“A night in Sedona”

Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Phoenix, Arizona
“A night in Sedona”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Decided to drive up to Sedona from Phoenix for a relaxing Sunday overnight and tried the Inn on Oak Creek (also known as the Inn Above Oak Creek). What a wonderful experience and we stayed in the Oak Creek Suite. Amazing night here and highly recommend!! It's a beautiful small hotel sitting right over Oak Creek (as the name suggests) with great views and a calming atmosphere. Very quite, the owners are great and the room was spectacular.

The suite has two levels with balconies, fireplaces, a beautiful kitchen and an enormous bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. The bathroom floors are even heated, which is a nice touch. In the morning a great continental breakfast selection was served in the main part of the hotel (the living room) where you can again relax by a fire or hang out on the outside deck.

Perfectly located with lots to do within a very short walking distance. Next time you're looking for a relaxing, quite and romantic place to stay I highly recommend this place. The only noise heard was the peaceful sounds of the ducks in the creek. Will certainly be staying here again!!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Oak Creek Suite however the rest of the hotel is great too and I'm sure the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was eager to find something special in Sedona to celebrate the New Year in style, so I did a lot of research before deciding on the "Oak Creek Suite" at the Inn on Oak Creek.

And I'm so glad I did!!

For only a little more than I would have spent on a typical Sedona hotel room, my girlfriend and I were able to stay in this amazing suite filled with all the luxuries we possibly could have imagined!!

This two story suite has patios on each level, both offering great views of Oak Creek. And each level has its own gas fireplace.

The kitchen and dining area were so beautiful, we opted out of eating at any of the many fine restaurants Sedona has to offer because none could possibly have matched the quiet and luxurious ambience we had in our own room!

The one thing my girlfriend had asked for was a room with access to a hot tub or Jacuzzi.

Jackpot... this suite has an amazing two person Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom that is roomy and it has all the bells and whistles you could possibly imagine. The bathroom also has a very spacious walk-in shower with multiple shower heads.

I was initially concerned we might hear traffic noise as we slept because the hotel is located on the main thoroughfare, but it is so well constructed, that wasn't the case at all. In fact, it was one of the quietest rooms in which I've ever stayed.

If you're looking for something special in Sedona, this suite is definitely IT!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I came to Sedona on a whim-stayed in a few different places until I came upon the inn on oak creek by chance. A lovely women at a tourist info center recommended. I booked last minute and was not disappointed at all! This is the place to stay. New owners, completely renovated, cozy, serene and on the creek. The owners are more than over accommodating. Nothing bad to report. I've stayed all over the country traveling and this place is beyond exceptional. The price is amazing. You will enjoy a relaxing B&B, next to the all areas of Sedona you want to be in for hiking, shopping and restaurants. Thank you Inn on oak creek for making the stay in Sedona amazing!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank WVtravel2
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I both have family in Arizona, and Sedona has been our little get away. We were so grateful that we found the Inn at Oak Creek. This place is such a great value, and it's got all the little extras I love (fireplace, robes, jetted tub, soft towels, comfy bed & great view). Chris and Spence were awesome! So helpful and accommodating! We will definitely be back again!

Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been quite busy lately and happened to get 1 day off together. We decided to drive up to Sedona. Last 2 places we have stayed boasted jetted tubs and both were not working so I e-mailed the Inn to ask about tubs. Spence assured us they were all working. He got back to me right away which is something I really appreciate. Spence gave us an upgrade when we arrived and even though we were only there 1 night, it was a great night and we both enjoyed the huge jetted tub and the lovely views off the balcony. This will be the place we stay from now on because the customer service and the beautiful rooms. Thank you Spence! You can not beat this price and the views are amazing. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: If you love to cook the suite has a Chef's Kitchen and and amazing view out the huge picture win...
3 Thank Samantha1128
London, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I , with another couple stayed here on Dec 3/13 and were surprised with the beautiful decor and warmth of the surroundings. We felt at home! Our room was lovely with a gas fireplace and very comfortable bed. The Manager, Chris made us feel welcome and relaxed. The four of us enjoyed sitting in the common room with a glass of wine and yet another glowing fireplace. I have and will continue to tell our friends that they must stay here while in Sedona. Pictures on the website are understated. It's prettier in real time. The staff is friendly and ensured we had everything we needed. And to top it off, the price was great! Fantastic value! Loved it and wished we could have stayed longer. Plan to return when we visit Sedona again. Thank you for your hospitality!
M & B Jackson, London, Ontario, Canada

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We ended up in Sedona (12/13 - 12/15) almost by accident, so I went to tripadvisor for room help. I had a little bit of sticker shock with some of the pricing. I'm sure those other rooms that are $300 and up are nice, but I can't imagine that they are more than 2X what you'll get with Inn on Oak Creek. Spence and Chris could not be more friendly and helpful. The creek was crystal clear and had plenty of ducks hanging out. The common areas are awesome. You can grill outside, down by the creek, or sit by the fire in the lobby and read a book. The location is perfect and is walking distance to some of the best restaurants and shopping in Sedona.

We ended up splurging on the suite. It was truly amazing and more than we could have ever imagined. It has two floors, a kitchen that is unmatched, two balconies, a huge tub with a million jets and a shower that could comfortably hold 6 people. We can't wait to go back to Sedona and a big reason is the Inn on Oak Creek. Thank you Spence!!!

Room Tip: Splurge on the suite. Amazing!!
1 Thank VegasN8tive