sites and galleries in Sedona, many of the restaurants felt overpriced for average but decent food. Why not make our own dinner and enjoy the stars without having to pay gratuity?

The Inn staff were kind, hospitable and knowledgeable. We started each day by asking for hike recommendations--and were thrilled with the results.

This place is a great value and a refreshing change from the overpriced, impersonal hotels that so many of us have become accustomed to in our travels. We are looking forward to our next stay at the Inn on Oak Creek.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adam A
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Decided to drive up to Sedona from Phoenix for a relaxing Sunday overnight and tried the Inn on Oak Creek (also known as the Inn Above Oak Creek). What a wonderful experience and we stayed in the Oak Creek Suite. Amazing night here and highly recommend!! It's a beautiful small hotel sitting right over Oak Creek (as the name suggests) with great views and a calming atmosphere. Very quite, the owners are great and the room was spectacular.

The suite has two levels with balconies, fireplaces, a beautiful kitchen and an enormous bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. The bathroom floors are even heated, which is a nice touch. In the morning a great continental breakfast selection was served in the main part of the hotel (the living room) where you can again relax by a fire or hang out on the outside deck.

Perfectly located with lots to do within a very short walking distance. Next time you're looking for a relaxing, quite and romantic place to stay I highly recommend this place. The only noise heard was the peaceful sounds of the ducks in the creek. Will certainly be staying here again!!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Oak Creek Suite however the rest of the hotel is great too and I'm sure the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was eager to find something special in Sedona to celebrate the New Year in style, so I did a lot of research before deciding on the "Oak Creek Suite" at the Inn on Oak Creek.

And I'm so glad I did!!

For only a little more than I would have spent on a typical Sedona hotel room, my girlfriend and I were able to stay in this amazing suite filled with all the luxuries we possibly could have imagined!!

This two story suite has patios on each level, both offering great views of Oak Creek. And each level has its own gas fireplace.

The kitchen and dining area were so beautiful, we opted out of eating at any of the many fine restaurants Sedona has to offer because none could possibly have matched the quiet and luxurious ambience we had in our own room!

The one thing my girlfriend had asked for was a room with access to a hot tub or Jacuzzi.

Jackpot... this suite has an amazing two person Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom that is roomy and it has all the bells and whistles you could possibly imagine. The bathroom also has a very spacious walk-in shower with multiple shower heads.

I was initially concerned we might hear traffic noise as we slept because the hotel is located on the main thoroughfare, but it is so well constructed, that wasn't the case at all. In fact, it was one of the quietest rooms in which I've ever stayed.

If you're looking for something special in Sedona, this suite is definitely IT!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I came to Sedona on a whim-stayed in a few different places until I came upon the inn on oak creek by chance. A lovely women at a tourist info center recommended. I booked last minute and was not disappointed at all! This is the place to stay. New owners, completely renovated, cozy, serene and on the creek. The owners are more than over accommodating. Nothing bad to report. I've stayed all over the country traveling and this place is beyond exceptional. The price is amazing. You will enjoy a relaxing B&B, next to the all areas of Sedona you want to be in for hiking, shopping and restaurants. Thank you Inn on oak creek for making the stay in Sedona amazing!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank WVtravel2
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I both have family in Arizona, and Sedona has been our little get away. We were so grateful that we found the Inn at Oak Creek. This place is such a great value, and it's got all the little extras I love (fireplace, robes, jetted tub, soft towels, comfy bed & great view). Chris and Spence were awesome! So helpful and accommodating! We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple